Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » A Hero Stands... Stumbles (open)

The Red Fool (played by TheLily) Topic Starter

"Oh, well, I wish I had known that." She felt foolish now. Of course he didn't just ask a random stranger to come get him. What a moron she was. She asked him because she wasn't Cody.

"So, how long have you two known each other? I figured Annabella here was pretty straight laced."
Roosevelt smiled at AJ. "How much was bail? I have to pay you back for that. And if you want me to stay--I can." He frowned, he really didn't have anywhere to go; Cody would be long gone as would most if not all of the Resistance.

And then he turned to Casey.

"We met today. I don't usually make a habit of asking people for bail; it's a first for me; and I'm not planning on repeating the experience." He raised an eyebrow. "So how long have you and AJ been an item?"

AJ furrowed her brow, "We're not. He's just being a jerk." She had pulled her lips into a thin line, getting angrier and angrier the longer he touched her, "He just happened to be driving by when I was calling a cab - what luck I had." She looked at Roosevelt, "Just pay him back, forty bucks is all he need to get out of my hair."

Casey grinned, "She doesn't seem to know what she's missing. Then again, at least if she's gunna fall for a ni-" He was cut off as AJ slipped and nailed him in the crotch with her crutch. She fell into a chair and faired quite well for someone with broken leg and a twisted ankle.
Roosevelt didn't get angry often, but when he did, it was spectacular. Fortunately he didn't have to, as AJ took it into her own hands to dole out judgment herself.

He smiled politely at Casey as he retrieved his wallet back from the cage of evidence and then opened it. "Forty bucks, it is. And how much was bail?" he asked AJ.

AJ struggled to get up and Case took his leave, cupping himself. She frowned, "You can pay me back by ordering pizza, paying for the cab and making sure I don't fall on the way to the bathroom tonight." She flashed him an easy smile as she attempted to right herself.

She turned with the expert grace that comes with being a klutz. When she wasn't running into things, falling off of things or tripping over things, she had a dancer's grace. She was, after all, long limbed. She looked up at him, "Care to give your saviour a hand? I didn't know how else to hit him without being arrested for assault."
Pocketing his wallet, Roosevelt was just about to help her up. "Of course," he said and steadied her when she stood up. "I mean, you just bailed me out of jail, and defended my honor in front of that jerk. If you hadn't done that, I might be doing time for assault. And I'm not the violent type. Usually."

He sighed, depressed, and shook his head. "On a happier note, what do you like on your pizza?"

"Oh, and you gotta help me upstairs. That might be a task and a half." Shr grinned, "I like pepperoni, beef, cheese, BBQ sauce." She shrugged her shoulders and pulled out her phone, dialing for a cab while Roosevelt signed the paperwork.

She looked him over, thinking about what Casey had said. Roosevelt was pretty handsome. And a decent guy, for a criminal.

Why did she have such luck? First Casey and now Roosevelt!? This would have only been worse if she had liked Cody!
Roosevelt grinned. "Sure thing; I'm stronger than I look. And that pizza sounds amazing." He finished signing the paperwork and then rubbed his hands together. "Let's get out of here, shall we?"

Of course, he'd wait to walk beside AJ as she crutched her way out of the police station. "So, uh, thank you again for bailing me out. I'm really embarrassed I had to call you. I don't usually make a habit of this. Although it's not like I'm usually in jail or in trouble with the law--" he cut himself off, realizing he was only backsliding.

He scratched his head. "Man, I'm horrible at this sort of stuff. Sorry for the inconvenience."

She laughed softly, "I won't bail you out again. I make minimum wage. You're lucky pay day is coming up." She smiled sweetly. She didn't mind at all now, while they waited for the cab, "Wanna watch a movie too? I got a huge collection. I haven't been able to stay in and watch one in a while."
Roosevelt brightened. "Pizza and a movie? What is it, Christmas? I'd love to watch a movie. I can't remember the last time I did," he half joked.

When the taxi finally pulled up, he opened the door for AJ and offered her an arm for when she had to juggle crutches and whatnot. It was probably good he was seeing her home; he would have been worried for her safety otherwise.

AJ held onto his arm while she slid in, giving her address to the driver, "What sort of movies do you like?" She buckled herself up, shifting to get comfortable. She looked at the driver for a moment and then the road, wondering how screwed they were going to get for fair.
"We want the short route," Roosevelt clarified for the taxi driver and buckled himself in before answering AJ.

"Um, well, action is nice, but comedy is probably my favorite. Something light." Heck, his life was crazy enough to be an action movie alone. And he wouldn't mind just relaxing with AJ.

He flushed suddenly and busied himself by looking out the window. He was actually looking forward to a moment of relaxing, and AJ was easy on the eyes. But he couldn't be thinking about that; he was indebted to her still.

AJ was surprised at how commanding he sounded, but at the same time, not rude. If she had said the same words, it would have come out meek and would have been ignored.

"So, what are your parents like?" Why was she asking questions like this was a first date. Was it a first date? Or were they going to be just friends? This was getting confusing, "My dad's a dancer and my mom was a chef for a while... Neither of them were much good at that." She laughed softly.
Surprised by her questions, he looked back at her and smiled. He couldn't help it. Of all the things to ask, his parents had come up.

"Ah, well, they were--are--good, hardworking folk. Actually my mom was a doctor for a government facility and my dad did some odd job stuff. I think he was a contractor, but he never really spoke about what he did. I don't really talk to them now...we sort of agreed to end ties when I, ah--anyway. A chef? I bet your mom tried all sorts of concoctions on you. Did you have any favorites?"

"A doctor, wow. My mom experimented far too much. I liked meatloaf night best. At least it was something new for me!" She tapped her chin, "Well, let's get some other basics out of you. You know how old I am? How old are you? Did you have any pets growing up? I had a cat named Mince, but he ran away. What did you study in school?" She spoke fast, maybe a little nervous.
Roosevelt laughed as she pelted him with questions. "Hey, relax. We've got all night, remember?" Well, stupid thing to say, right? Especially with a taxi driver listening in. Anyway.

"I'm 27; I don't know how old you are--though I'm guessing you're over eighteen. And I had a dog and a fish, growing up. The dog died when I was twelve and we never got another one. The fish died when I was eight. Um...I finished high school, but I didn't go to college. If I had it to do over again, I'd get my degree in architecture."

He leaned a little towards AJ. "Alright, so what did or are you studying in school? Do you have siblings?" He would wait until they were at her place before asking the more personal questions.

AJ blushed, "I'm 23. I was going to fashion design classes for a while, I had to stop because I didn't have enough money." The cab came to a stop outside her flat, "I'm an only child. My parents joke that after me, they didn't want have another one ever again." She pulled her keys from her pocket, "I should warn you that I like in the eighth floor... It'll be a long walk."
Roosevelt grinned and passed a wad of cash to the cab driver. "Thanks, man." Then stepped out to open the door and give AJ a hand with her crutches.

"I'm also an only child; tended to be more of a loner until I met Cody--he grows on you after a while." He grimaced briefly, knowing he'd have to face the volatile man at some point.

"Fashion designer, eh? Maybe you can convince Wesson to give up his fatigues," he joked and then looked up at the building. "Eighth floor, huh? You want me to carry you up?"

She wrinkled her nose, I can't believe you like him. He's so... rude. And condescending." She put the crutches together, "If you think you can carry me. I'm quite overweight." She was joking. She was in good shape, lean and toned, without too much muscle. She clearly took after her father, if she was to be believed about him being a dancer.
Roosevelt laughed at AJ's description of Cody. "He's rude and he's a jerk, true, but he's got good reason to be. His own foster parents turned him into the cops for suspicious activity and he's been paranoid ever since. I was a friend of his through high school, so he and I go back a ways. But he's not a bad guy. He's just not always pleasant--particularly if you pose as a threat--which you had. You'd best count yourself lucky that he didn't shoot you on instinct. He must have liked you; in his own little way."

Roosevelt half knelt, presenting his back to AJ. "Climb on; it'll be faster than if you crutch your way up eight landings."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » A Hero Stands... Stumbles (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus