Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Roads of the lost

Cranky Doortrap (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

Her engine strains as she rolls over the tow cable, a few gears creaking in protest of movement. Her eyes focus to the interstate as well. ''Did it attach? I'm over it, but I don't feel anything besides the road under my tires,''
Clutch (played by PenGryphon2007)

Clutch gave an experimental tug to see if it had attached. The cable slid for a moment before latching onto something on CD's undercarriage. He felt the resistance of the car he would be pulling.

"Okay, now we're good. If you could put your gear into neutral, I won't have to work too hard." Lies. All lies. All cars worked hard--particularly those doing the towing. Good thing he didn't feel pain--just pressure and resistance. "Let me know when you're ready."

CD shifts her gears to neutral. ''Alright, I'm ready.'' She replied, looking out to the road. She hadn't been towed before, seeing as she was the stubborn one that kept at a constant pace and disliked being stopped. She recalled the days of speeding past gunfire and explosions, when even the innocent could fall at a whims notice. And if she had ever been towed before, she certainly couldn't remember such.

Clutch rolled along experimentally, testing the strength of the cable and the speed at which he could tow. "Alright, let's attempt merging, shall we?"

He put his turn signal on as he primed himself to wait for CD's 'ok'.

''We shall.'' She replied, eying the road intently, her wheels freely moving when he had rolled a bit. ''It's clear so far, don't see any big trucks or speeding cars passing by.''

"Good," Clutch merged into the lane without any mishaps. "Only five miles to the nearest mechanics--and then maybe we can convince him to fix us up."

Surely between the two of them they could find some way to convince a mechanic to repair them. "How many races did you run? Was that before or after the spying?" Clutch asked.

''It was during spying. You had to be fast to avoid gunfire and bombs. Too slow, and your a goner.'' She replied. ''It was a grand ole time. Racing past the guns that were shooting at you, too fast to be hit. Dirt would fly up if a bomb exploded near you, and you'd only slide to keep from spinning out of control and being destroyed. Such fun times, to risk it all to aid your allies...''

Clutch cackled at the idea. "That sounds like fun." Though he suspected he'd make a terrible spy. "Well, maybe up until you get caught. It must have been worth it though."

She smiles lightly. ''I never got caught.'' She replied. ''There were days when you could explore underwater, and find treasures.'' Watching cars fly past. ''I yearn to one day speed past others like I used to. Humans are still hunting me down to destroy me, though I'm retired. Funny, huh?''

"I understand the feeling," Clutch replied. He'd been left to rot in a scrap yard, and only by some miracle had a kid found him and resurrected him. "Humans, I've found, like to dissect things they don't understand. Often to their own demise."

"Is it safe to merge over another two lanes? We need to take the exit in two miles."

CD looks around, then gruffs. ''Theres a line of police cars behind us, but none beside us. Go on.''

"Police cars?!" Clutch muttered under his breath as he picked up his speed and merged over. He rolled up his windows for good measure, hoping the cruisers wouldn't notice he had no driver.

"I need darker tinting on my windows."

A siren sounds as the police cars speed up. ''Their coming for us!''

"You got any of those paralysis-inducing weapons armed?" Clutch asked, trying to calculate their chances at an escape. There's no way he'd be able to outdistance so many cruisers while towing a car behind him. Though the story alone would make him famous. Well maybe infamous. Before he got sent to the scrapyard.

CD racked up thoughts, then fires a missile at the cruisers. The missiles explodes once close to them,. sending up a cloud of dust,feathers,and other objects designed to stop cars. ''That should keep'em at bay! Well, jam the engines up anyway.''

He heard the sound and pressed down on the accelerator. "I am so glad you're behind me." Clutch said as the sirens behind them began to distance themselves. "Alright, exit coming up. There's gonna be a hard left after I take it, so let me know if there's traffic."

CD looks around. ''Don't see anything blocking the way. But my scanner is going berzerk for some reason..''

"Scanner? Is it being jammed?" Clutch didn't have a scanner, just a GPS navigation system. He didn't exactly have time to stop or slow down either, though as he barreled up the off ramp he did let off the gas. Fortunately it was sloped uphill, so it further decreased his speed.

He made a hard left, hoping that the towing cable wouldn't give out and that CD had enough tread on her tires to follow his lead. "It's on the right in three hundred feet," he said. As long as he didn't run into anything on the way.

''No, i----'' She started to say, but was cut off as the cable came loose, sending CD's tires screeching as she slid left for a bit, slamming in her brakes. She came to a halt on the edge of a close by sheer drop, gulping, rocks falling to the waters below. She looked to see if she should see Clutch from where she was. ''Shoot..'' She muttered.

(Weeeee? XD..)

Clutch felt the moment the cable came loose. He slammed on his brakes, forgetting that there was traffic around him. A horn honked and he pulled sharplly off to the side of the road.

His internal AI sensor beeped again, and he began to carefully reverse, forgetting his sensors were down. The internal beeping grew stronger then fainter as he grew closer than farther to CD, searching for her the only way he knew how. Where was she?

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Roads of the lost

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus