Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Roads of the lost

Clutch (played by PenGryphon2007)

"I am so glad all my parts are replaceable," Clutch said, his window wipers going again as though they would wipe away the thought. "He was lucky it wasn't more serious."

Just then, his low fuel light dinged, as if he needed a reminder that he was idling his way out of gas.

(Heh, I misread that at first as "head" rather than "hand". >_<)
Tara O'Conly (played by L0v3lyInk)

"I can agree with the cranky part." Eric huffed as he pulled off his shirt. It wasn't soaked but it was wet enough that he didn't want it on. One pet peeve of Eric's was being wet. He didn't like to be wet and if he was going to be getting wet he never planned on being wet for more than an hour. "Come on pains in the ass. Clutch get going to the gas station."

He moved over to CD and opened the door for himself climbing in before throwing his shirt on the passenger seat. "Damn CD...when is the last time someone cleaned you out?? There is so much dirt and sand in here...is that seaweed?" he asked being perfectly serious.
Cranky Doortrap (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

''I crashed into an ocean once, and got towed out. Therefore anything that got into my insides weren't cleaned out because the only ones that ever tried to drive me were just in it to steal my gadgets. I'm sorry that I'm full of sea junk.'' She retorted, a fish bone visible in her weathered back seats. It was amazing to consider that she even worked at all, from the dirt and sand within. ''My core wasn't damaged much. Cracked slightly from impact, but otherwise its working.'' She inquired.

''Unless you plan on cleaning me out afterwards?''

Clutch beeped his affirmative to Eric's command and led the way to the gas station. He kept his windows up so people wouldn't readily notice he didn't have a driver at the moment.

He kept his pace slow, though he doubted he could hear much of the conversation between Eric and CD over the roar of his and CD's engine.

"Erk...." he reached back and grabbed the fish bone quickly opening the door again and throwing it out into the grass. One of the local cats or a raccoon would eat it. At least he figured they would. "I sure as hell am not cleaning you out. I'm sure Tara will though as soon as she sees how dirt it is in here..." he said looking around. "She'll take care of the interior and I'll deal with the engine. Of course for your body work...you're going to have to earn that. I could at least get the rust taken care of though." he said pursing his lips as he looked for the emergency break. WHen he located it he quickly tested it and sighed. "At least that still works." he mumbled. He then rolled down the window and leaned out, "You ready Clutch??"

''Working is nothing when my max speed is 250~'' CD piped up, her engine humming lightly. ''Underneath all this rust is a war-hardened didn't really want retire in the first place spy car.'' She grumped, water dribbling loosely out from her exaust pipes, caked in rust. She smelled like the salty-sea air of an ocean, even!

Clutch beeped. "Yes, I've been ready. Are you and CD done trading licenses and registrations yet? Can you get her to the gas station?"

Eric smiled and decided to tease Clutch a little. "Don't be getting jealous cause I'm stealing all the attention off of you hotshot." he called before he started to carefully back CD out of the drive.

Eric chuckled to himself and then looked around CD's interior. "My word you need a lot of work and not just on your breaks." he said just listening to her engine. "You definitely are going to have to earn your keep woman."

''If I can do that by racing. My systems were designed for high-speed turns and sharp stops and jumping ramps almost every day. I've dreamed of being able to speed past others, but with all my damage I've just been able to go at a measly 30mph in fear of crashing..'' She whined, eyes looking ahead in defeat. ''But I don't think racers would want to see an eyed car at a starting line.''

"Well, I'll fix you up with what money I can spare. I'll get you new breaks and tires. I'll have your suspension checked and also a few other things. I don't think I'll be able to manage much else though until I get more money. Half of what I have belongs to Clutch anyways. He won the money I have."

''He seemed upset when I flew past him at my full speed..'' She replied, looking at the ground silently. ''But I understand, though. He could easily win every race imaginable. I'm just a spy car that was made for war, not everyday use.''

"Upset? Jealous? Me?" Clutch beeped his horn at the suggestion. "I was simply...surprised." Yeah, that was it, surprised. "Besides, with that kind of speed, you'd definitely win at the tracks CD. Assuming you avoid that pot hole."

Although if she had that kind of suspension, she probably wouldn't even feel it. Was this what jealousy felt like? He didn't care for it and revved his engine to distract himself. Maybe he should get a new paint job while he was at it. Flames. Or something spiffy.

''But your an AI built into a standard issue vechicle. I'm an AI built into a car that has brought down many great leaders in many different areas during the war times..'' She rambled on, engine puttering a bit. She didn't consider hereself awesome as Clutch and Eric seemed to think. Sure, she was 'different'. 'Different' from any other AI for her second form. But it had been a form she had only got from a deadly attack on her core, and presumbly one that must have nearly put her out of ability, as her body shuddered from the thought. ''I nearly lost myself one time...One time..'' She said. ''I still remember it...But I dare not terrify anyone with it..''

Eric smiled as he back CD out of the drive and then started her off to the gas station. He listened to her as she spoke. "But now you are just a car with super nifty features and eyes. The past is the past and it may haunt you but you shouldn't let it stop you from moving forward." he said as he patted her steering wheel. "You're still alive and now that you aren't a super awesome spy car you have to find something else for you to do."

He looked in the rear view mirror to see if Clutch was back there and smiled seeing that he was. As soon as he pulled into the gas station, he pulled up as much as he could and then leaned in. "I'm gonna turn you off for a few minutes while I'm filling you up alright?" He said softly to her, as not to get too many stares from people.

''Alright.'' She replied, closing her eyes, and waiting silently. Sure, Eric was right. She no longer was a spy car in a way. She had been retired, even if it was against her will. Even if she still did have what was left of her past, she couldn't let it hinder her future actions. So there she stopped, keeping her eyes shut so her windsheild looked somewhat transparently purple.

Eric smiled and reached in turning her off. He quickly went inside, prepaying 100, hoping that would fill up both cars. He then started to fill up CD before he looked back to Clutch. "Hey Clutch. Just give me a minute to fill up CD and then I'll get you. By the way, where did you find rusty butt?"

Clutch pulled in behind CD, and came to a well-executed stop at the gas station. He was prepared to wait, even as his gas icon dinged a second time. "I KNOW," he yelled at himself. "Geeze, I'm sentient, I know you're getting low."

He came back to himself with a start when Eric addressed him. "Where did I find her? Oh, I was out on the highway and some moron tried to run me off the road. Damaged some rear sensors pretty good and my bumper. Also spun me into a 180. I was trying to turn around and that's where I met Cranky Doortrap. She was in some dead end road and couldn't go over 30. One thing led to another--cops, mechanics, a car chase--and here we are."

If Clutch had had an antenna, he would have wagged it. Instead he settled for flashing his brights. "Ta-da!"

Eric blinked as he stared at Clutch. "All that in such a little period of time...how do you manage." he said shaking his head. "And why didn't you come to me as far as a mechanic goes you jerK!" he said huffing as if offended.

A few seconds later, CD was filled up. Eric carefully laid the nozzle down on the ground and then turned CD back on lightly patting her roof. "Hey, can you use your emergency break and scoot yourself forward?" he asked her, giving her a second to warm up first of course.

"Well, CD was in a bit of a bind and we couldn't make it back here. I might advise not travelling down 5th street for a while...the mechanics didn't take too kindly to our, ah, hit-and-run approach."

Her engine hums lightly as her systems shudder as she turns back on. She drives forward a bit as Eric said, then uses her emergency break.

''It's not my fault that humans want uncaptured spies.'' She muttered, opening her eyes slightly. She had some unused windshield wipers. Upon catching site of them she moved them back and forth on her 'winsheild' staring at them with her eyes moving to watch the smoothened ends move over the thin glass that covered her eyes. She hadn't noticed them back from when she was created at all, and now seeing these thin worn out wipers was suprising, to her at least.

''What are these...?'' She questioned.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Roads of the lost

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus