Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Freaks of Nature (Superhero RP Closed)

Oop: Just skip me this round, I don't have anything to post.
Darwin (played by Monkeycyborgninja) Topic Starter

((You're not going to show your reaction to Catherine's post, that's something you can do))
Violet shot another unconscious snarl at Catherine and her husband. Violet's attention quickly turned to Kane as he entered. Violet took her seat, leaning forward and resting her head on her arms. "Go on." Violet said impatiently.
Catherine (played by Raider-jack29)

Catherine smirks as her plan seems to be complete, she then sends a glance at D-023 knowing that he's the only one that seems to of caught on. Of all her options for an intellectual equal it was the ape this causes her to chuckle as general Kane enters the room. She quickly begins to scan over the man taking in as many details of him as she can she also looks into his eyes as he speaks. Her currently blank slate of a face showing no emotion but her eyes deep and thoughtful as if prying into the mind of this man to learn every dirty and horrible thing she can about this man. In the corner can be seen several associates of the general silently praying that she does not do the same to them. After a few minuets of prying into the mans mind with nothing but a look causing a slight unease in the room the corners of her mouth take a slight upturn as she turns to her husband who is currently on his laptop having a secure conversation with their children whose location is unknown to all but them and a few select individuals.

Once everyone was seated Kane set his files down on the table and pointed the remote in his hand to the ceiling and hit a button, causing a projector to come down and project an image of what seemed to be a newspaper from 1947, the headline: "RAAF Captures Flying Saucer on Ranch in Roswell Region".

"On July 7, 1947, an unauthorized aircraft was flying over the skies of Roswell New Mexico and eventually crashed and was recovered by U.S. military personnel. An official statement was made that the object was simply a malfunctioning weather balloon but of course that didn't stop conspiracy theorists to make up their own wild ideas about what was really going on, well I'll tell you right now, they had good reason to be suspicious." He hit another button on his remote and the screen changed to what seemed to be authentic pictures and videos of a flying saucer, and even stranger, five creatures that were a dead ringer for the stereotypical Alien Grey.

"When the ship was recovered, five Extraterrestrial Biological Entities, or EBE, were taken into custody of the U.S. military and were kept at the infamous Area 51. Two of the creatures died in the crash, and the rest suffered chronic health problems for the majority of their captivity, attempts were made to communicate with them with varying levels of success. Now you're probably wondering, what does all this have to do with all of you." He hit another button and the screen now showed what seemed to be security camera footage of a tall, armored creature walking uninhibited by soldier's automatic fire, until it began attacking, effortlessly killing them. Multiple feeds were shown from different parts of the base, the armored creature practically strolling through only stopping to kill its attackers.

"Recently, the base was attacked by a much more… imposing EBE, any and all attempts to destroy or subdue it were met with failure; its only interest, the EBE's from Roswell." The feed now shows the armored EBE breaking into a containment cell and freeing the Greys, whom it continues to protect through its rampage through the facility. "That thing tore the base apart, it was looking for something, and we have no idea what. But that's not the most troubling part, the thing that troubles us the most, the reason that you are all here today, is that just before the attack, the U.S. Military finally got one coherent word out of the EBEs… Colonize." He paused, as if for dramatic effect.
Darik Sharpe (played anonymously)

Will raised a hand, "kill an alien? That's what we are doing??" He had a lot of questions, "has the alien made contact with any major cities? And is there any information about the weapon that the alien invader is using??"
Nevin (played by Exaala)

Though small grey men were not in his field of understanding or interest Nevin found it easy enough to believe in their existence and the story narrated to them, however he too had questions concerning the alien's capabilities but also those of their employer. If something arrived on Earth undetected, could stay unnoticed as it made it's way to a secret facility and then proceed to murder every human being in its way one had to wonder how many more such powerful aliens were out there. Nevin wondered for a moment if they would have some assistance from these hundreds of soldiers who were moving through the building, though it seemed their involvement wouldn't be worth much, or if the five of them would be sent to track a creature that could potentially lead them to an invasion in preparation. While he wasn't a coward who would easily shy away from a confrontation he was cautious and unwilling to rush in unprepared especially when there was a chance this organization asking this of them wasn't as righteous as they presented themselves and perhaps had a second team already planed for when they all turn up dead.

-"If we really are going to be hunting down an alien, why not gather more than just five people? If a superior race really is planing to colonize the Earth I don't think a few social outcasts will be the best defense, even with extraordinary powers."
Violet groaned. "You're seriously sending in a bunch of relatively normal people, a super smart gorilla, and a psycho to deal with a bullet proof, unstoppable alien? What do you expect us to do?! Mildly irritate the damn thing?" Violet questioned.

" so what your saying is that your trying to use metahumans that resemble your average comments on a tumblr post to fight a bullet proof extra terrestrial? Not the most smart move infact it's completely stupid but it's so stupid it just might work-oh my god!" She then turns to the computer that her husband holds and flips it open quickly getting to YouTube.

"Quickly everyone pick one song from the 80's or 90's that you love so we can vote later!" She then looks around the room with a small smile as she twirls her hair at the few questioning looks she gets

" what? I'm preparing for the suiting up montage duh" she says tapping two fingers against her head and making a face like its the most obvious thing in the world.

Subject D-023 would be lying if he said that he wasn't intrigued by Kane's explanation, the fact that the conspiracies surrounding Area 51 were true was shocking enough, but what really caught his attention was the extraterrestrial technology that EBE was packing, his eyes were practically shining as he stared intently at the screen, he certainly wouldn't mind tinkering with the EBE's suit, see what could possibly make it tick. Kane noticed his sudden, albeit silent, enthusiasm and made a note of it for later, for now he cleared his throat to regain control of the conversation.

"*ahem* I understand that given what you've been told thus far it may not seem like a good idea to rely on you lot, but the fact of the matter is the creature's invulnerability to automatic gunfire is about all we know about it, anything else, including its location, is a complete mystery to us." He stated. "However, just because the creature is bulletproof doesn't mean that it's fire proof," he said as he gestured to Catherine. "Or that it couldn't be torn apart by a demon or beast," He gestured to Nevin and Violet. "Or that a punch with the force of a bullet train couldn't at least knock the wind out of it." He gestured to Will. "And even if any of that doesn't work, we have people who may be able to find out what will." He finally gestured to Subject D-023.

"As for why we are only sending the five of you, well that's simple, there are only five of you." He answered. "In fact we had only recently discovered Mr. Foxx's existence, we only intended to bring four of you in, but I've said it before and I'll say it again, we are desperate, and you five are the only thing we can rely on right now."

"If he is attacking people wouldn't you know where he is? Or she is I guess...?" He said raising his hand again, he was rather shocked that the US Government didn't know the aliens location. He had heard that it was the leading in survalence technology and the fact that none of its cameras were picking it up and no one was tweeting about it gave Will two thoughts... First maybe it was peaceful and was forced to defend itself, or two, "is the aliens presence in society messing with tech? Like shutting down your machines??" Will was no alien expert but he was a movie buff and aliens in the movies always messed with human technology.
Nevin (played by Exaala)

Nevin considered the new information, first wondering if there were very few people on this world who were special or if this organization only failed to find them because they were hiding well enough. He glanced at the young male when he spoke and wondered about his question as well. "Having sophisticated machinery fail would be a way to track it down as well though..." He pointed out but was now already hoping to be constructive and provide some help in their joined goal and not only ask questions to insure his own safety.

-"I personally wouldn't be good at tracking down anyone... unless their location was at least narrowed down to one city in which case I would try to spot then from the air... though I'm sure you could, or have already tried to do yourselves with machines..." Nevin admitted with a small shrug and tried to evaluate from what he knew of the others if any of them would be especially skilled at finding the alien. The only ones of them five who seemed as though they'd be useful for the job were the ones who relied on their intellect more than on some ability.
Violet hadn't considered that the creature wasn't outright invulnerable. "While we're on the topic of finding the thing, my beast form can track it down probably, if you got something that's got the alien's scent on it." Violet offered. "But if Gorilla Boys coming along with us, I dunno how good of an idea that might be." Violet added.

" Hmm an angry E.T who needs a good kick in the ***? This should be fun " she mutters stroking her chin. " well then let's have some-" but before she finishes the boy next to her whispers something in her ear making a small pink blush appear on her cheeks as her cloathing suddenly bursts into flame until she's left in nothing but her lacy black underwear. She then proceeds to smack him and grab a bag she brought sitting nearby and starts putting some cloathing back on. As she does this she mutters " if anyone stares at me for more than 5 seconds they'll be a pile of ash in 2" .

"Well that's the thing Mr. Foxx, it isn't attacking people, the attack on Area 51 was the last we had heard of it, it has been so quiet that we can only assume that it is in hiding. And no, there have been no signs of any significant electromagnetic disturbances, so either its technology does not cause such interference, or it is in a remote area where there is nothing electronic to interfere with." Kane began to explain. Meanwhile Subject D-023 was more interested in the files that Kane had brought with him, he didn't seem to pay much mind to them so he took the liberty of looking through them, educating himself on what his handlers already knew of the extraterrestrial. As everyone in the room were giving out suggestions, Subject D-023 kept his own suggestions internal, not out of timidness or the like but rather because he wasn't very used to voicing his thoughts and ideas.

'…EBE spacecraft made from material that is nonexistent on earth… elemental properties not entirely known… hmm, perhaps we can actually use this to our advantage...' As the gears were turning in the ape's head Kane continued addressing the others.

"It's true we've attempted an arial sweep of possible locations based on predetermined criteria, but despite our efforts we remain empty handed, and alas anything the creatures came in contact with at Area 51 went up in flames, more then likely destroying any scent trail you could've used Ms. Wells." Kane admitted regretfully. It was then that Catherine's clothes were incinerated, forcing Kane to awkwardly pause and look away. "Catherine, I understand that you and your handler are… involved, but it would be much appreciated if you would refrain from any inappropriate exchanges during meetings."

Will looked back when he heard the sound of fire behind him only to see a mostly naked girl, he'd never seen one in person but this trick was familiar, "someone say Suicide Squad before the meeting." Turning back he raised his hand, "I haven't had anything to eat in two days, I don't know about these guys but can we get some food??"
Nevin (played by Exaala)

Nevin frowned softly, the expression barely existent but noticeable for whoever would bother to study his face, however despite a brief glance at the woman when she brought attention on to herself his annoyance was not primarily with her but with how little information their employer seemed to have that would be useful in finding the alien.

-"I imagine we have a limited time to capture the creature...?" He asked as his gaze returned to the man they were all bombarding with questions and for the time being he refrained for adding to that and bringing up other issues he was curious about. It seemed they already had close to no idea where the creature had disappeared to and as time went by that situation can only worsen considering how it made it possible for the alien to go farther and find more secure places to hide.

The other man's request for them to be given a break seemed out of place but then Nevin remembered how he'd eaten recently enough and how the same was perhaps untrue for the others. Besides, it was perhaps a good chance for them to search for solutions among themselves or at least think things over and sort out what information they really couldn't gather alone and had to ask for.
Violet heard the sound of fire, and glanced over at the source. Catherine had caught on fire and burned her clothes off. She rolled her eyes and turned her attention back to the current conversation. She didn't add much to the discussion. With what little info they had been given what would there be for her to add? Soon, an idea entered her head. "You said one of the Aliens said something about Colonies right?" Violet asked. "Think they could've gone somewhere to start setting up a colony?" She questioned.

After sending a glare at her husband that made him visably shiver she turns to the group with a calmer much more serious expression and says, " if we can get even the smallest peice of armor off this extra terrestrial I'm sure me and my husband could use the elements found in the component if any of them are on the known periodic table, to engineer a wepon that might be able to penetrate its defenses if our own attacks and abilities do not do the damage required.... We'd just need a lab" she says with conviction you'd never think to hear in a mad woman.

"It wouldn't do much good, from what they've already examined from the technology of the original spacecraft, they seem to make them out unknown materials, elements not yet discovered on the Periodic Table." Subject D-023 finally spoke up, without looking up from the files he was reading. This was the first time the ape had spoke out loud in the time they were all here, so it may or may not seem surprising. "In fact, from what I can see they have yet to even identify the exact atomic make up of the elements used in their technology, but they all seem to be made of the same materials, it may be safe to assume that the armored EBE is made of similar material." One could tell by the way he talked that the wasn't too concerned about adding anything to conversation he seemed to be just wanting to say his thoughts, like a child with an imaginative idea that he just couldn't hold in.

"That is true, so Doctor, do you believe that you can do a better job of examining the materials?" Kane said, though he seemed rather cheeky that he finally got the ape to participate.

"…Perhaps, in fact I have an idea on how we can possibly discover its location, though it will take time and I require a lab." Subject D-023 replied.

"Excellent, well I think this first meeting was rather productive, but as Mr. Foxx suggested I believe we should break for lunch." Kane said as he shut off the projector. "Follow me to the mess hall." He said as he led the group of the room.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Freaks of Nature (Superhero RP Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus