Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Blood of the Immortals

Ignir (played by Ignie)

((I was waiting to post something so here i am :) ))
All this mess with Immortals being murdered, the case bought to medias and the blackout was the perfect mood for Ignir's work. Like the other day, people were just too distracted to notice someone came into their house, and took some money. Stealth and Discretion were Ignir's strenght when it came to robbing. She could walk behind any mortal being (she never risked to pickpocket an Immortal.) And they would never hear her. She could enter into flat and houses just by climbing walls. She was not afraing of deep fall, and that was precious help.
However, what she saw last night still haunted her. Those shiny dots that were looking at her... Even when she tried to forget it, it came back and she could feel a cold feeling crawling on her back. She still was not sure abour what it was. A Immortal? Just optical.illusions ? Or that Immortal murderer? She just hoped it has forgotten her by now, she didn't need that, she thought as she was trying to force the pick the lock of a door. Murderers or not, she still needed to gather money, and this will never stop her.
Laplace's Function (played anonymously)

((Same but the feed for this rp was lost in the new feeds of rp. I'll start posting regularly and not wait for orders....if you want. Still love this rp.))

The last day of the blackout, there was a robbery at a well known bank for the immortals. It was a rather large assault by the anti-supernatural terrorist consisting of two dozen robbers. They came in and out quick as they were. On their way of their escape, a group of special forces somehow got the information that a robbery was about to take place at that specific time and their escape route. The special forces laid in ambush and wipe them out with ease. In the mist of the battle, a small group of mercenary broke through the firefight and took the majority of the money and escaped. The official had no comment on the situation of the small group of mercenary but gave thanks to the military for the participation to stop the robbery.

"We received the money package from the terrorist. We will be transferring the money soon within 72 hourd. We will deduct the cost of this job from the package."

He replied, "That will be fine. Just get the money on its way." He then ended the call. IQ then spoke to him, "Iodine has reported that she wasn't pleased of the small group of mercenaries we hired to take the money, though she had no say in the fact that those money would be used in charity and other uses. Other than that, the mission went as expected. Mademoiselle Sakura have reported that there was a certain someone looking for you. The Drake twins."

He opened his pocket watch and looked at the time, "Tell Iodine I need her for a few moments at the dock. There is a great cafe down at the pier. Invite the Drake twins to it. I would like to hear what they have to say."

IQ replied, "Acknowledged."

A message was sent to both the phones of the Drake twins containing the message: "Let's have a tea time together. I know a great cafe down at a pier. Let's have a little chat. Sincerely, Pierre-Simon Laplace"
(Note: Pierre-Simon Laplace was a French Scholar. It is not his real name but rather some saying of sorts.)
( may I join as Roemello, he is not an immortal but his healing factor puts him up there. If immortality is 12 o'clock, he is 11:55)

(Maybe?)
Ignir (played by Ignie)

((If you were accepted in the RP, then i suppose you can join))
((ok, just let me know when you would like me to come in))
Drake Twins (played by MoonKunoichi) Topic Starter

(@ Roemello: You have been accepted and can join in at anytime. If you need a recap on what has happened so far, please pm me or just read the past post)

It appeared that if one spoke the Laplace name, he would appear before them. Or well, in the Twin's case, they were to appear before him.

Staring at their cell phones in awed unison, the sister's couldn't wrap their heads around this seemingly normal message. A meeting with the Laplace, he whom held meetings with the high class elites and criminals alike, he who was the master of the black market. He wanted to have tea.

"I seriously hate tea," Claudia had commented while they rode in their limousine. Her displeased scowl didn't seem to reflect her sole distaste for her twin's choice of drink. Celene was wise enough to know better.

"Then don't order it. I'm sure the café will have coffee or something else. You do favor more towards caramel lattes," Celene couldn't help but sound hopefully. It was always her job to push her twin into a more positive view of things. Claudia would express their worries, while Celene negated them with simple words until the appeared to be nothing. It was a fairly good strategy.

"You need not to be so picky, it will ruin your taste buds," She added with a smile, hoping to make light out of their situation. Tearing her gaze from the cold window pane, Celene glanced at Claudia, who now seemed occupied with the gun that she had insisted they bring. The metal from the Belgian-made FN semi-automatic pistol glittered dangerously in the low lights of the limo interior. Celene didn't like it, it made her uneasy if anything but Claudia had known that. It was simply a last resort.

Celene hoped it would never come to that.

Soon the limo slowed and their chauffer came eagerly to open their doors. With a warm smile, Celene saw him off and pulled her coat tightly around her as they apporached the pierside café.

The fairly sized café stood beatifully against the washed out afternoon sky. Breifly she wonder how many people had rushed by it before following Claduia inside. The half a dozen customers, humans and supernaturals alike, glanced up as the door swung open, heralded by a blast of cold wind. Unlike the outside, the interior of the café was warm and cheery, with bright lights and colorful walls. The customers returned to their conversations as the door swung closed behind the new entrants and the cold breeze was all too soon forgotten.
@Ignir

Standing behind the ginger headed woman, Roemello leaned against a wall the adjacent wall a single foot cocked picking at his teeth with what appeared to be an ivory dagger. "So what can we hope to find in there?" He questioned purposely breaking her concentration.
Ignir (played by Ignie)

"Shhh!" She answered. "I'm trying to pick up the lo-" she finished and froze. Ignir turned back and looked at the man behind her.
"Wait, since when you're here?" She said, truly confused. "Did i hired a partner?... You're not from the police, aren't you?" She continued her voice trembling, "If this is the case then this was not what you were thinking, officer."

Best, defense, ever, she thought, he will never believe me. If he really was from the police, it was the end.

There was no sight of him in the building in the mist of the people. There was a song playing in the background, a rather classic one. Off into the corner was a female dressed in somewhat of a shady way. She was wearing a beanie and a bandana to cover her face, thick coat and attire that were masculine, though not as suspicious as it was probably to protect from cold. He then appeared behind the twins as he opened his pocket watch, "On time, if not but a little early. Nice cafe isn't it? Let's take a seat."

Closing his pocket watch, he showed them to a table where the female was, "Don't worry about her, she's an acquaintance. I heard from someone that you wish to seek out me? Normally I don't appear to people on such request but you are a special one. The twins especially. Now..." he sat down close to Iodine, sitting across two empty chairs that were for them. He crossed his legs and said with a smile, "What do you want to talk about now that I am here?"

((I wrote short this time to let you reply where you need to. Giving characters more time to react))
Sensing the woman's nervousness, Roemello took a quick whiff while scanning over her clothing. Throwing up a quick eyebrow in suspicion, he soon wrote it off as he had more pressing matters at the moment. "I have seen you work, from you fumble within the crowds to now. I believe I can put your talent to greater use. My people and I had a tough run in tonight and could use some new recruits." Either you can stay here nickel and diming, caught in the middle of this war" he spoke opening the locked down in a single motion as if already unlocked. "Or you can choose a side and make a difference..." The door swinging wide open, Roemello simply stood to the side with a hand of opportunity still extended, "Which will it be?"
Ignir (played by Ignie)

Looking the man unlocking the door like it was nothing made Ignir jealous. She was struggling with it since a lot of time and he unlocked it without any trouble.

"Your people... You mean... the Immortals?" she said still confused by how this man managed to get behind her without being noticed. So that would explain why he unlocked the door without many difficulties. She heard Immortals could have great powers far beyond imagination. And they need help... Mortal's help? That was.... unbelievable for sure. She never heard of Immortal asking help from Mortals.

"Heh," she started, her cheeks red, "You are flaterring me, i'm kind of good at my job. But... i hope i'll be paid for that? I never do something for free, you know? Otherwise, consider me as your ally." she finished and smiled. Maybe she just have made the biggest mistake in her life, choosing to side with Immortals.

But God, that was so exciting.
"I think you misinterpret..." Roemello began. Hearing the cocking on what sounded like rifle chambers. "I will answer all your questions in due time, but now we must move...". Leaping in front of the woman as the main entrance door opened, he put himself between the bullet hail and herself taking a few in the back. Firmly grasping the woman a the wrist he yanked her around the nearest corner providing limited cover. Seeing his exit, a boarded up tattered window. Scooping the woman within arms he darted straight across the firing range, taking another too upper thigh. Blocking out the pain he pushed forward. Leaping into the air with woman in tow, the pair burst through the viewing window 3 stories up. Not flinching a motion Roemello stared the ground anticipating impact.

Landing with a slight bend at the knees a small crater formed in his wake. Shots still raining down, Roemello in quick thinking found an alleyway. Finding the alley to be a dead end Roemello still ran deeper. "Bingo!" Roemello stated hearing his footstep turn metallic. Giving a half asses stomp, the manhole popped off as if the lid on a jack-in-the-box. Cradling the woman in a single arm with his free hand he pointed toward cover. Purplish electrical static crackling around his hand, the same sparks glistened around the cover. Leaping down the manhole, no quicker than he landed did he set the woman down. It already pitch black throughout the city, the manhole cover replacing itself under Roemello's will, did nothing but better conceal their whereabouts. Leaning back against sewer wall, Roeme dropped to a lazy sit, "Just give me a second to...", spitting out a few bullets to be washed away with the waste, "heal....".
Ignir (played by Ignie)

Ignir didn't understand immediatly what was hapenning until the man in front of her grabbed her wrist and she heard the bullet. Mechanically she let go a small scream, she haven't ever been in such a situation before. This was like her heart just stopped beating and closed her eyes. Surely, thoses bullets weren't destined to her, but her newly made «friend». But she was with him, and if a bullet touched her, it wont' be a problem for them, she was just in the wrong place at the wrong moment.
When she felt her heartbeat coming back to a normal rate, she and the man were outside, on the ground. What has happened? Since when were they here? She hasn't time to think, because they both started running again, and she still heard the bullets. When they finally stopped running, Ignir felt no more grasping on her wrist, she finally opened her eyes and saw the man in front of her, bleeding, asking her to wait, just the time for him to heal his wound.
"What the..." she began, then shook her head. "What was that? Were those... the same that... that killed... they were coming for you! I-I could have been killed!" She panicked a bit and finally calmed down when she saw the wound healing. This was so strange but she was with an Immortal after all.
"I-I... Thank you." She stuttered.
"First off all..." Roeme started spitting out the final bullet. "I am not an "Immortal", I am just extremely hard to kill, I am human mutate aka a Mutant." Raising to his feet, Roemello started off in a direction, motioning a hand gesture to follow. "My name is Roemello Alkaid, and up until recently I served the Immortals as the scribe and keeper of secrets, their Sphinx." Turning down another section of the sewer, Roemello moved as if he built the layout himself. "Realizing the part I played in the destruction of humanity, I defected from them as Chaos cannot exist without Order, not even controlled chaos as the Immortals seem to specialize in." "I am giving humanity a chance," Sliding his hand along a brick wall, he stopped. Pressing inward, the brick slid back revealing a scanner of sorts. Pausing in conversation Roeme placed an eye to the scanner. "Access Granted" an automated female spoke. Brick layers peeling back, a stoic entrance revealed itself..."Come in so we can finish our conversation."
Ignir (played by Ignie)

Ignir looked at the entrance and started following Roemello. What choice did she have after all? It was that, or returning in the streets, where armed guys were probably waiting for her, as she may have seen too much. Following that Mutant might be the best solution now.

"Is that possible?" she started as she walked in the dark halls, "I mean, the Mutant thing? I never thought that could exist. Is this a mutation? Oh, and you WERE their scribe. Does that mean you betrayed them? Are you a traitor, then?" She asked.

She knew this was a lot of questions at once, but she was so confused about what has happened. She never dealt with Immortal's business, and now, it looked like she was deep inside it. In less than 10 minutes, a record.

"Oh, you can call me Ignir! That's how i like to call myself." she tried to smile, but it was kind of hard, especially when a bunch of armed people just tried to shot you down. She just wanted to rob some houses, buying some meals and then relaxing.

Looks like her plans were compromised for today.
"When you live as long as I have the word "impossible" slowly begins to eliminate itself from your vocabulary. The blackout tonight, that was my doing." Roeme spoke as the same purple electricity cladded his hand. Pointing it toward a series of computers, he released a low voltage lightning strike giving them enough juice to power on. A few lights flickering on above a deceptive large layout of various furniture, lab equipment and a small wash station. Walking over to a swivel chair. He plopped down turning a 180°, pressing a button a large 72 inch monitor flashed on already dialed in to the local news, and in a corner to the top right, the world news. Turning back to her.

"Ignir, a fine name indeed. Sounds of flame and power, but answer me this. If a traitor's only sin is betraying the deceitful, is he still considered treacherous?" "We all have to make a decision will eventually answer for but until that time comes, I will help those who cannot help themselves."

"As for my mutation, it manifested nearly two centuries ago in my native Egypt. Named, less appealing than now, used to be a numerical. Slave #7 to be exact. Life was bitter work, but what's to be expected with such a title. Quickly coming of maturity in both academics and warrior methods, the militaries chief general took interest in my development. Forcing me to join the ranks once of age, I ascended the latter with few stumbles having led fights against 5 of 9 slave trader raids, fought in two wars against neighboring countries and taken a set of assassins arrows meant for the Queen. Having survived all of this, I had earned admission upon the royal guard. One night still reeling in pain from the poisonous assassin arrows, I indulged in the fine wineries the palace had to offer. The nights events for the most part are a bit blurred but I will forever remember spears and the shouting voice of the Pharaoh as I awoke in the Queen's chambers. Needless to say I was exiled from the kingdom, my valor amongst the other soldiers is the only thing that saved me from certain execution.

I wandered the desert for 6 days and 5 nights. The 6th night nearly clasping from malnourishment, something happened I had never seen. Flaming rocks were falling from sky. I am now the wiser to know it was a meteor shower. Chasing a meteor to it's end like a pot of gold. I found glowing green mass. I didn't know to make of it, but the desert nights were cold as this glowing rock was warm so I slept next to it overnight. Awakened by the sound of circling paw pads and snarls. The shiny rock has drawn me visitors, a collective pack of feral bobcats and coyotes. Almost on instinct I released a battlecry which quickly became a shrill howl. Incisior fangs sculpting in my mouth, three 12 inch bone claws protruded there way through my knuckles, akin to a feline. Duking it out with the packs is also where I found out about my healing factor. Slaughtering the alpha of the pack, I proved dominance became the alpha. Burying the mysterious meteor, I swore to return for it one day.
Spending a few more years in Africa, I eventually found my way to the states wanting to research genetics and what better place than the technologically advanced Americas. It is there where I found I could in my love for science.

It was in America were I got mixed in with the Immortals. Trading in my servitude for access to simply to boundless library, I found the knowledge I needed to enhance my own abilities to have complete control over my skeletal system. Mastering this ability I found I was able to make the density of my bones harder than diamonds and
generate small currents of electricity. But even this would not be enough for me to feel I could make a difference in favor of humanity let alone defend myself. So I searched for more power... through countless nigh trivial hellishly painful trail and error, I attainted my single goal of attracting/absorbing the ferreous power of a lightning storm. Barely survived to tell the truth and now I am basically a living lightning bolt, my blood cells are oversaturated with electrolytes and I generate my own electricity as passively as breathing. I also coated my 6 bone claws in nigh indestructible N-th metal. Other than their immense durability and cutting power, the metals only attributes is it dampens magic bonds and it's hyperconductivity. That brings us too you...is that a 6 shooter at your waist?"
Ignir (played by Ignie)

"It was you? Wow, and you did that all alone?" She asked, truly amazed. "You managed to panick EVERYONE, Mortals and Immortals. That's an exploit! Everyone is talking about you on TV, even the world's news" she said while pointing the screens.

She looked a Roemello when he asked his question, and gave him her answer after remaining silent for a while:
"If the... people you "betray" did bad things, and all you want to is to prevent them to do these... you 're still a traitor, but with good intentions." She answered, "That's a good thing."

When the man told her his story, how he became a Mutant, how did he become one. What he was before becoming one, his bonds with the immortal, she remained silent, listening to him as she tried to picture how his life must have been. Being an Immortal (or a Mutant) wasn't as «cool» as it sounded now. It came with consequences that Ignir would never have wanted to deal with.

"Is that a 6 shooter at you waist?" she heard the man suddently asking her a question. She blinked a few times, as she just woke up from a dream and looked at him, a bit confused. When she finally understood what he wanted, she quickly nodded:
"Y-Yes, Sir!" She aswered, "He looks rusty, but always works! That was my father's. He always told me we weren't too prudent, and... he doesn't need it now and as my... hobbies are kind of risky as i witnessed today, i always carry it, now."
"May I?" Roemello asked sheathing his claws, while still extending the same hand.
Ignir (played by Ignie)

Ignir opened and closed her mouth, her hand tightened on her gun. She doesn't wanted to give the man her gun, it was her father's, and what if he used it against her?

However, if she decided not to give it, what would happen to her? She was only a human after all. And as one, did she really had a choice, in front of someone that was almost an Immortal?

"I... I suppose i don't really have a choice." he sighed as she put the gun between Roemello's hand, "What will you do with it?" she carefully asked.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Blood of the Immortals

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus