Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » I'm drowning in unrelated RP notifications. :(

Sanne Moderator

The more people I befriend and characters that I watch, the more my notification page gets cluttered.

At this point, my entire front page of notifications (sometimes the first two pages!) are only roleplays from my friends' characters I have nothing to do with. This is, by itself, amazing, but also bothersome to me. I have the option to remove ALL forum post notifications as well as unwatch a character, but neither option allows me to do what I'd like.

I just want to be able to stop forum post notifications from my friend's characters, while still getting art, journal and other updates on these characters.

Is there a way to do this? Preferably soon? For the time being I can unwatch certain people's characters, but this makes me a very sad Sanne. :firefly-is-over:
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Tip: After unwatching a player's characters, clear your notification cache.

Go to HOME, then look to the right sidebar. At the bottom of it, there's a link that you can click. Otherwise you'll continue seeing these forum posts!
Kim Site Admin

That's an interesting request. No, there is currently no way to do this. I can see the benefit. I will ponder deeply how to go about this -- adding features to notifications is great for users, but frequently hell on the server, and it's a constant balancing act.
Kim Site Admin

Would an option like turning off forum posts from characters for threads you aren't subscribed to help?

Kim wrote:
Would an option like turning off forum posts from characters for threads you aren't subscribed to help?

That would actually be perfect! Means I'll still get notifications from characters I'm RPing with! :)
Sanne wrote:
Kim wrote:

That would actually be perfect! Means I'll still get notifications from characters I'm RPing with! :)

I would love that toooo. I've just noticed lately how flooded my notifications have become due to some very frequent RPers.
Kim Site Admin

Made some progress on this tonight.
Yay! I really like this idea because I too get notifications from sooo many RPs that I'm not involved with!
sounds like a great idea, I too suffer from this problem
Kim Site Admin

This patch was proving rough to begin with, but after some optimization it looks like turning off unrelated RP notifications has the potential to vastly reduce processing times for people with a lot of active friends. I'm looking forward to releasing this!

Yaay! I'm glad this'll serve a dual purpose!!

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » I'm drowning in unrelated RP notifications. :(

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus