Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » SuperWar rp

Seychelle Jenner (played anonymously)

Kat could only watch and listen as Roeme was given the once over by the Captain. It was as it always happened, power was exerted and the Captain was once again, the more powerful. For now... She thought to herself. For now. When the "Games" were spoken of she winced inwardly. It was a thing set up by the Captain himself, to give his officers entertainment during lull's in their infernal war efforts.

Slight curiosity was piqued as the scribe made mention of Roeme's tattoo, but no further knowledge was offered, and she had no time to dwell on the curiosities this man provided. As she was hauled to her feet by the Captain, she watched helplessly as they began to drag Roeme away. Her she could not help him. But maybe, just maybe, she could find him later. And do.. what exactly? She thought to herself with chagrin. It didn't seem as if he wanted help just yet. He had, after all, come along despite her efforts. She would do well to protect herself, for now.

Kat was jerked to face the Captain once more as he spoke, their faces mere inches apart now. "I think I'll enjoy seeing you watch him play in the games. It'll be a good lesson to you. Don't interfere and maybe you won't make things worse..." He chuckled gleefully, then spoke again, suddenly brusque. "But for now, I have a job for you. Things on the war front need your efforts. You know I save you for emergencies, little doll, but I have grown impatient with my soldiers best efforts. Our side needs a little.. boost. Behave for my officers, and do just as they tell you. If I hear of you speaking anything other than what they tell you too, well, I'll leave that to your imagination." With that he flicked his hand, signaling the end of his need for their audience and she was hauled out of the crimson tent without further ado.

During that last encounter with the Captain and subsequent transportation, she lost site of Roeme, though twist her neck she did to look for him as they walked across the compound. As soon as they had exited the tent, she had felt the oppressive and unnatural fear drop away, and she felt her simmering anger and frustration all the more pronounced. She had once again failed to overcome his power.

Taken to another large tent, this one cream colored and much less fancy inside, she was pushed to a table strewn with maps. Icons on each map represented their army, as well as the enemy's army. Enemy was their term. Katlina knew next to nothing of those people, nor did she have reason to dislike them. From the placement of these icons, Katlina ascertained that the bulk of the army was amassed near a river, with the river separating the two sides.
She was not given time to peruse more of the map, nor to read any of the other strategic jargon that was strewn over the table. The officer still holding her arm, his hand closing just over the band that was around her upper right arm, he pointed to the river. "Flood their army. And make sure their provisions are destroyed." He made it sound so simple. And maybe it was. She had but to speak and it would be done. But, lives would most certainly be lost. And that was the most wretched of her lot. Forced to take lives who had done nothing to wrong her.

But, as always, she did what she was told. This time, as usual, she added her own twist - hoping save lives. Steeling herself for the pain she knew would come, she lifted her chin, eyes glinting with anger.
"River water, rise up and flood my captors enemies. Destroy their supplies.." As she felt the pain begin to take her she added in a soft voice "And kill no one." Power laced her voice, creating an eerie echo of sorts. Then, she knew nothing more - pain caused her to double over, falling to the ground, no one bothering to catch her. Sound faded as blackness descended, narrowing till all she knew was the gut wrenching pain. Her throat was closed completely now, voice used up with her power. So, thankfully, the whimpers that would have come with the pain went unheard. Finally, gratefully, she knew not even blackness as she succumbed to unconsciousness.
Spending the next half day in the medical bay, even with the collar heavily dampening his powers, his tenacious healing factor still reared it's head. Sitting up on his bed, Roeme did a quick mental self check, a few lacerations still etched in his face the rest of him seem relatively okay, he still felt the pain of a few hyper extended muscles and tendons. Ignoring all monitors Roeme got up yanking all the pulse tracking wiring from his person. Struggling with the IV a bit, he too eventually removed this as well. Walking down what seemed as if an endless corridor of patients, Roeme exited the extended tent. Finding himself in newer but still tattered do drapings, he found his outfit more than not matched the privy of the surrounding campers. Trying not to draw too much attention, Roeme untucked his dreads from his shirt, allowing them to cascade across his back. Freely walking the camp grounds, Roeme meant to take in the sites while also distancing himself from the medical bay. But one constant thought bombarded his mind.... why was he, one of the only few wearing a collar??

Katlina woke up, laying upon her small pallet within a light blue tent. The tent was hers, small though it was and she felt herself relax. must've brought me back here once I fell unconscious she thought as she sat up. Ohhh. That wasn't a good idea, her head spun from the after effects of the pain. Her body was still in rejection of what it had been put through. After a few moments the spinning stopped amd she sat up again, sliding her still booted feet to the dirt floor.

Emerging at the tent's door, her stormy grey eyes scanned her immediate surroundings. They had erected her tent in the near vacinity of the mess hall and she could now see various people heading that way, mostly from the large barracks where the bulk of the soldiers here slept. Others were most likely out on patrol and other duties and would skip this meal, eating instead rations that were dolled out for the purpose.

The girl wasn't sure if her stomach was ready yet for food, but, like the rest of the soldiers, this was her only chance to eat noon meal, the kitchen's didn't offer food to latecomers. Slowly moving in that direction l, she idly searched the people around her for signs of the man she recently come across. She hoped he was alright. Ah well, she couldn't do anything more right now anyway.

Reaching the mess tent she slipped inside and went through the food line, wbere some kind of slop or other was put on her plate along with a piece of bread. She moved towards the back of the tent to find a seat on at a nearly unoccupied table. Those that were nearby eyed her uncomfortably.

So it usuallt went. The armband that was sealed around her upper arm, etched with its intricate markings, signaled her as one of the Captains 'favorites'. She knew this was for her power. He usually forgot all about her when he didn't need her to help him get iut of a tight spot in this infernal war of his.. but sometimes, he made her follow him around to his functions, parading her on his arm like a prize.

He hadn't touched her in any way that was not an angry strike, and for that she was grateful. But the soldiers around her stayed well enough away. They didn't want to accidentally anger the Captain by interfering with her. She frowned down at her plate. Just one more thing he has taken from me, she thought morosely, friends.
The collar actually loose fitting Roeme surmised this collar was less for looks and more for functionality. Clenching his fists a few times to check his power. (Hmm, about 1/10 my regular output, these collars work quiet well ..I bet they have tampering measures as well). Sniffing at the air Roeme still was able to catch the scent he wanted. Following it like a hound he unapologetically brushed through the crowded.

Finding the source of the emanation, Roeme was surprised when he found a light blue tent perfectly set up semi isolated. A unique choice of color, it was not his first choice of color as it drew attention but it was his favorite color otherwise and the strongest point of the scent his body had instinctively memorised upon meeting the woman....but from the looks of it she was nowhere to be found....

Katlina stared down at the slop on her plate, her stomach recoiling at the sight and smell of it. Maybe she couldn't eat after all. Standing up, a scratchy sigh escaped. She glanced at the plate, then decided she'd take it back to her tent, if she could get it out withought anyone noticing. It was against the rules to take the plateware and food out of the mess hall.

She nonchalantly moved towards the entrance, and no one seemed to notice as she slipped out. Her body still ached from the pain, though it had all but gone now. Softly she tred back towards her tent, stormy grey eyes glancing up at the sky. Clouds were rolling in.. seemed there would rain soon, maybe more.

Reaching her tent she moved around to the front - and almost dropped her plate of food. Roeme. Eyes wide she glanced around, unsure where he'd come from. She gave him a bit of a smile, then bit her bottom lip... how had he found her tent?
Taking a single sniff, Roeme nodded in satisfaction. "The nose knows..." he calmly responded. "Are you alright, you seem a little pale." he stated looking her over. "At least you are eating..." "I just wanted to pay my respects for your courtesy the other day...your power is indeed strange but I felt it's weight regardless..." "I have a friend that I believe dwells among your people. You seem to be respected if not feared at times around these parts. I wish to find my friend and then liberate these people...but first I need to find my friend and remove this damn collar!!"

Katlina found her somewhat flabbergasted. She glanced at the plate in her hands at Roeme's words, then at the man before her. He'd sniffed her out? That was an odd power, but who was she to think he was odd? Her own power was odd as well. She offered the plate of food to Roeme, her hands holding it out to him.

Her throat was still closed from her last use of power and she didn't expect to be able to speak for several more hours, such was her experience. How had this always happened just when selhe had the opportunity to speak with him.

He, on the other hand looked much better. Surprisingly so. Healing powers as well.. she thought. Then, realizing she was staring she moved past the man into her tent, setting the plate upon a single small table there to take up a small pad of paper and a quill.

"Can't eat just yet. You take it, please.." she wrote in common, hoping he could read it. "I will help you find your friend if I can." Then she looked up at him, offering a smile. She may already be in trouble, once the Captain found out she'd added words to what she'd be told to say earlier, saving the 'enemy ' lives, but she wasn't afraid.. not really. she wanted to stop this accursed enslaving of people with power. Heck, maybe even stop the war.
Roeme greatly taking the rations, he was not a picky eater and needed sustenance even though his healing factor heavily retarded these needs. Understanding Kat's vocal delinma Roeme opted to keep conversation short. "According to my sources my friend hasn't been here long but with as often as people get send to the battle front, who ever does. We will talk more when you voice returns. How long have you been here?"

Katlina watched Roeme eat the plate of 'food' as they called it, a soft smile in her eyes. Hearing Roeme's question she bent her head over her pad of paper and wrote, "Forever it seems.. But by my count, maybe close to six months, ever since the start of the war. I was one of the first enslaved." She gave him the paper to read her response, then gathered the empty plate and hid it in her tent for now. She didn't want anyone barging in and finding it to add her to list of transgressions.

Taking the paper back after Roeme had read it, she wrote, "Do you have a plan? The captain is... very powerful."
Leaning in close as to be able to quiet his voice he spoke, "The kinks are not fully worked out as I have not been in this campus only a few days at most. But we need to quietly amass dedicated troops to even stand a chance, which means I'll need to hit the battlefield myself to scout talent and gauge moral compatibility. Your power seems impressive, is it at all related to the Captain's? If so we could use that."

The girl thought for a long moment, then shook her head slowly, opening her mouth to try and speak, her voice was very scratchy yet but she found she could speak. "No, I don't think my power has anything to do with his, but I admit, I don't fully have control over it yet as I am still figuring out how it works... the Captain's power.. he uses fear. Its his gift. The weapin of fear.." she fell silent for a long moment, then, "I have beem trying to think of a way to beat him for months now.."
Isaac (played by SnowBlitz)

Isaac was scared.

He had heard of the war, of the people with special powers who were fighting. He hadn't really thought about it one way or another, except for those moments when the military made sweeps of the school to make sure none of the students or faculty was 'special'. If he had skipped school like he was going to that day, he wouldn't be locked up in a box with a collar around his neck. How important was a stupid math class in high school, anyways?

Isaac raised a hand to wipe the sweat from his brow, and push the rapidly graying hair from his eyes. That stupid jock football player was special. Nobody had known it, until he tried to fight his way out of the school, and started setting off the fire alarms. seeing someone catch on fire had been something Isaac always imagined would be an entirely different emergency, and yet when the guy came near him, the flames simply vanished, and he was normal again. A tear formed at the corner of his eye, and Isaac let it fall. The officers had grabbed him to, then. Told him they were going to make sure he wasn't special, and then let him go, like they did with other kids sometimes.

The test weren't what he had expected. Burn something with his mind? Bend a spoon? Turn invisible, or fly? It wasn't any of that. He was made to stand, and other special people were brought near him, until they couldn't feel their power. He was special, alright. about two feet around him was a 'antimatter field'. At least, thats what they had called it.

Isaac could nullify powers. "I didn't WANT this, though!" Anger and sadness had already run their course through him, and desperation remained, giving the fourteen year old the drive to kick his box on occasion, and slowly watch the color fade from his hair and-he hadn't realized until he glanced in a mirror on his way to the test-his eyes. "I don't want to fight a war." He whimpered, listening to the loud chatter and the heavy stomp of boot-clad footfalls around him. "I'm just a kid."

(Hello Isaac and welcome)
"The Captain's powers are a two way street. He is gains power from the fear of others, should this fear revert to it's more natural form of hope, if we can spark life into the already given up faces of your people, Cap will lose his iron grip over this camp. Your numbers are your greatest strength and your greatest weakness. Might you already have a small regime under your command?"

"I don't know if I'd call it a regime.. " She muttered in reply, "People fear me, less than the Captain of course, but.. well they don't want to mess with me. I'm... somewhat of a favorite in his eyes for some reason. If anyone speaks, or so much as looks at me in a way he doesn't like.. they usually end up dead. Hence, the games he spoke of putting you in. He will kill you, because I took an interest. Drat him." She said all this frankly, but with some misery in her stormy eyes. Her lot was to hate the Captain, and be associated with him at the same time. "I have no friends here. But.. there are those that I know of who might not fear the man as much as some. They could be of help to us."

Sleep wasn't easy to find. Isaac found, however, that curling up in a corner of his box gave some small measure of comfort. Enough for him to close his eyes, and fall into an uneasy sleep.

He woke to the screeching of nails against wood, Harsh light against the darkness he had become accustomed to within his box-and a voice that made his skin crawl.

"This kid can negate powers?" With the box opening, All the noise, words were hard to make out. An affirmative was there, though, and a disgusting chuckle sounded forth. "We need to make sure he learns his place. Doesn't try to run." The lid was off now, and Isaac knew there was nowhere to run. Something that was made even more obvious as two pairs of hands reached in and picked him up, lifting him out of the box and holding him still.

As still as they could, at least. Isaac squirmed and fought his best, until a fist was planted squarely in his stomach, and he doubled over, stomach heaving. "What do you-" There was a gasp. "What do you want with me? I can't fight, why keep me here?" The man was obviously military, bright blue eyes not belying in the slightest how dangerous he was. Fear pierced through Isaac, and it-paired with the new pain blooming in his gut-rendered him silent.

"We're going to bring in someone to test you, first." He muttered, grinning. "She'll be able to tell me how useful you are."
"If you'd have me I would like to meet your small troupe...but first tonight.... while traversing the campgrounds after your scent, I overheard some overzealous "recruits" conjuring up what I believe can be a great start for our coup..but they lack the mental fortitude and the conviction to pull the job. There is supposed to be a last minute shipment tonight of raid victim recruits coming in over the newly built Kannabi Bridge. This bridge signifies a truce between the Captain and neighboring lands also opening many trade routes. To show good favor the Captain has paid for the bridge himself and used his own "resources" to have it built. If we can take out the bridge before the transport truck passes we might have a chance of freeing the raid victims, exposing his back stabbing ways and hit his pockets! It is a long shot of a plan with many fallacies but if we are to rally the souls within these confines we are going to shine a light where they have seen only darkness for so long. So I will going myself to assure it's success..." Clenching his fist Roeme checked agsin, (Still only 1/10 full strength). "But even with my prowess in my current state, I will need some assistance."

Katlina gave a firm nod, thinking the plan as good a one as could be, for now. "I will lend my aid where I can, and accompany you on this venture." She considered the colllared man as he stood nearby, and added, "but how will you avoid being put in the games? They are tomorrow.." she voice shrank to a whisper, thinking of the meaningless deaths that awaited the unfortunate losers of the games.

"The captain will be seeking you if you hide.. and I as well.. it wouldn't give us much time to put plans into action."

An ordered chant had started in Isaac's mind as he was lead to a stately tent near the center of the camp. It was heavier than the rest, and smelled cleaner-free of the smoke and filth that seemed to litter the area's other inhabitants. Being the quiet kid in school, Isaac expected to be jeered at by the men and women they passed. Poked fun at, or called names.

He was followed by a silence, rather than the noise he expected. As they walked, the 'Big Guy' as Isaac had dubbed him mentally- spoke to him, that slick voice making him wish he could cause himself to go deaf. "We'll get my favorite, Katlina."
To be honest, it didn't sound like much of a threat. A girl? What was she going to do, really?

"Her voice can cause people to do whatever she orders, should she wish it." Something crunched under his boot, and Isaac shuddered. "I'm going to make her order you to kill yourself. If you do it, I'll know that all the rumors about you were lies. And if not?" There was a silence there that make his stomach knot, and the big man laughing made it worse.
"Honestly, I don't know what I'll do with you. Might kill you myself."
"If everything goes well tonight, the "games" might be postponed tomorrow but it will take alot of wheeling and dealing to be successful and make it back in time for none to be the wiser." Looking over his"new" attire. They were of a solid dark brown hue with no silver markings indicating rank like Katrina's garb but they would work for tonight. Taking his glance away from his clothing and placing it to the setting sun he spoke, "It is almost time for me to depart. Gather yourself enough for the nights voyage, I will step outside to give you privacy if you need to change..."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » SuperWar rp

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus