Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » SuperWar rp

Seychelle Jenner (played anonymously)

Katlina nodded to Roeme, "yes, I think that will be necessary, thank you." Once the man turned and stepped out of her tent she quickly switched out the clothing she wore for the black uniform of the camp, with no silver trim to distinguish her. It was actually the attire she preferred. A soft leather material over her chest and torso, and thick black pants tucked into her boots. She slipped a knife into the top of a boot. She was allowed to carry the weapon, the Captain knowing she could not use it against him, his power of fear crippled all who who tried to harm him. He feared nothing. She quickly shook out her dark red brown hair, re-braiding it tightly and pulling her sheer blaxk scarf over her head. She could pull it up to help with her anonymity, though, it was hard to hide her identity. An earring, now prominant in her upper right ear could be seen, silver, as her stray hair no longer covered it.

As soon as she finished she stepped out of the tent, oblivious to the fact, so far, that there were men dispatched to collect her at the Captain's behest. It was rare for him to require her services twice in one day. As she exited the light blue tent she glanced to where Roeme waited. "Perhaps before tonight, I should payba visit to those who might join us, and slip them the hint, see if they might be willing. You can see who you may find that is willing as well..?" She murmered phrasing it somewhat as a question.
Isaac (played by SnowBlitz)

Even as scared as he was, Isaac couldn't help but look around the room he was in. It was comfortable, almost. A large table towards one end, with a few chairs at it- A few shelves sitting low on the ground, and a footlocker sitting close to the opening. He had tuned out the big guy and his cronies, not wishing to hear what they were planning for him if Katlina couldn't make him-
The thought was cut off by a sick twist in his stomach, and the sudden need to vomit, though he had nothing to purge from his stomach if he had. Either way-by the sounds of it- Isaac was going to die.
"I have not been here long so have no immediate followings at the moment. But if my intuition is correct , it would seems my brethren is not in this place as of yet but there is a strong possibility he might be mixed in with tonight's exchange....I must find out. Speak with your comrades, if they decide to join our cause follow the moon north to the darkest side if the campus. It is pitch black here and the only light sources are a couple of flood lights sweeping the area. Evade those, stick to the darkness and I will surely meet you at the gate." Turning his gaze a quick 180 Roeme casually vanished from sight into the darkness for last minute mental preparations.

Katlina had watched the man disappear, unsure if she should allow herself to hope this plan of his might work... The captain was just so.. evil. And power hungry.. and well, powerful. It seemed impossible to imagine how they might succeed. But she would give all the help she could to the effort. They could but try. It would be worth any cost, to break free.

Once she could no longer see the dark-skinned man she turned and would have headed east through the camp, toward the farrier to begin speaking with those she thought might help. But, as turned to go she nearly ran into the officers, dressed in the same black uniform but with gold trim on their cuffs and lapels. She blinked in surprise, backpedaling slightly. What were they doing here?

"The captain requires your presence." One of them spoke, his eyes full of mirth. She had seen him in the captains tent before, and the officer knew how much she hated being brought before the captain. He seemed to derive pleasure from the task of collecting her. "Again?" She asked, frowning. "I've already helped him. He doesn't usually - " Here she was cut off.

"It isn't for you to question the captains plans. Come." Nodding to his partner, the second one stepped forward and gripped her arm, just below the armband that was ever sealed round her arm. She sighed, her head drooping. Guess the coup will have to wait..
((Scratch post))

(OOC Im a tad confused, I was rping character into Isaacs posts, but it wasn't night yet, so I'm hoping to still get Katlina over there to join Roemello since their plan wouldn't happen until dark. :)

"I wish one day to close my eyes
and wake again in morning light.
While darkness closes on the world
I face the threat with arms unfurled."

Isaac smiled sadly, and shook his head. Even whispering poems to himself wouldn't help right now. The men speaking with each-other over the table were much larger than him, and he knew there was no way he could keep them from hurting him. No way to defend himself. It was a moment or two before he had realized the chatter was quiet, and all three men were gazing at him.

"What was that you were whispering to yourself, boy?" The voice rolled over him, smooth and slick-and sickening. He heard the screech of a chair, and heavy footfalls before feeling a hard fist against the side of his head. Isaac cried out involuntarily, cursing himself a little through the pain for showing weakness. The pain wasn't fading as it had in his stomach- instead it was settling into a dull throb, and he knew there would be evidence of that strike for days to come. "Don't speak unless you're spoken to, do you understand? I can do much worse than what I just did, and to tell you the truth?" His breath washed across Isaac's face, and he resisted the urge to grimace at the smell. "I enjoy doing it."

(I apologize if I specified night! We can tweak that, if I did. ^.^
(Scratch last post)

About an hour remaining until sundown, Roemello survey their would be escape route on the Northern wall. Seeing nothing had changed, Roeme was satisfied. He would patiently wait here in the darkness.
Lacie Albus (played by Avatar_Rash)

(OOC: I've joined in blindly to make it a little more realistic. I'm only going off of what the last person posted.)

Lacie flew down onto the Northern Wall and folded her wings. What's going on here? She thought. Maybe I wandered a little too far from school again. The sun is setting soon. She spread her wings again and swooped down past the wall, looking to see what she could discover.

(OOC did you read the prompt at the beginning?)

Katlina and the officers made quick progress toward the central tent, the Captains quarters. A sick feeling already growing in her gut she nevertheless stiffened her posture and lifted her chin. Stormy grey eyes sparked a silent anger as they entered, the tent flap falling shut behind them.

"C..Captain, she is here, just as you requested." The first officer stuttered, the fear washing over him just as it did Katlina. She was ready for it, however, and it did not make her stutter. "Why did you send for me again." She demanded, "I have only just recovered from helping you the last time." She didn't care if her attitude got her in trouble. She was tired of these games.. As she waited a reply, she suddenly noticed that the Captain sat before a boy.. a boy who seemed to be in some sort of pain and internal discomfort. NOt surprising. She slid her gaze to the floor, habitually, as the captain rose and moved fluidly her way. He was dressed as usual - in perfectly groomed fasion, as he was as vain as he was evil.

"About that, my pet..." He said, putting his face close to hers and tilting her chin up to look at him. "You did not do as I asked. You disappoint me. Again. I shall have to think up a suitable punishment, of course... but for now, my mind is on other things." Turning, then, he gestured at Isaac. "This boy. Order him to kill himself." Then he jerked her closer, "and this time, my dear, say nothing else."

Katlina blanched immediately as the Captain gave his order. Nooo.. she couldn't.. she didn't want any part of this. Her stormy grey eyes looked at the poor kid, anger washing over her. When would this end? She resolved that, no matter how she had to do it, she would be there tonight with Roeme, to do what she could to stop all this. But.. she didn't see any way out of this. The unnatural fear that was the captains power caused her to shake slightly, though she fought against it.

Unwillingly her feet carried her over to stand before the boy. She knew the captain wouldn't kill her, no matter what she said. But he could make life very painful for her. Then.. she became aware of an odd sensation. The captain, when using his own powers, could make fear too great for anyone to use their own powers against him. But the sensation she felt now, was as if her powers were being sucked away and into a void.. funneled out of her. What was happening? Somehow.. she felt that if she spoke the words the captain wanted to hear, nothing would happen.

"Kill yourself." she snapped, angry at herself for giving in, and hoping beyond hope that she had been right. No power moved out of her. Pain did not come. What was going on?
(Please don't jump in reckless, we have a good thing going here.)

The silence was much more terrifying than listening to the voice of the big guy. It was stifling, and the man behind him made it worse. Isaac could tell he had power, but not what it was. The fear of being hit again was enough to keep him quiet, his gray eyes scanning the room over and over, trying to memorize it. His face fell a few minutes into his endeavor, and he let a feeling of hopelessness take him.

"C-Captain, she is here, just as you requested." The shaky voice made Isaac want to smile, but as he lifted his gray eyes and noticed the darker gray of Katlina's, another fear settled itself in his gut. All he could do was gaze at her, fear nearly paralyzing him. The big guy was behind him, and he made sure to listen to the conversation the two of them had. She sounded reluctant to tell him. The words didn't come easy to her, which meant she wasn't evil. The fought with it, then gazed at him and spat the words.

"Kill yourself."

She gazed at him then, and he felt all the eyes in the room on him, watching him as he did nothing. His voice came as a whisper, but it was there, steadier than it had been since they had taken him from school.

"No."

Katlina couldn't help the relief that washed over her face, at not being the cause of another death. Despite the fear still coursing through her, she could let out a soft sigh, subtly offering the barest hint of a smile toward Isaac.

Then she cooly turned her gaze to the captian. "Anything else you want to force out of me before I go?" She paused then, looking back at Isaac. "I can take the kid to the barraks -"

"No." The word was sharp, cutting her off. "This boy will not be mingling among the others." The oily gaze moved to Katlina. Then he moved to Isaac, crouched and struck the boy hard across the face. "That's for disobeying an order from my pet, Katlina." He said, voice low and dangerous. "You may have immunity from power, but what is that when you are surrounded by those so much bigger and stronger than you. No.. that will not he your saving grace here."

The captain seemed to be deciding on what to do with the kid. Finally he seemed to smile. Standing up he turned to the officer who'd fetched Katlina. "Set up a tent for him, put it near Katlina's." He looked at her. "I'm sure she could use a friend."

The words caused a chill to go up her spine. What was his plan? "Whenever I need Katlina, bring the boy too. Maybe she will be more obedient with her words if she knows someone will die regardless of what she says."

Katlina let her breath out, her stomach sinking. Her eyes slid to Isaac. His fate now tied to her compliance. Her eyes glinted in anger and aguish alike. Every time she was called to the captian's side, freedom seemed farther away.

After that the captain allowed her to leave, shoving the boy out after her. She didn't look at the kid, didn't want to see the mark on his face where the captain had struck him for disobeyed her order to kill himself. Didn't want to know him, in case she one day got him killed.

The short back and forth between the big guy and Katlina told Isaac that she wasn't as bad as anyone else here. this knowledge also gave him the courage to look up at her, and give a small smile. Maybe he could have a friend here. Maybe she would make sure he wasn't beaten or killed. Maybe-

Pain exploded in his face as the captain's hand connected with the same spot he had struck earlier, only harder. Isaac bit his lip to keep from yelling, and he could taste blood as soon as he unclenched his jaw. There was blood running down his cheek too, he could feel- but only a bit. He would keep his pride here, if he could. The first few words the Big Guy spoke were lost in the ringing within his ears, but he caught the last.

"You may have immunity from power, but what is that when you are surrounded by those so much bigger and stronger than you. No.. that will not he your saving grace here."

The words shut down any semblance of the smile he was going to give Katlina earlier. He was going to get his own tent, he understood that much. Next to hers, even. But as they shoved him out of the tent after the woman who had just reluctantly ordered him to do something awful, it began to dawn on him what had happened. Slowly, he followed behind her, careful to keep close enough that others knew who he was traveling with.

"Uhh.. hey." He muttered, embarrassed. "I'm sorry you had to do that. And I'm sorry you're stuck with me now." That chant started up in his head again- Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. - and he bit his lip again, wincing as he sank his teeth into the spot he had bitten earlier and quickly removed them. "I'll help you however I can, I promise."

Katlina soon realized that the kid had followed her, a heavy weight decending upon her. Still.. she glanced iver her shoulder, her stormy eyes scanning Isaac briefly, taking in his bruised face. She stopped abruptly, turned, and touched the top of his head momentarily, "heal." Speaking the single word she pictured the boy's pain and injury leaving him. But, once again, she found her power would not touch him.

Frowning, she considered Isaac. "I'm sorry that you have ended up here." She finally said. "Just mind your own business, don't look at people funny, don't talk, don't smile... and you might be okay."

By the gods she was in a dour mood. Sighing she turned to continue walking toward the northern wall, the hour growing late. Darkness was already beginning to decend and she was worried she'd not make it to the specified meeting location in time. If Isaac were to follow, he'd find she was a mostly silent companion, her thoughts her own for a long while.
Sniffing at the air, Katlina's scent growing closer another scent caught his nose but this odor was new too him, new to this campus. Smelling no sweat glands pulsating from her, Roeme assumed she was in safe company.

Thinking he'd be preemptive, Roeme from the blindspot at the base of the guard tower, knelt down picking up a fairly large stone. Giving it a heavy Chuck in a distractionary direction, he ducked down as both flood lights reacted to the sound. Quickly making his way up the tower, Roeme easily made it inside as there were no doors on the behemoth of a wooden structure. Subduing the single guard manning the flood light, Roeme made sure to be quick and silent. Laying the man down in a corner, he would now use this vantage point to keep a look out for the second half of his team...

It was almost a caring gesture, though Isaac couldn't help but close his eyes when Katlina touched his head, a muttered the word 'Heal'. It was another part of her power, or so he assumed. With a sigh, he thought back to the pain that had momentarily dulled to a pulse beneath his right eye, and now flared back up as if taunting the attempt to quell it.

Katlina was pretty. Scary, and dangerous, Isaac knew that much- but also pretty. He followed her willingly, making sure to keep his eyes on the ground before him when they were around others, and on her back when they weren't.

"Hey, Kat? Can I call you that?" Curiosity had gotten the better of the boy, and he couldn't help himself. "How do you have gray eyes too? Why isn't your hair gray? Why do you have that bracelet on your arm? Can I get one? I think it looks cool."

Katlina didn't bother answering the barrage of questions Isaac sent her way. Instead, she stopped and flicked her gaze to him, stormy eyes a barrage of fierce concentration. "Listen," she muttered. "If you stay with me. Be quiet, and do as I do. I do not wish to be seen or heard." Shr gave him another peircing look, hoping he'd understand.

Though he was just a kid, obviously he would know the seriousness of his situation. She figured he'd learn sooner or later what she amd Roeme had planned, but didn't see the need to spill the beans right away. But maybe Isaac could he of help to them, a power-void as he was.

Nearing the northern part of camp, Katlina soon became even more focused, almost as if she forgot Isaac trailed behind her. She slunk from shadow to shadow, the deepenimg gloom and her black uniform making this easier. Her soft soled boots made no noise upon the dirt of the earth. Soon, she began searching her surroundings for Roeme, hoping to find him before she ran into trouble. Only a few times, did she glance back to see if Isaac still followed, this being the only clue she was aware of his presence.

Suddenly she noticed the nearby floodlights of the guard tower swerve away from its original path. She slowed, shrinking to put her back against the wall of a nearby barracks unit, watching to see if the gaurd in the tower had been alerted to their presence. She had not seen Roeme subdue the guard high above.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » SuperWar rp

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus