Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » [GAME] Drawpile! (Round Closed)

I had to put him in the most ridiculous position. For science, obviously.

QOZJe1o.png
TinyCentaur Topic Starter

Pffft, looking good! I love it. :')
Omg, this is looking great so far! XD
I figured Rin is not good at much and being balanced and upright is one of them XD So there are options for other characters to be standing on his butt, hand or foot.
Maelstrom

For the record I am working on it, it's just that a lot of stuff has piled up and I keep getting unsatisfied with the pose I make :(

@Mael - It's okay! Take your time. Every one has 2 weeks to do theirs. c: I believe you still have time!
And if you need more time, just let me know.
Hey everyone, its my turn and as I am working I think we need to adjust the height. I have 5 more people after me and just drawing the skeleton of my character, its about an inch to the top. Yes I can shrink her but then she will look too small compared to everything else.

Raine Asawa wrote:
Hey everyone, its my turn and as I am working I think we need to adjust the height. I have 5 more people after me and just drawing the skeleton of my character, its about an inch to the top. Yes I can shrink her but then she will look too small compared to everything else.

Huh, alright. If that is the case, feel free to add another 1000 pixels to the height. c:
I adjusted her size more, didn't feel the need to add onto the height. It may be okay

Raine is terrified of heights

Untitled_zps0neserco.png
rat

it just keeps getting more and more adorable!

a small concern for me at the moment is that each artist resizing the tower to fit here will affect the quality of the details as we go along. ideally this would be solved with a fullsized .pdf file being shared along with a resized preview, but perhaps we could split the tower in half soon so that those who don't want to upload a file don't have to? (because unless i'm missing something, i haven't seen any pdfs being shared so far?) it'll also help those with slower laptops who might struggle with file size.
I have the full sized psd on my computer waiting to be sent i resized a png for this preview so you could see it better ^^

But it was complex forme to draw. Im used to drawing on huge canvases so i drew a large picture and then used the transform tool to resize her. I cant draw that small my brush hardly shows at size 3.
Ilmarinen Moderator

rat wrote:

a small concern for me at the moment is that each artist resizing the tower to fit here will affect the quality of the details as we go along. ideally this would be solved with a fullsized .pdf file being shared along with a resized preview, but perhaps we could split the tower in half soon so that those who don't want to upload a file don't have to? (because unless i'm missing something, i haven't seen any pdfs being shared so far?) it'll also help those with slower laptops who might struggle with file size.

We're passing around a PSD file via email and dropbox and stuff. I think the idea now is to just increase the canvas size, which won't affect quality. If you can open the file but it's too laggy to draw, you could always try the following:

1) Open and flatten the file.
2) Crop out everything you don't need to work on your portion. Save the file under a new name.
3) Create a new layer and draw your part! With the aforementioned steps, it should be small enough to work with.
4) Reopen the full size file and paste your part in, and save. Or get someone else to paste your part in if need be.

Not a perfect solution, but an attempt!?

Heimdall wrote:
rat wrote:

We're passing around a PSD file via email and dropbox and stuff. I think the idea now is to just increase the canvas size, which won't affect quality. If you can open the file but it's too laggy to draw, you could always try the following:

1) Open and flatten the file.
2) Crop out everything you don't need to work on your portion. Save the file under a new name.
3) Create a new layer and draw your part! With the aforementioned steps, it should be small enough to work with.
4) Reopen the full size file and paste your part in, and save. Or get someone else to paste your part in if need be.

Not a perfect solution, but an attempt!?

I believe this will be the best way to solve the problem of size issues.

However, if we do need to make the height a little bigger, whoever has the file last will have to change the canvas size. Or, I can do it to the best of my ability and make sure no work gets ruined. (My computer is old, but powerful!)
rat

ah! so the PSD is being handed around through PM? that works for me! :D
File has been sent to Rat, and for those curious, here's a png of how things looks so far! ovo

drawpile_chartower_by_sashetha-dayps83.png
rat

PDF sent to Claine, and here's our magnificent tower!
Claine Moderator

HsHi3FW.png

Here's our tower! And I'm off to send the pdf to PANGAEA!

Oh wow, this is looking so good right now!!

Can't wait to see it finished. ouo

I'll be opening up sign ups for the next Drawpile soon too!
I'm sorry if I am being a butt, however I have a question. Raine is 5'5, Oshua is 5'4 and West 5'1. With the pile as it is now, the latter two look much larger than Raine. Can they be scaled down to fit the proportions of the other characters?
Yeah, we should probably scale Oshua and west Down a bit, but how about we also scale Raine up a little? There's only a difference of two inches in height between her and Jian, but I feel like if we'd have the two figures stand as they are now there is at least one full head height added on to that, if not more.

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » [GAME] Drawpile! (Round Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus