Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » [GAME] Drawpile! (Round Closed)

Sasheth wrote:
Yeah, we should probably scale Oshua and west Down a bit, but how about we also scale Raine up a little? There's only a difference of two inches in height between her and Jian, but I feel like if we'd have the two figures stand as they are now there is at least one full head height added on to that, if not more.

Only problem with scaling Raine up, is Rin is almost two feet taller and Bhaltair is three feet taller than him. So if we play with her height without scaling the others, she will be too tall in comparison.

Edit: Also, Jian is not in the current drawing. The character Raine is sitting on is Rin.
f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
Sasheth wrote:
Yeah, we should probably scale Oshua and west Down a bit, but how about we also scale Raine up a little? There's only a difference of two inches in height between her and Jian, but I feel like if we'd have the two figures stand as they are now there is at least one full head height added on to that, if not more.

Only problem with scaling Raine up, is Rin is almost two feet taller and Bhaltair is three feet taller than him. So if we play with her height without scaling the others, she will be too tall in comparison.

Edit: Also, Jian is not in the current drawing. The character Raine is sitting on is Rin.

Ah, sorry, mixed up Rin with some other character at the front page-
Taking that into consideration it's definitely better to stick to resizing Oshua and West.
Yeah I drew Raine to scale with Fox's character because she was initially taller looking than him, which is why I shrunk her for the final image because she needed to be smaller than him technically :x
Claine Moderator

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8sxfse960j8jl4p/drawpile.psd?dl=0

Here's the PSD if anybody wants to futz around with the character sizes. Just be sure to send the updated copy to PANGAEA.
I'm not around a computer I can play with this on at the moment, but if someone else takes it on, can you say so? Just to avoid more than one person playing around with it.
TinyCentaur Topic Starter

My apologies. I haven't been around in a while. ouo;

I did see the messages about character sizes, but sadly I have no idea how to alter these kind of things without quality loss. My version of Photoshop is quite old, after all.

Has someone tried to edit stuff? If not, I can only suggest adjusting the canvas size to make it taller.
TinyCentaur wrote:
My apologies. I haven't been around in a while. ouo;

I did see the messages about character sizes, but sadly I have no idea how to alter these kind of things without quality loss. My version of Photoshop is quite old, after all.

Has someone tried to edit stuff? If not, I can only suggest adjusting the canvas size to make it taller.

I can try to play with it, I just feel weird adjusting other people's characters? I feel like I'm stepping on toes, if that makes sense
rat

my character doesn't have a set height so my opinion might not be so relevant, but it seems to me like an awful lot of hassle for a bit of fun. if it's something you all wanna do then i don't mind a rescaling of my part though!

otherwise, perhaps we can just keep this in mind for next time, and everyone can provide a fullsized version of their part (like sasheth did) in case resizing is needed?
TinyCentaur Topic Starter

I think it might have to do with artistic style, honestly. But, hey. If resizing is needed I think I still have my drawing PSD.

I'll definitely keep a note for next time. Since we only have two people that need to draw left, hopefully we won't end up resizing a thing.
f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
I can try to play with it, I just feel weird adjusting other people's characters? I feel like I'm stepping on toes, if that makes sense

I know what you mean, but feel free to adjust Oshua as much as you want. Just send me the file later so I can tweak his legs. You know, else they might end up floating in thin air. :>

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » [GAME] Drawpile! (Round Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus