Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » World of Dragons

Klaus had his journal out to a new section of the book and was writing down the banter of the assassin and the thief, he had already drawn out a battle plan for the dragon fight and now was just enjoying the two bicker. Of course they still had to climb the mountain somehow but Klaus was pretty sure how to kill the dragon once they got up the mountain.

His journal read: The Assassin is a good man at heart, if he stopped killing people and started helping them he may get the chance to re-enter society as something more then a target. As for the murderous thief, she is a bit harder to read. She is brash and whether she kills the dragon or runs off and loses her foot she will never belong in society.

Lord Klaus paused for a minute and looked up from his book, that's when he noticed something interesting. My thoughts may be incorrect however, as different as Mr. Sep and Miss Grey are they have kind of a chemistry. I almost expect there to be some sort of romantic tension before the mission is complete. In fact I hope there is romance between them, it would not only make both of them into better people but it may also keep our little group together once the dragon is slain.

Closing his book and returning it to his bag he cleared his throat, "if you two love birds are done chirping at each other, I think we should find a way to climb the mountain." He smiled, if there was any romantic thoughts before they would be triggered by the verbal confirmation he just gave them. If they responded in anger his suspicious would be confirmed, if they scoffed then perhaps not.

"So how are we gonna climb this thing?"
Grey (played anonymously)

After hearing Sep's offer, she looked up from her dagger, looking at the assassin curiously. She had never met an assassin who willingly turned down money, much less offered to share a reward with someone who had tried to frame him yesterday. She shrugged her shoulders, trying not to let him see how grateful she was for his generosity and instead she simply said,
"Well its better then nothing" before returning her attention to her dagger. Once her first dagger was clean she slid it back into her boot and took the second dagger and began to clean it as well.

She noticed that Klaus had pulled out a journal and was writing in it. After the prince had shut his journal and spoken, Grey looked up quickly. She was embarrassed and blushed slightly, but her expression quickly returned to her emotionless smirk. Hoping that Klaus would not notice her embarrassment, she laughed turning to look at the assassin.

She was curious to see how Sep would respond. She was fairly sure that Klaus had misread their argument. After all, she had only known the assassin for a day, and most of it had been spent with Sepatazi trying to capture her. There was no way that the assassin actually liked her, right?

She snapped out of her daze as Klaus asked his question. She looked up, trying to figure out the easiest way to climb the mountain that loomed above them, but unable to come up with a successful plan. Instead she just shrugged before speaking.
"I don't suppose there is a nice path up the mountain?" she asked, knowing that there was no path, but asking the question anyways.
Sepatazi (played by soulfire14)

As he watched as Grey responded to his offer, he could have sworn that he saw a look of gratefulness flash across her eyes. He smiled at the thought, and when Klaus looked up from his journal and asked if they were done arguing, a look of playful mischievousness could be seen glittering his brown eyes. He wondered what the prince could have been righting about as he looked at them.

Sepatazi wasn't sure how he felt about Grey. As far as he could tell, she was a lonely thief who just maybe had kind features about her. She wasn't bad looking, if he could even tell, but that wasn't what stuck out about her. He wasn't exactly sure what about her was captivating, if anything, but he felt like there was just something interesting about her that drew adventure.

He looked back over to them from staring off into the mountains, hearing Klaus ask about the best was to climb this mountain chain.
"I'm not to sure..." He said, arms crossed in thought as he saw the sun setting in the distance. Maybe about 2-3 more hours of sunlight, he thought. "I think Grey may be on to something, albeit I'm sure there isn't an easy way up. Regardless of that, is there any kind old pass we can use to avoid traversing those dastardly peaks?" He asked the high elf.
"Doesn't look like any trail or pass around here..." the mountain when gradual for a while before the east side curved and went straight upward for maybe a mile upward. Clouds over took the top, dark clouds almost as if the mountain was smoking, "Sep's right, there isn't much day light left. And we don't want to be climbing at night... we should sleep."

Opening his pack he pulled out what looked like a tightly wound square cloth all bunched up together. Tossing it on the ground he spoke in Elven. "Salis Aminento," the bunch up cloth spring to life forming a small tent house. "It's not that I am cruel, I just don't deem it wise to sleep near the two of you." Without saying another word to them he entered the tent and mumbled something else in Elven.

A gold and purple aura filled the tarp of the tent. No way in, no way to destroy it... not for a few hours anyway. Klaus had retired and would be gone until sunrise. Polishing his armor, his Rapier, writing in his journal, reading from his tattered tombs, bathing in the heated tub, and sleeping... you know normal camping stuff.

She watched Klaus disappear into his small tent before walking over to a large tree and sat down, her back pressed against the tree. Looking up, she studied the sky, counting the stars as they began to appear in the night sky. She seemed much calmer and happier then she usually did.

She shut her eyes, seeming to doze off before she opened her eyes and looked at the assassin.
"You should get some sleep. " she spoke quietly. "I'll keep watch of a while, to make sure nothing tries to attack us."

Truthfully, she doubted that anything was going to attack them, but Grey always enjoyed the night. She felt more at home under the dark sky and the quiet air. She did not wait to see how Sep responded, instead looking up at the mountain above them.

Seeing as how it was getting dark,and how Grey said she had the first watch, Sepatazi thought it might be best to do a little bit of scouting around. Thouh he didn't say that to Grey.
"Alright, I suppose I trust you... Don't do anything I wouldn't do." He said to the girl as he turned virtually invisible and disappeared into a Shadow Walk, jumping down into a vally undetecting.

Grey watched the assassin disappear into the shadows. She wondered for a second where he was going but she decided to stay put. She absentmindedly began to scratch at the tattoo on her wrist, her eyes flitting around the area, keeping watch for any sort of threat. She darkness did not impair her vision, in fact she could see better the darker it became.

After a while, she began to feel drowsy and she shut her eyes, planning on resting for just a minuet. Instead she quickly fell asleep, still sitting against the tree.

Sepatazi sneaks around the chasm of a valley that he jumped down into, shifting from tree to rock and tree again, seemingly invisible to anyone or anything that didn't already know he was there. After continuing on like this for about 3 miles, he stumbled upon a strange, small campsite. He went to go take a look.

Looking in from the saftey of the shadows, he saw about 3 strange creatures that looked similar to goblins sitting and talking in a foreign tounge he couldn't understand. He drew his dagger slowly, and tried to get a closer look. Crawling from shadow to shadow, he got to only about 10 feet away from them. He saw that they were all looking over a map sitting in the dirt, marking certain spots. From what he could tell, it was a map detailing how to navigate the mountains. He decided he should try to get it to help out with thier journey.

He looked around a picked up a sizable rock, checking for the best place to land a distraction. In the veil of shadows, he reeled back and threw the rock into a shadow on the outside of the camp, drawing their attention and causing them to go and investigate. Seeing his opportunity, Sepatazi silently dashed in and scooped up the map. Trying to remain as stealthy as possible, he sprinted back the 3 miles back to where he came across Grey sleeping while sitting up against a tree. In the darkness it was nearly impossible to see her, as she melted into the shadows.
"Grey." He said to her quietly. "Look what I've found." He held the map out to her."

She woke up suddenly, opening her eyes slowly and jumping up. She frantically looked around, thinking that some creature had attacked while she slept but all she saw was Sep standing in front of her, holding a piece of paper. It was obviously some sort of map that showed how to navigate the mountain. She let out a sigh of relief, thankful that they were not in any immediate danger and leaned back against the tree.

"Where did you find that?" She asked, her eyes focused on the map.

He smiled as Grey calmed back down.
"Well... While you were sleeping I went on a little scouting mission to see what's up there. Its a good thing I did too, about 3 or so miles down that there valley is a camp of goblin-looking creatures. I snuck around the campsite, but I couldn't understand what they were saying, so I kind of took the map" He explained to her.
As the sun rose tent opened, folding in on itself and piping into Klaus's hand. Stuffing the Arcane tent into his bag he smiled, "good morning everyone... wow Sep you look absolutely exhausted."

Grey continued to look at the map, squinting to make out the marks on the paper. She reached out and snatched the paper from Sep's hand before he could respond. She held it close to her face, her eyes flitting across the paper.

"There is a camp? I wonder what they are doing here." she muttered, thinking aloud as she continued to read the map. Finally she looked up from the map and grinned.
"Perhaps they were trying to find the treasure as well. Although I guess it does not matter now." She paused. "Well, I am glad you found this, it will make climbing the mountain a lot easier." She finished before handing the map back to Sep.

She had been so distracted with the map that she had not noticed the sun beginning to rise, until she heard the prince approach them. He seemed rather cheerful and Grey scowled at him.

"Morning" she responded quickly.

"Hey morning Klaus." He said to the prince. "Ah I'm fine, I didn't sleep much- or all- last night, but I found this map depicting a passage through this here mountain chain in a goblin camp about 3 miles out from us." Sepatazi explained, spreading the map out on the ground for all to examine.
Looking at the map over Grey's shoulder he smiling, "that isn't the correct mountain... however," scratching the back of his head he squinted his eyes. "If we take the camps trail, into the mountains behind the den there is a fairly good chance that these tunnels could be off shoot poop tunnels for the dragon within."

Klaus pulled off his own map, "if the dragon never leaves there must be poop shoots, and goblins always use poop as building material!" Klaus grabbed the two of them in a group hug. "You guys are brilliant, fight through the goblin mountains, climb through poop tunnels, and attack the dragon from behind!!!"

"Woo yeah..." Sepatazi said weekly. "This shall be fun..."
Looking out into the mountains, he realized something. Why did the goblins have a map of a completely different mountain. Oh well, he thought, at least they know how to get through a mountain, even if it wasn't this one.
"I guess we should head out... To the goblin camp? I feel like all three of us can handle it." He said as he stood up."

Grey squirmed uncomfortably as Klaus pulled them into a hug, unsure of how to react to his excitement. She was not used to being hugged and had no idea what to do. After managing to break free of his hug, she backed up, her face flushed with embarrassment. She looked down, trying to hide her embarrassment and when she looked back up her face had returned to her expressionless mask.

"Wow that sounds great. I've always wanted to climb through a dragon's poop shoot." She said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. She looked over at Sep who seemed to be sharing her doubts about this plan.

She nodded her head at Sep's comment. "Yeah, we should get going." she responded.
Thinking about Sep's dialogue first, Lord Klaus could only assume that it was sarcasm. Why would goblins risk living inside of a Dragons mountain? Of course their map was of the near by Goblin tunnels unless of course... What if the three Goblins that Sep saw were rebels? Nah, too much of coincidence!

Turning to Grey's strange comment, and wanting to fit in to the club he himself had created he responded as such. "You too? I also have been ever wishing to crawl through tunnels of dragon dung!" Is words were far from believable or sarcastic. Klaus gave a smile signifying the commitment he had to fighting goblins and pulling his body through Dragon poop.

"Now let's get going!" Heading even further west wasn't a mistake, but false leads may have been.... As the three neared the camp they could see an armada of twenty or so Goblins. "They seem to have been expecting..." Klaus would have continued if ten or more hadn't approached them and pointed spears at the group! Now they were trapped with close to 30 Goblins!

Sepatazi stood with his mouth open, as he was about to reply but was stopped short due to the increasing numbers of the goblin troops. He started laughing.
"Ah! This is a pleasant surprise!" He said as he tried to regain his composure. "How might all of you be doing this fine morning?" Using one hand and gesturing to there surroundings and the few clouds in the sky, he directed their watchful eyes away from his other hand, which quietly slipped his dagger out and behind his back.
"Has any of you speak in common?" He said, raising an eyebrow. "Or know any of you the Thieve's Speak?" He continued in Thieve's Cant, the secret language know mostly by the people with shady backgrounds. He walked forward slowly and casually until he was about 5 feet in front of the Grey and Klaus, depicting a demeanor of a non-threatening commoner.

Grey looked at Klaus, trying to decide if he had been joking. Upon seeing his serious expression, she began to laugh. She stopped suddenly as she saw the approaching goblins. Her eyes opened wide in surprise and she instantly shifted her feet into a position so that she could run towards the goblins if a fight broke out. She looked over at Sep, who was trying communicate with the goblins in both common speak and Thieves cant. She could see him hiding a dagger behind his back.

Grey reached down, pretending to straighten her boots and instead she slowly drew one of her daggers and hid it in the sleeve of her jacket. She stood upright, hoping to appear calm and non-threatening. Her eyes flitted across each of the goblins, trying to count the number of goblins around them. She counted 31 goblins, each of them holding makeshift spears. They did not look well trained and Grey smirked, thinking that they would be very easy to defeat.
Klaus smiled, pulling out a small book and flipping quickly to a specific section. Reading allowed he spoke in Goblin, "Gogra inky inky glop meek?" The Goblins leader stopped for a moment looking to Klaus then Sep. Olak uni baenu, the Goblin said to the group as the other Goblins pointed there spears at Klaus and the others.

Flipping through the book Klaus picked out the different words that he though the goblin said. "So I asked if quote we could pass to kill dragon... and they either responded with Price is three arms or we hope you aren't harmed...." Klaus looked up from the group as the small green men licked there lips, "to be honest it could be either one."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » World of Dragons

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus