Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » World of Dragons

Sepatazi (played by soulfire14)

Seeing how the guards still weren't buying his act, Sepetazi quickly looked for anyway out. He saw a guard get taken down by Grey, and decide to make a disengage dash out of the circle as they closed in.

Just as one of the guards dashes in at him, Sepetazi slides under him and silently followed after Grey.

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 19. After the modifier of +3, got 22
Dexterity check for disengage.

Grey (played anonymously)

((ignore this, sorry))

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 5. After the modifier of +2, got 7
Perception check

Seeing this unfold Klaus took a deep breathe and took aim, Grey was running out of town and he had one clear shot. "Sul Fuirn!" Again fire flew from his fingers darting through the crowd and... it blasted into the ground under her feet! Causing no damage but tripping her up and causing her to fall, "Capture her Sepatazi!!" The crowd parted fast as the guards took aimed their shots, "if that assassin gets your murderer we should have another chat about who is on who's side eh?"

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 4. After the modifier of +6, got 10
13+ to Hit, 20+ to knock Grey out!

Sepetazi saw her go down from the fire blast. He dashes and lunges at her, drawing his now glowing dagger and holding it to her throught. He half whispers in her ear.
"Please just stop trying to run, if you come with us, the guards won't hurt you, but you have to come with us." He said in all honesty to Grey, a hint of desperation in his voice.

She felt the fire blast the ground at her feet, scorching her boots and the edge of her pants. She fell forward and managed to catch herself before her head slammed into a rock. She lay on the ground panting heavily. She was exhausted and wounded from the fall earlier. There was a large gash on her forehead and bruises peppered her white skin. Despite her exhaustion, she rolled over, sitting on the ground with her daggers drawn, ready to defend herself against the assassin.

She had not expected the assassin to speak to her and she tried not to let her surprise show. She opened her mouth, hesitating a second before responding.
"Fine." it was all she could say through gritted teeth. She hated having to surrender, but she was in no condition to fight this assassin. Instead, she slid her daggers into her boots and held her hands up in surrender.

Sepetazi smiled a crooked grin at her and offered a hand to help her up.
"I'm sorry we had to meet this way, but I think we can make this right. Lets see what Klaus says, eh?" He called back to the Prince to come over to them.

She looked at his outstretched hand and hesitated before grabbing it and letting him help her up. She swayed slightly, feeling dizzy from exhaustion but she tried not to show her weakness, instead she crossed her arms over her chest, trying her best to appear intimidating, despite being shorter then both the Prince and the assassin.
Walking slowly over Klaus was passed by guards with crossbows all pointed at the two. "Magus Ha'Khon..." Arcane purple manacles pushed Grey's crossed arms apart and folded them into a hand cuffed position. Klaus didn't know many spells but the ones he did know were well rounded enough to help in most situations.

"As an act of the Lord's Alligence I out rank you gentlemen..." Klaus wasn't trying to persuade the guards, this fact was true and as such he was just reminding them. "Take this murderer theif to your jail, take her gold and do your trial, but as per our agreement she is to help me and my new associate with the slaying of your dragon starting in morn of tomorrow."

The captain of the guard signaled the men take the now arcane trapped Grey back to the jail. And thanks to Klaus the widow of one of the guards she killed was compensated, the other who had a whole family was fine with the few hundred gold found on Grey once she was forced to give up her possessions in jail.

The next day a stone and wooden attachment was placed on Grey's ankle and set to three days. Should the dragon be killed the lock would open and she will be free to go, should the dragon be alive at noon on the third day, the arcane tune would sever her foot off entirely.

"Don't worry Captain, Lord Klaus has everything under control," he said handing Grey her armor and two of her Daggers back. "An assassin and a murderer alone on the trail with a Foreign Lord hunting a dragon, what could go wrong?"

Sepatazi leaned casually against a tree, flipping his dagger absentmindedly as he saw Grey and Klaus. A look of regret quickly flashed across his face as he saw Grey.
"I'm sorry it had to be like this miss, but I'm afraid there was no other way." He said to her, putting his dagger away. "I don't believe we ever formerly my. My name is Sepatazi, of the Red Bands guild in the city of Kyros." He said, leaving out the part about him running away.

Grey gave a small laugh upon hearing Klaus's question, but did not reply. She was furious at the Prince for getting her into this situation. She had come to this town simply hoping to make some easy money, but now she was at risk of loosing her foot. She tried to think of another option, perhaps an escape plan, but nothing she could think of would let her escape unharmed. The only thing she could do is help the prince and the assassin find the treasure, and hope that they let her go.

After Grey had put her armor back on and hidden her daggers safely in her boot, she followed Klaus over to where the assassin was leaning against a tree. Upon hearing him speak tilted her head, even more curious about the assassin. She had heard about the Red Bands guild, but she had never met any of their assassins. She tried not to show her surprise and instead she just shrugged her shoulders and crossed her arms over her chest.

"My name's Grey" she said finally. She spoke with a less formal voice and a slight accent.
"And I am Lord Klaus of house Kevloar, first of my name, second Prince of Voden, Lord of Darkwall City, and esteemed Eldritch Knight." He waited for them to be impressed before remembering he already told Sepatazi, and Grey wouldn't give a... "Anyway we probably should head off, looking at the sun it was about noon. "Three days until you lose a leg and Sepatazi has to carry you back here to jail... or we kill a dragon and you never have to return here again!" Klaus began heading out of the town.

The prince was waiting, clearly expecting some sort of praise. Grey was slightly impressed, but refused to show it. Instead she stared at the prince, her expression one of annoyance and boredom. She did not speak, clearly waiting for the prince to continue talking.

After he finished speaking, Klaus began to head out of the town. She shrugged her shoulders, turning to look back at Sepatazi before following the prince. She tried to ignore the weight of the arcane tune around her ankle, but it was very hard to forget about it. She glared at the prince, blaming him for her current predicament.

Sepetazi let them pass for Klaus to take the lead as he to up the rear and made sure that no one followed them to the dragon's lair. He walked with a causal gait, but was ready for anything as he had his had around the hilt of his enchanted dagger. He wore the Red Bands Insignia openly so people would let them pass withought contest.

Upon hearing Klaus speak up Sepetazi uttered a complaint,
"Hey why would I have to carry her back!" He said jokingly before letting out a slight chuckle. "Ah, I have faith that Grey will come through and help us." He finished, more of a statement than anything. There was a slight charm in his voice as he followed Klaus and Grey out of town.
Out into the country side the hills rolled and the small pockets of trees swayed in the wind. Glass swayed one way one minute then with the change of wind they appeared to be a wave of green sweeping across the valley. Looking up the Stone Spine Mountains loomed in the distance, it was the home of the dragon who's name was undiscovered as of yet but Red Dragons were known as worst of all dragons. White being feral, black being flat out greedy, blue being relatively peaceful, and green being cunning.

Red Dragons however held the cunning of green, viciousness of white, greed of black, and held the power of a blue dragon. Far more dangerous then their other Matte cousins, "this won't be easy." Klaus said at the foot of the mountain where the pine trees began to spring up. The Stone Spine were a few more miles south, but this mountain poked out from the rest leaning towards the valley as if the mountain itself wanted to collapse and crush all who call this luscious landscape home.

"First task is climb the mountain, then have one of you survey the Dragons den, then make a plan of attack, then we strike."

Grey looked back at Sepetazi, glaring at him as he laughed.
"How about we just kill the dragon so no one has to carry me back." she grumbled, obviously annoyed. She turned back around, facing ahead as he finished his statement. She did not offer a response, instead pretending like she had not heard him.

As they walked, she could not help wondering about the assassin. He seemed to nice for an assassin and although he wore the Red Band Insignia, she suspected that perhaps he was hiding something about his guild. She was growing increasingly nervous, and she began to absentmindedly scratch at the tattoo on her wrist.

Klaus stopped, looking up at the mountains before them. Grey followed his gaze, squinting to try and see the top of the mountain looming ahead. It stretched above them, casting a dark shadow over the valley below. She nodded her head in agreement to the prince's statement. She looked back at him, trying not to think about the dangerous task ahead.
"That sounds easy enough." she said sarcastically.

"I've heard little of Red Dragons, but enough to know that this will be quite the challenge." He said in regard to Klaus's statement about the types of dragons. He thought as they walked about the best way to take it down, and tried to picture what it might look like. Red, he thought, for sure, but of it's size?
"I believe I can scout the din, if no one objects of course?"

Grey had never heard about Red Dragons. In fact, she knew almost nothing about any sort of dragon. Because of this, she did not understand that she should be afraid and instead she did not view the dragon as much of a threat. She reached down, pulling her daggers out of her boot and distractedly twirling the black blades in her hand.
Hearing the assassin speak she turned to look at him, still holding her daggers but no longer twirling them. She thought for a moment before tilting her head slightly and responding.

"Wouldn't it make more sense for me to scout the den?" she asked. Although she knew the assassin was well trained, she was probably more skilled in hiding and it would be easier for her to scout the den without being detected.

Sepetazi lifted his head from looking at the dirt to meet her eyes as she talked, his harsh brown eyes staring into her own, revealing the soul of a person who has killed countless people. He smiled lightly as he considered the risks.
"Yes, I suppose it does, but... How can we trust you to not do anything? The first time I talked to you about this, you ran away and tried to frame me." He said, his smile stayed, though his voice betrayed his true feelings of anger. Being an assassin, he was usually pretty good at hiding his feelings.
He looked over to the Prince.

She rolled her eyes as the assassin spoke, clearly not feeling any sympathy for him. The assassin's voice sounded angry, but Grey simply crossed her arms, her expression one of annoyance.
"Well it isn't like I have much of a choice. If I try and run away, I'll lose my foot in a few days time." she reminded him, gesturing to the arcane trap around her ankle.
"As much as I would love to take this treasure and run off into the sunset, it's rather hard to do without a foot, don't ya think?" her accent became even thicker as she got annoyed and her words were filled with sarcasm.

She took a few steps back, walking over to a nearby tree and leaning against it. She took one of her daggers and pulled a cloth out of her satchel and began to polish the dagger, cleaning off the dry blood from the day before. The daggers were pitch black and almost seemed even darker then the darkest shadow.

Sepetazi watched as Grey polished her daggers.
"I guess you are right, but remember, it was either this or death." He said, catching the thick sarcasm as she spoke.
"And if you want, I can split my share of the loot with you. I believe I haven't much need for money anyway." He said as he looked off into the mountains, talking to Grey as much as himself.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » World of Dragons

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus