Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » World of Dragons

He sighed before returning the gear to his bag of holding, "the deal was kill a dragon Correct? If we sleep now, at 2pm we could be up by 9ish maybe 10 at night." Looking up, "if we climb this one or both of us will die and with Sep having run if fear or stupidity the only way you don't lose a foot is if we do this ourselves."

He looked back to the ravine calculating it would take an hour to get back there and roughly two or three to get up through the poop shoots. "Entering at night means I'll be able to get us pasted the Goblins with identify terrain and then mold earth. I'll have a spell or two left for combat, but we also get the drop on not a resting dragon... but a sleeping one."

He looked to her, "my tent needs only an hour left to recharge, what do you say? Time to sleep??"
Grey (played anonymously)

Grey sighed. She hated wasting any more time, but it seemed like this was the only thing that might work. She angrily kicked a stone glaring at the ground. She was so frustrated. They had been walking around all day and all they managed to accomplish was losing one of their team members. After a few seconds, she shut her eyes tightly before looking back at the prince, her anger replaced by her usual expressionless mask.

"Alright, lets sleep now." she said. "But if I lose my foot, I am going to kill you."
"Not if I can out run you... wait that's not funny." He smiled awkwardly before guiding her back into a cove of the mountain, surrounded by woods he opened his bag of holding and pulled out his Arcane Folding Tent. Tossing it slightly it sprawled out into a little tent, "see you in eight hours." Heading inside the tent created its usual arcane field around it, Klaus made himself a nice cup of peppermint tea and headed to bed.

There was a chance Goblins might find there make shift camp but Klaus didn't trust Grey enough to invite her in. He would surface in eight hours, he wondered where Sep had gone but he knew his quest was more important then a new ally's whereabouts.

While Klaus was enjoying some peppermint tea, Grey was seriously considering eating some strange berries she had found on a bush. She had not realized how hungry she was until they stopped to rest and her stomach started to growl like some sort of monster. Apparently, when the guards took her satchel, they took her rations as well and she had nothing to eat.

She tried not to feel angry at Klaus for leaving her alone while he went into his protected tent. After all, she would probably have done the same if their places were switched. Even if she did not want to hurt Klaus, he had no reason to trust her. But she could not help feeling annoyed at the prince.

She had no intention of sleeping. They were too close to the goblin camp for her to feel safe and she knew that it would be impossible to fall asleep with the bright sunlight filtering through the leaves. Instead, she sat down, just outside of the arcane field, alert incase anything tried to attack her.
Upon waking up Klaus cooked himself a nice mid-evening breakfast omelet. He seasoned it perfectly and enjoyed half of it before wondering if he should invite Grey to have the rest. After a moment he decided she wouldn't be greatful anyway so why bother. Klaus finished his breakfast, got dressed and emerged at five minutes till 11.

The tent folded behind him and he put it into his Bag of Holding, "good evening Grey how did you sleep?" The smell of a good breakfast wafted gently through the air behind him, he opened his hand and sparked some arcane energy. He didn't want to tell her that it only took a four hour nap to recharge but he just preferred a good 8 hours of rest.

"Ready to get going," he smiled at her pleasantly.

Grey was sitting crosslegged on the ground looking out into the dark forest. The sun had set a few hours ago and she was beginning to regret her decision to stay awake. She was hungry, tired and soar from her fall earlier so when Klaus emerged with the smell of breakfast wafting behind him. she glared at him with the most angry expression she could make. She stood up, brushing the dirt and stones off of her pants and stretching her shoulder, which still hurt a lot. She winced a little but tried to disguise her discomfort by kicking a stone angrily.

"Oh I slept wonderfully. You know, the looming threat of goblins and the hard stone ground really helps me get a nice refreshing sleep." She said with as much sarcasm as she could muster, glaring at the prince. After a few seconds she remembered that the prince did not usually understand her sarcasm so she snapped, "I did not sleep at all and I haven't eaten in days and I am a few hours away from losing a foot so excuse me if I am not super happy right now."

Turning her back to the prince she stomped towards the woods, not waiting to see if the prince followed. She was moving pretty quickly and was not making any effort to be quiet. She knew that she was being a bit unfair to Klaus, but right now she was to angry to care.
Klaus sighed, "distrel vien arcana..." he spoke in Elven pointing at her ankle the and the rune trap fell off. Was it worth wasting the spell, probably not. Would she run away, most likely. But if he was going to make a friend, or at least a temporary ally, he had to earn some trust and respect.

"Run if you want but I'm now asking you as a friend... please help me kill the dragon and return to the village as a hero." Klaus could always cast a sleep spell on her if she tried to attack him but he hoped it wouldn't resort to that. Without waiting for a response he walked over and picked up the ankle trap. Putting it into his bag he smiled, "get some sleep and in the actual morning we will go kill the dragon."

Grey eyes widened and she stood with her mouth open in obvious surprise. She half expected Klaus to tell her it was a joke and put the arcane trap back on. Instead, she stood motionless as the prince put the trap into his bag and smiled at her. She was free! She knew that she should run while she had the chance, but she did not. Klaus trusted her after all. Her expression shifted into a genuine smile, her anger instantly forgotten.

"Alright then. Lets go kill this dragon." She hesitated a few seconds. "Thank you" she said quietly, still smiling happily.
It was an hour walk back to the Golbin caves entrance, skimming along where the forest met the mountain Klaus cast his Identify spell, moving further west for about ten minutes he cast Mold Earth. Creating a few steps upwards he began pushing into the rock but it wasn't enough. He sighed as he cast mold earth again, this did it. Creating a small entrance way into the mountain as crusted old dragon poop slowly oozed out of the mountain. "Ladies first," he smiled. He only had one spell left again, probably best to save it instead of using it to clear away the waste.

Grey wrinkled her nose at the smell. My god, the smell was awful. She had not even entered the shoot and she already wanted to throw up. Looking back at Klaus she rolled her eyes. "What a gentleman." She said sarcastically. Pinching her nose to try and block the smell, Grey climbed into the entrance way, her foot immediately sinking into the old poop. "Ugh, these were my favorite boots." She muttered to herself as she started walking forward, wading through the poop that filled the tunnel and trying not to be sick.
Klaus knew he was gonna end up wasting a spell after this tunnel, "be sure to clean yourself off at the top!" He called to Grey, "Dragon poop is very flammable!!" Climbing in himself the cave made it easy enough to climb the inside of the mountain but it took a few hours, one of which was spent vomiting, reaching the top soon after.

When she reached the top, Grey pulled herself out of the tunnel and into the cave. She was so happy to get out of that wretched tunnel but she remained absolutely silent, afraid that the dragon might be near by. The cave was dimly lit but Grey could still see perfectly fine. She had nothing to clean herself off, but she had most of her clothes was still clean, except for her boots and her jacket. She pulled off her jacket and boots and flung them against a rock.

Walking barefoot, Grey started to climb up the side of a nearby bolder, so that she could get a better view of the cave. She peeked over the rock and her eyes immediately landed on the huge pile of treasure lying in the center of the cave. On top of the pile lay the dragon. It was much larger then Grey had anticipated and she was terrified. How were they supposed to defeat that? Luckily, the dragon seemed to be sleeping and had not noticed her enter. Looking back down to see if Klaus had climbed out of the tunnel yet, she pressed one finger to her lips, motioning for him to be quiet.
Klaus was kicking his boots off, pulling out a cloth he began to shine them clean. Looking up he saw the treasure and a top it the dragon, big but not the biggest he had ever seen. And the treasure pile was kinda small too, probably because of the lack of cities and villages nearby. The tricky thing was that he only had one spell left, should he use it to drop all the hanging rocks in the cave on the beast as an initial attack or should he save his spell for a feather fall to get down from here or incase one or both of them gets thrown from the mountain... he would wait for Grey to act.
Dungeon Master (played anonymously)

Crimscyth the Village Bane

Crimscyth the called him, Crimscyth the Village Bane... Once part of a proud and terrible Dragon Dominion known as the Dread Five, but each were slain by so called heros of their ages. There were a few more great Dragons wandering the world such as Tosavern the Bronze Thunder, Goldwyrm the Sun God, Silveronex the Deady Winter, and Vospheng the Crimson King.

Each more powerful then the last and here Crimscyth was sitting in a mountain scared to meet the same fate as his companions, lesser dragons who weren't afraid of anything... A NOISE! Crimscyth' eyes opened and a large smouldering grin turned to face the back of the cave. "Who wipes there boots on my walls? Who despises of dirty laundry on my cave floor?? Who has come to my home to die this night!?!?!?"

The sound of The dragon's loud voice filled the case, stating Grey who fell backwards from her perch on the rock and landed on the floor. She stood up quickly, her eyes wide and obviously frightened. She looked over at Klaus, trying to think of a plan. He still had one spell left, so maybe if she tried to distract the dragon, he could be able to use his spell to attack it.

She whispered, "Stay here, I am going to distract it.' She wrapped the shadows around her, creeping forward towards the base of the pile of treasure. She reached the base and drew her two daggers. Crossing them over her chest she closed her eyes and concentrated on the shadows around her, hoping to create some illusion to distract the ferocious dragon.

The shadows responded to her concentration and immediately started to swirl around her, creating a tornado of darkness. Inside of the tornado, Grey swung her arms, weaving an illusion around her. The tornado disappeared, revealing her illusion. She looked three times as tall and dark wings seemed to sprout out of her back. She was shrouded in shadows and the when she spoke, her voice was deep and it echoed around the cave. "I am Nighe, Goddess of Shadows, and I am here to slay you." She lied hoping the dragon would not notice the uncertainty in her voice. Her illusion was good, but not great. It seemed to flicker slightly and it was not quite as large as Grey had hoped it would be, but she though that the dragon would not notice and would be distracted by her. She silently prayed that Klaus was about to cast some sort of spell, because otherwise, this dragon was probably going to kill her.

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 12. After the modifier of +3, got 15
Shadow Powers

Crimscyth, Village Bane

Belching loudly at the false God he covered the cave in fire! Dex check for Klaus, Dex Check Disadvantage for Grey. Dragon were very religious, but without researching the gods that Dragons worship the illusion was too easy to sea through. Fire burned away the boots and jacket as well as sealed the poop tunnel. They could fight and die, or jump out of the caves mouth and die!

((Fire Breathe: Probably a DC of 14, get 14-19 and take half damage, if you get 20+ you hid behind a rock and take zero!))

rolled 8d6 and got 29
Fire Breath Damage!

Klaus ran forward, "that's not a dragon god!" Tackling Grey he pulled them behind a rock? Hopefully out of the fire and saving her from having to make a check at disadvantage! "Maybe we're in over our head," he said looking out into the night air. Maybe jumping would be smarter, he could feather fall them to the ground safely. But then the dragon might try to fight them out in the open valley or worse.... go for the village.

Klaus after Fire Damage: 7/22

Grey after Fire Damage: 4/26

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 11. After the modifier of +5, got 16
Dex check: Dex3+Prof2

Grey tried to duck out of the way as the dragon breathed fire, but there was no cover in sight. Luckily Klaus grabbed her and tackled her into the ground. Her head hit a rock and she was scorched by the flames, but somehow she managed to survive. She crawled behind a near by rock, her head pounding and the world seeming to spin in front of her eyes.
"Yeah, no kidding," She responded to Klaus when she finally managed to catch her breath. They needed to get out of here. One more hit and she would defiantly die. "So, my plan failed miserably. What is your plan?" she asked, whispering so that the dragon hopefully would not hear her.

Crimscyth the Village Bane

"How about my plan little charred rats? You tell me what Village sent you to kill me, I burn it and you get to escape while I do so... If you refuse then I kill you and burn every village In the Valley!"
Klaus knew the risks.... leaning over to Grey he spoke quiet, "if I fail... tell him of the village." He was more nervous then he was before, he may have seen a bigger dragon before. But he has only ever seen one other dragon, and it wasn't attacking him. It was a wise old silver ice dragon who lived in a temple and gave advice to the royal family of Voden... Never an evil fire breathing drake such as this.

Standing he pointed above the rock and up at the ceiling making glyphs with his hands the ceiling bagan to collapse upon the dragon! Sharp ceiling spikes fell on his piercing into his scales and organs killing him! Turning as the top of the mountain collapsed, Klaus grabbed Greys hand as he sprinted and as they jumped the mountain sprayed out the last flame of Crimscyth...

Falling from the cliffs Klaus pulled Grey close, "I mean if we're gonna die anyway..." He kissed her as the two levelled up, pulling away he felt a small pulse of mana in him he yelled out, "Sefara Fenel!!!" And arcane wings cloaked the two of them and they drifted to the ground under the cave of the dead dragon... reaching the ground safely the wings vanished and the Prince passed out from a mixture of fear and happiness.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » World of Dragons

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus