Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » World of Dragons

Grey (played anonymously)

Although she had been confident moments ago, Grey was growing more nervous with each passing second. She took a small step towards Klaus, who was trying to speak with the goblins. Upon hearing Klaus speak, she quickly looked towards the goblins who were licking their lips as though they were staring at a meal. She gave a nervous laugh, trying to appear calm.

"So, are they going to let us pass?" She whispered, hoping not to upset the goblins.
Sepatazi (played by soulfire14)

Sepatazi stood looking at who he thought was the leaders of this little army of goblins as he listened to the prince have a little conversation. He looked over to Grey.
"I don't know why, but I feel like it was the first one. We might have to fight our way out of this one... Klaus could you translate something for me, 'what of thee, to stop the King's Guard of their passage to through these mountains?'" He tries to decieve the goblins.
((If you do translate that just use this deception roll.))

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 3. After the modifier of +5, got 8
Deception roll against the goblins

The lead gobin tells something and before Klaus has a chance to flip through his book, Translating Orcs, and Giants, and Goblins, Oh My! The little slime balls began chucking their spears at the group! "Tosaul Sheldoza!" Klaus yelled in Elven, dropping the book and out stretching both his hands and two large arcane shields blocked the main bombardment of spears.

The shields vanished as the Goblins rushed to retrieve their spears. Picking up his book Klaus turned, "I vote we Retreat for now!" And he turned and ran, preparing to cast a fire bolt when his roguish friends inevitably passed him. Running up the valley a bit towards the Red Dragons mountain he saw the reverb below that lead straight to the campsite. It would hurt on the way down, probably 3D6 damage to each of them but it was better then fighting upwards of thirty Goblins! "Jump!" Klaus yelled, but he did not jump just yet, he was ready to blast these buggers with some fire!

Sepatazi looks back and hears Klaus yelling at the to jump. He looks down, and despite seeing a painful drop, he figures its better than the goblins.

Edit: He jumps down, but he was so focused on seeing if Grey and Klaus followed that he slammed into the ground, twisting his ankle and hurting his left arm.

HP: 14/25

rolled 3d6 and got 11
Falling damage

Grey turned around, hearing Klaus yell at them to jump. Sep had already leaped down, but she hesitated terrified of the painful drop. She looked back at the goblins who were still chasing them before making up her mind and jumping after Sep.

Edit: As she fell down, she managed to grab onto a tree branch. The branch snapped, sending her tumbling onto the ground below, but the branch did manage to slow her momentum so when she crashed into the ground she was not terribly injured. Her left arm had gotten caught on the branch and twisted her shoulder, but other then that she had only suffered mild injuries.

She slowly stood up, her shoulder throbbing painfully, and looked around, trying to find the others. Sep was lying a few paces away and Klaus was still on the ledge above. She rushed over to Sep, kneeling beside him.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

HP: 19/26

rolled 3d6 and got 7
Fall damage

Klaus shot a Fire Bolt, then another, then a third before the Goblins were too close and he jumped down sliding on the rocks. However as he looked back he didn't see the little Devils following them. Probably tending to their dead, he had to have killed almost two dozen of them the way he blasted into some trees and crushed the lot of them.

"The few thousand Goblins in the tunnels are not going to be happy about that..." Klaus should have just jumped, however if he did that the Goblin's would have most likely followed them. But there was another down side, "I'm pretty much out of Mana guys, I've got MAYBE one spell left today."

HP: 15/22

rolled 3d6 and got a natural 13. After the modifier of +9, got 22
How many Goblins died! 1D6+Int(times 3)

rolled 3d6 and got 7
Klaus' Fall Damage.

Grey looked up as Klaus slid down the ledge, landing much more gracefully then she had. She stood up, taking a few steps towards Klaus, crossing her arms across her chest.

"So, you are telling me that we have to face a few thousand goblins with only one spell left?" She said, her voice sounding worried. "That sounds like it is going to end well." She said sarcastically. Not waiting for a reply, she turned around and walked back over to Sep and held out her hand to help him up.

Sepatazi laid for a moment before taking Grey's hand to help him up. He was trying to think of a way to get around the goblins.
"Well, we won't have to face any goblins if they don't know we are there." He said, smiling slightly before looking over to the prince.
"You wouldn't happen to have any invisibility spells or potions on you by any chance, would you? For Grey and I, I feel, are stealthy enough to not be seen."

She immediately reached into her satchel, rummaging around to find any possible potions. Usually she had some spare potions in her bag but when she looked she could not find any. She closed her satchel before looking at Sep and Klaus.

"Well I recommend that we figure this out as we walk." She said, crossing her arms over her chest. "We still have a long walk ahead of us and I would really like to get there before my foot gets cut off." Not waiting for an answer, she reached down to draw her dagger out of her boot and started to walk in the direction of the mountain. She looked back over her shoulder, waiting for the assassin and the prince to follow her.
Beginning to walk towards the goblin caves Klaus began to admit, "I'm not a wizard, I'm an eldritch knight... Invisibility is a bit past my knowledge although i do admit that I have been looking into such spells." Noon was approaching fast as was the goblin fortress, built into the side of the far mountain it was nearly a mile out by now, stopping it was apparent if they moved out of these tree and continued any further they would be spotted. "I have no invisibility and I'm not great at stealth..." He smiled awkwardly, "considering all that, whats the plan?"

((So while your stealth scores are probably +5 or +6, mine is about half that... and I'd say to sneak through an entire city undetected we'd need 17 minimum... what say you guys?))

Grey stopped walking, turning to face Klaus, her head tilted to the side. She hesitated a second, obviously thinking about something, before responding the prince's question.

"Well I may be able to help with that. After all, you are not the only one with magic on your side. I might be able to use the shadows to turn you invisible as well." She trailed off. She had only attempted to hide other people using shadows once before and the effort had nearly killed her. She was reluctant to try it again, but it might be the only option.
"I do not know if it will work because it takes a lot of energy to hide two people in shadows. But I think it might be our only shot." After she finished speaking, she turned to the two others, waiting for them to respond.

((So, I was thinking that Grey could use her powers to hide both of them. Her stealth score is usually +6, but if she uses her daggers to concentrate her powers her stealth score can become +8. Because she is trying to hide two people, I would say her modifier is half of that, so +4. Does that sound ok to you? Other then that, I agree 17 is a fair number))

Sepatazi listened to Grey's proposal to the prince. He had never realized that this prince was an eldrich knight! He had always assumed he as a wizard since he tried to shoot Grey with a fireball.
"That could work... And I was trained to be incredibly undetectable in the shadows, so I believe I should fair well." He said to the two.

((On Sep's character page is all of his stats, and yes 17 will work I supposed. As for Grey, I believe that that makes since.))
"If you believe it will work... I'm just afraid of it failing while we are in the middle of a big group of them. We could die, easily," Klaus was willing to give it a chance, the only other real option was to have the rogues draw the Goblin forces out of the caves while Klaus slipped in and found the poop tunnels. Then being rogues they would hide and circle back but two rogues wouldn't draw out and entire goblin army... "ok let's try it."

"Yeah I am a bit worried about this failing, but what other choice do we have?" She asked, not really expecting an answer.

Grey leaned down, pulling one of her daggers out of her boot. She took a few steps forward, lifting her dagger up and holding it in front of Klaus. It seemed like she was about to attack Klaus, but instead of attacking him, she shut her eyes and began to pull at the shadows around her. Her face was scrunched up in concentration as the shadows moved, seeming to be drawn towards her dagger.

The shadows moved and surrounded them, turning both her and Klaus practically invisible. Her head began to pound as she tried to concentrate but the shadows still seemed weaker then she had controlled before. After a few seconds, the shadows dropped, retreating back to their original state and Grey's arms dropped, panting heavily. After a few minuets, she managed to catch her breath before looking up at the others.

"I am sorry. I can't do it." She said, her head still ringing from attempting to control the shadows. "Does anyone have another plan?" she asked quietly, embarrassed that she had failed.

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 7. After the modifier of +4, got 11
Stealth

Feeling the shadows try to imbrace him they quivered for a moment before breaking apart and scattering to the wind like ash. "Well if I had more spells I could cast Identify Terrain, and see the tunnels through the mountain, then cast Mold Earth to make a way in without going through the goblin city..." He paused at the obvious flaw, "but I only have one spell left today."

Camping was an option but it was only around one in the afternoon, and they would have to find a safe place to set up shelter before resting at all. And his Arcane Tent still needed two hours or so to recharge before it could be used. "Thanks to the map of the poop tunnels I could get us in there safely, and up to the dragon's lair.... if we wait till tomorrow."

Grey sighed before looking down at the arcane trap around her ankle. Although waiting until tomorrow was probably the smartest plans, she really did not like wasting more time. "Uh, incase you have forgotten, tomorrow is the day I get my foot severed off." She trailed off, gesturing dramatically to her foot. "You might have all the time in the world, but I certainly do not."

She squinted in the direction of the goblin camp, trying to gage how many enemies were in the camp. "There has got to be another way.." she mumbled to herself, trying to come up with a plan. "Is there any way we could distract the goblins or something?" She asked, turning her head to look back at Klaus.
"Hmmm, what do you think Sep?" Looking over to where his Rogue buddy was standing Klaus found him to be gone. Perhaps scouting another route, or maybe he slipped into the camp already. Either way the planning was up to Grey and himself now.

"We could circle back and try to climb straight up... or, I mean dragons are very vain." Klaus chuckled, "we could go back to the grassy part of the valley and call out the dragon. Be like hey dragon, you smell!" Low charisma made the Second Prince of Voden very bad at jokes.

Grey did not seem impressed by the Prince's poor excuse for a joke. She crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. She looked behind her, trying to find Sep but he was no where to be seen. She sighed before returning her attention to the prince and the task at hand.

"I dunno about climbing, that seems like it is going to end with us both plummeting to our deaths." she trailed off, thinking for a second. "But hey, I have nothing better to do and since when do I let a little something like common sense stop me." She said, suddenly perking up and flashing the prince a smile. "Lets go climb this mountain." She said, not waiting for a reply before spinning around and walking back in the direction they had come.
It took them about two hours to circle back to the mountain face looking up he started with his climbing tools on the next to vertical cliff upwards. "So quick question because I have always wanted to climb a mountain and I do have climbing gear.... how do I put this stuff on, and how does one actually climb a mountain."

Grey looked up at the cliff above them. Had it always been that tall? Suddenly all of her confidence seemed to vanish as she stood in the shadow of the huge cliff. She dragged her attention away from the terrifying cliff as the prince spoke. He was holding the climbing gear, but it was obvious that he had no clue how to use it. Honestly, she did not either. She had never used climbing gear before, since she normally climbed up trees or buildings, not giant mountains.

"Uh I was hoping you knew." she answered. Examining the rocky cliff, she could see small stones sticking out of the side. As she looked up, she could see cracks and rocks that could act as steps. Perhaps she could climb this after all.

She looked back at the climbing gear, still having absolutely no clue how to use it. The only thing she could recognize was rope. "I have no idea how to use any of that stuff."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » World of Dragons

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus