Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » World of Dragons

Sepatazi (played by soulfire14)

"Right, so do not kill her then." Sepatazi said to himself as he rounded the corner out of the alleyway where there were two guards standing over the dead body of another one, his thought sliced open. He quickly put away his dagger, but wasn't quick enough to do so, and one of the guards saw him approaching. The guards were suspicious and immediately suspected him to be the killer because he looked like someone who would.
"Hey you there! Stop in the name of the law!" The one guard said, drawing the attention of others. He began walking over to Sepatazi as he drew his sword from his side.

Sepatazi saw the guard walking towards him, and noticed out of the corner of his eyes as more began to follow. His heart sank. He attempted to persuade the guard.
"Sir! Please I didn't kill that guard there, on the contrary, me and my friend are looking to help you catch her." He said, feigning fear.

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 9. After the modifier of +3, got 12
+3 proficiency bonus for persuasion.

Approaching as well Lord Klaus added, "We aim to catch her for you so that you don't lose any more men, then once she has an arcane ankle tracker on her or something we plan to use her combat skills to help us take care of your Red Dragon problem!"

((Added:)) Before Klaus could realize he had something in his teeth he looked up in time to see the Theif bounding up Top the roofs, "Mr. S, there she is!!" The guards pulled out their crossbows and began firing. Perhaps seeing now that these two could help Klaus bolted like lightning in a silver chest Plate down the street, following Grey from the ground. Hoping Sepatazi would take the roof tops!

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 2. After the modifier of -1, got 1
Charisma -1

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 16. After the modifier of +4, got 20
Perception to see Grey Wis 1+Prof 3

The guard seemed to considered this for a moment, but since his total was 12, he didn't buy it. Only when Klaus approached was when he stopped coming forward. The guard thought on this situation, and seeing how Sepatazi was a well known assassin, they decided to attack.
"Get them!!" He yelled.

rolled 1d20 and got 19
Rolled for initiative.

rolled 1d20 and got 1
Guard's initiative roll.

Klaus was focused on Grey and didn't notice the guards attacking his new friend.

Sepatazi, being a halfling, was easily faster than the guard, who clumsily tripped when he tried to run at him. Sepatazi sighed and realized he didn't want to draw attention. He attempted a disengage to get away from yhe guard so he could speak.
"Please sir, believe me, I could kill you right now but I am not going to. We want to help, sincerely and truthfully. Assassin's honor." He said to the guard who was starting to get up.

rolled 2d20 and got a natural 9. After the modifier of +3, got 12
Disadvantage on persuasion roll due to the guard being enraged.

Grey (played anonymously)

Grey heard the crossbows fly past her head as she jumped, but the guards could hardly see her and the arrows were not even close. She landed on the roof, looking back down to find the two strangers from earlier in combat with the guards. She could not help but laugh quietly at her lucky break and she rushed to the other side of the building. The next building was too far away to jump to, so she started to descend down the wall and onto the street. She hit the ground, pressing her back against the building and melting into the shadows until she was nearly invisible. She peaked out from behind the building watching in amusement as the guards continued to fight the assassin from earlier. She worried slightly when she did not see the other man in the fight, but ignored her doubt, to inthralled by the fight to search for Klaus.

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 18. After the modifier of +3, got 21
+3 bonus for stealth

Following the woman he saw her pointing up at her he yelled out an Elven incantation as an Eldritch Knight! "Sul Fuirn!" A bolt of fire shot from the elves two fingers and smashed into the roof shingles throwing the woman out of view. "Should have thought that through, now she's probably in stealth somewhere... at least she took some Falling damage I hope."

((Let's say we each have 20+1D6 Health, and you guys wearing leather have an AC of 15, and Klaus in Chest Plate has an AC of 17... Fair?))

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 2. After the modifier of +6, got 8
Need a 15 to hit. 3Int+3Prof

rolled 1d6 and got a natural 5. After the modifier of +3, got 8
Fire Damage.

(( Yes and the guards can have 10 health respectively with an AC of 15))
*Upon seeing Klaus shout and shoot a magical fireball, one of the guards turn their attention towards him.*

Seeing how the guard was still trying to attack him, Sepatazi went in for a quick slash at throught.

rolled 1d6 and got a natural 5. After the modifier of +20, got 25
My health roll

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 14. After the modifier of +3, got 17
Slashing shot with proficiency

((Actually I should have an AC of 13, since my clothes are pretty normal and don't offer a lot of protection))

Grey was thrown off of the roof, letting out a small scream as she flew backwards and crashed into the street below. She fell on her back, the fall knocking the air out of her lungs and pain shooting through her shoulder. She gasped for air and lay still for a few seconds, panting. She managed to sit up and crawl a few meters through the alley. She leaned against the wall of a building, panting quietly. Closing her eyes, she began to concentrate, trying to control the shadows around her. Despite the pain, she was able to wrap the shadows around her, becoming invisible as she sat there. She leaned backwards, grunting in pain and resting her head against the wall. She opened her eyes slightly and watched the alleyway, preparing to run if she needed too.

rolled 1d6 and got a natural 6. After the modifier of +20, got 26
my health role

rolled 1d20 and got 20
stealth role, disadvantage because she is injured

The guard was quick, but he was quicker. Sepatazi jumped into the man before he had a chance to defend, slashing at his throught. The blade cut deep, but failed to hit an artery. (His dagger deals 1d6 + 3 slashing with an attack bonus of +3)

Despite missing an artery, the man stumbled to the ground and hit his head on a rock.

rolled 1d6 and got a natural 4. After the modifier of +6, got 10
Sepatazi slashes at the guard.

Klaus grunts and turns holding out his Lords Allience badge, not wanting to speak or else the guard may think it was a fake. But as the guard approached he put his sword away, You're from the Embassy? The guard asked, examining the Badge. "Of course I am, now please tell your meant to put away their damn weapons." Looking back, the woman was gone and probably halfway across town by now.

((Yeah that makes sense Grey, and sure Sepatazi that can be the guards stats...
Hey since my character is a knight would you two object to 2D6+20Health? Or 1D10+20Health??))

Edit: The guard says Klaus is good to go but they must take down the well known assassin, this is when Klaus face palms at his low rolls. "But he was trying to help you guys..." But to stick to his Lawful Neutral, Klaus can not attack the guards as they attack his new friend Sepatazi...

Advantage because Klaus is in the Lords Alliance.

((Yes 1d10 + 20 will work since he is a knight.))

Seeing the guards turn thier attention back to him, Sepetazi attempts a disengage and tries to melt into the shadows of the alleyway.

Edit: Sepatazi flips into the alleyway and slips away undetected by the guards.

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 20. After the modifier of +3, got 23
Dexterity check for disengage, must be 16 or higher.

((yeah 1d10+ 20 makes sense))

Grey saw Sepatazi slip into the alleyway. She stayed absolutely still, hoping that he would not detect her. Although she was invisible, she was worried that he might be able to hear her breathing. She prayed that he would continue walking and leave the alleyway.

Sepatazi melted into the shadows and for a moment he swore he heard breathing coming from the shadows.
((Do a contest dexerity check to see if I detect you or not))
Edit: ((Never mind he didn't see you)) Sepetazi continued to walk through the shadows, only focused on avoiding another encounter with the gaurds.

rolled 1d20 and got 2
Perception check

Grey forced herself to stand up as Sepetazi walked away, still using the shadows the make herself invisible. She felt weak, still hurt from her recent fall. Deciding that it was not safe to stay so close to the assassin, she started to walk in the opposite direction.

She stepped out into the main street. Using her the shadows around her, she focused on creating an illusion that would help her blend in. The illusion changed made it look like she had long black hair and tan skin. She wrapped it around her forming a long dark dress that covered her damaged clothing. The illusion was quite convincing from a distance, but if someone were to look at her closely, they would be able to see the flaws in her disguise and could easily tell it was her. She lowered her head, staring at her feet and walking in the towards the edge of the town, limping slightly.

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 12. After the modifier of +3, got 15
Controlling shadows

Klaus headed to look for Grey, Investigating the area around using not only his natural senses but also his arcane awareness. He could sense she was on the Main Street but as he reach the street he couldn't see her, "COME ON OUT MISS GREY, SURENDER AND I WONT ALLOW THE GUARDS TO KILL YOU!!" Lord Klaus tried to keep his guard up, not knowing where she was. Must be some sort of illusion but without knowing where she was he couldn't even begin to attack without risking civilian injury.

((Sry were trying to get you Grey, you are a very polite adversary and I enjoy RPing with you both.))

rolled 1d10 and got a natural 2. After the modifier of +20, got 22
Health Roll

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 8. After the modifier of +6, got 14
Investigation Int3+Prof3

In the safety of the shadows, Sepatazi took a look in his satchel. In it, was the insignia of the leader of the Red Bands, which he had taken after he had killed him before running away. He had an idea.

He walked into the open street where the guards had cleared an area around the body, and he saw Klaus standing around the outer edge. When the guards saw him step out of the shadows, they all drew thier swords. Sepatazi put his hands up and walked into the middle.
"I'm so very sorry about this situation," He said, taking the Red Bands Leader Insignia out of his pocket. "You see, this is all a terrible misunderstanding. I am sure you have heard of the Red Bands, well I am thier guild Leader and I am here to on thier behalf to talk with the Lord about the dragon problem." He said very convincingly.

rolled 1d20 and got a natural 10. After the modifier of +5, got 15
Deception roll to fool the guards, must be higher than 15.

Grey looked up from the ground, her eyes landing on Klaus as he shouted in the streets. She bit her lip, hiding a smile as she walked right past Klaus, blending in with the civilians scattered around the street. She debated attacking him while she had the chance, but she was still injured and did not want to risk it. Her head was beginning to ache, since she was not used to using her powers for so long. She approached the edge of the town, where one guard was standing watch. She took a step forward until she was only a few steps in front of him, before she let her illusion drop and drew her dagger, attempting to slit the mans throat.

The guard was taken by surprise and did not even have time to shout for help as she slit his throat. He collapsed to the ground and Grey knelt beside him, quickly stealing his coin pouch. She turned and ran out of the town, hoping that she would be able to hide from any other threats in the forest beyond the town. She reached the forest and climbed a small tree, perching on one of the branches and looking back at the town.

((No worries, I am really enjoying this rp))

rolled 2d20 and got a natural 18. After the modifier of +6, got 24
Advantage because the guard was taken by surprise. Need 18 or more to kill

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » World of Dragons

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus