Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » World of Dragons

Grey (played anonymously)

Everything happened so quickly, she could barely understand what was going on. When Klaus spoke to her, she had been leaning against the rock, her eyes squeezed shut to try and stop the ringing in her head. She opened her eyes feebly as Klaus stood up and pointed upwards. She had no idea what his plan was, but there was nothing she could do to ask him. Suddenly, he ceiling began to shake and started to collapse upon the dragon.

A rock smashed down, barely missing her legs and Klaus grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the edge of the mountain. She did not have enough strength to resist as he jumped from the mountain, pulling her with him over the edge. When Klaus kissed her, she almost pulled away in surprise before kissing him back as they plummeted to the ground. Klaus pulled away and she closed her eyes, ready to smash into the ground which was rapidly approaching. It never happened. When she opened her eyes wings surrounded the two of them and they were drifting down to the ground.

As soon as they reached the ground, Grey landed on her feet and stumbled forward, almost falling but managing to grab a nearby rock and balance herself against it. She immediately looked upwards at the mountain above them. She could still see clouds of dust and hear the crash of rocks falling above. "Klaus that was incredible! You saved my life" She said happily, turning to look at the prince. "Klaus?" She finally noticed the prince laying unconscious on the ground. "Klaus!" she shouted, stumbling forward and kneeling next to him. She leaned over him shaking his shoulder to try and wake him. "Klaus wake up. Please..Please get up." she begged.
With the over exertion of mana he would be passed out for the next four to six hours. Being close three in the morning now that meant he wouldn't be waking up until at least eight am. As the Hours passed he stirred slightly but did not wake up, the sun began to rise at half passed six, stretching golden threads of light across the valley.

Grey did not leave his side while he slept. Sitting crosslegged on the ground she kept watch to make sure that no enemies tried to sneak up on them. She wasn't sure how well she could actually protect them since she was heavily wounded and exhausted, but she tried to stay awake anyways. After a few hours, her eyes began to droop and she yawned loudly. Perhaps she should sleep after all. Laying down on the ground she shut her eyes and fell asleep almost instantly.
The sun rose and the top of the mountain lurched, sliding backwards down the mountain crushing the entrance to the goblin caves. The loud noise woke up Klaus who found himself next to Grey on the back of an old merchant cart on there way back to the village. The merchants children were in the back raving about how awesome Klaus and Grey had been, by the time they got back to the village people had begun to cheer! Not only had they killed the Village Bane, but the goblin problem was relatively taken care of!

There was talk of asking these two heroes to start a guild here....

HP: 16/28

rolled 2d8 and got a natural 9. After the modifier of +7, got 16
Health Back.

((sorry I took so long to reply))

Grey awoke to the sound of loud voices. Klaus was already awake and sitting next to her in a merchants cart. Sitting up, Grey could see the village in the distance, growing closer with each passing second. They arrived at the village to be greeted by loud cheers and applause coming from the people of the village. Grey instantly seemed uncomfortable. She lowered her head, looking down at her hands nervously. She was no hero, and was not used to being greeted with cheers. Strands of white hair fell in front of her face and she shifted uncomfortably.

She overheard talk about the towns people asking them to start a guild and that frightened her even more then the cheers had. Leading a guild requires courage, confidence and leadership and the young women doubted that she would be able to help lead a guild. She was a thief after all. Looking at Klaus nervously, waiting to see what he decided to do.
Klaus laughed, before standing on th back of the cart. "Of course we will start a guild but I want everyone to be clear on my phrasing..." The crowd got quiet, and the village leader tilted his head to the side as Klaus continued. "I agree a guild would not only be safe for the valley, but placing it here would be a great idea. And I agree to help you start it up, but within a few months I'm going to move on, and I can't speak for Grey but I have places to see, people to meet. We'll help you get this Guild idea off the ground and help train some adventurers to run it but then I think it should be your guild town of... Anyway! Let construction begin!!"

The crowd was silent, rather confused by his speech and what any of it actually meant but after a few seconds a builder in the back began to cheer as did everyone else. And they looked at Grey as if she was a new person, of course a few people still hated her. But hopefully this Guild thing to fix all that.

Grey stayed seated as Klaus stood up, tilting her head upwards so she could look at the prince. Her face remained expressionless throughout most of his speech but once he finished speaking her face lit up and she grinned up at him. She would defiantly be able to stay for a few months to help create the guild. After all, she did not really have anything that she needed to do and her mother had yet to contact her about her next mission.

She stood up next to Klaus, stumbling a little and leaned against the prince to steady herself. She was still injured from their fight with the dragon and it hurt to stand up, but she was still grinning. From here she could see the faces of the people in the crowd. She could tell that many of the towns people hated her and almost all of them did not trust her, but she ignored the strange looks people were giving her. "So, how do we start?" she asked Klaus, still leaning against him to insure that she does not fall over.
"We build a hall, training area in the back, loot vault in the basement, bar on the first floor, guild housing on the second and third floors, then guild masters office and bedroom on the fourth." Klaus smiled, he knew nothing about architecture but with free housing the next few weeks flew by. And adventurers from all over the valley came to join the new guild. Named the Battlebrand Guild, it was seeming formed just in time... a Horde of Cloud Giants Castle had drifted down from the clouds two villages away from here. The leader, "The Cloud King" said to be trying to inforce crush tax. Either the villagers pay him on he crushes them.

Grey was long gone by the time the cloud king appeared. She had stayed with the guild for about a week, helping to build the guild and training new recruits to be stealthy and quick. But one night the demigod awoke to a shadowy being at the foot of her bed. She scrambled out of her bed, falling to her knees and bowing before the shadow, her forehead pressed against the ground. The shadow stepped forward, its red eyes flashing.

"Why have you disobeyed me child" the shadow said in a loud voice glaring down at Grey. "I told you to return as soon as you killed the dragon." Grey mumbled an apology, not looking up from the floor. "Save your breath." the shadow spat, "I have another mission for you. Meet me at the Cave of Lies. Do not fail me again." the shadow disintegrated, leaving Grey kneeling on the ground.

She wanted to stay. In fact, she had never wanted anything more, but she did not dare disobey the shadow. She gathered her things and quickly wrote a small note which she stuck to the door of Klaus's room. It read..
Klaus, I need to leave. I have been sent on another mission. I wish I could stay, but I really can not. I will be back as soon as I can. I am sorry. Grey. She was gone before the sun rose the next morning

For the next few weeks, Grey completed various tasks, stealing small relics, fighting monsters, exploring new areas but the entire time, she just wanted to go back to the village. The weeks passed without anything interesting happening, until she got a new mission, kill the Cloud King. Apparently the Cloud King had an ancient artifact which Grey needed to retrieve. The demigod was nervous to return to the village, but excited as well. She traveled for two days before arriving at the village. As soon as she arrived, she marched through the streets, searching for Klaus.
A Bard sat in the guild hall with the bartender. Atlas had ventured here from another village to see what the guild was all about, but the bartender Mars told him Klaus and four others had left three days ago for the village of Meed to deal with this Cloud Giant... but since there absence couriers said Meed had been destroyed and the Cloud Castle was moving further south and was improaching on the village just a days ride north of here.

Atlas was gifted with the short sword but also played an Arcane Ukelele, still no match for a Cloud Giant alone and with all four of the other trained adventurers from this town missing with Klaus, he didn't have much of a chance. That was until the human Bard saw the woman walk into the Guikd Hall, "hey girl, here for an adventure?" Atlas winked.

HP: 25

Str: 11 (+0)
Dex 15 (+2)
Con 13 (+1)
Int 9 (-1)
Wis 14 (+2)
Cha 18 (+4)

Skills: Persuasion +6, Deception +6, Stealth +4, Arcana +1, Performance +6.

Cantrips: Vicious Mockery, Healing Word, Fire Bolt.

(2per Day) 1st Spells: Burning Hands, Charm Person, Detect Thoughts.

After wandering the streets for a while, a friendly villager had pointed her in the direction of the guild. She walked into the guild hall, looking left and right. She almost expected Klaus to be inside training some new recruits and her heart sank when she saw he wasn't there.

Upon hearing the man speak, Grey raised her eyebrow, looking at him with a curious expression. Before answering, she walked forward and sat down in the seat across from him. She was dressed in a tight black shirt, black pants and her usual black boots. Her dark outfit made her pale white skin stand out.

"Actually, I am here looking for a friend. Perhaps you have met them. Their name is Klaus, leader of this guild. Ring any bells?" She asked, leaning back in her chair. She motioned for the bartender and when he came over she ordered a beer, before turning her attention back to the man.
"Heard of him, never met him I arrived this morning." Atlas scratched his head, "if we get another person or two and we could go north to see if there alive."

She tilted her head, confused by the his comment. "What do you mean? Isn't he here?" She asked, trying not to let her concern show in her voice. Grey had expected Klaus to be with the guild and she had no way of knowing that he had already left.
Atlas shrugged, "that's what the bartender said... right Mars?" And the bartender nodded as Atlas turned back to Grey. "Apparently there was a big threat two villages north of here about some Cloud Giant family bring there castle south, they threatened to destroy the town unless they got some sort of tax and so Klaus lead four or five others north and the latest news was that the town of Meed was destroyed..."

The bartender refilled Atlas's drink, Fire Brand Whiskey on the Rocks. Taking a sip he coughed and a small flash of fire appeared from his mouth, "this Cloud King and his family either killed the guild leader and his followers, or they were captured. I'd say a rescue mission is in order." Atlas took another sip of the drink and two small lines of smoke began coming from his ears, "what do you say? Head north to gather more to fight this Cloud King or gather people here then head north??"

So Klaus had already left to fight the Cloud King? She tried not to worry but she could not help feeling a little nervous. She knew Klaus could take care of himself, but if what this man said was true, then Klaus could be captured or even dead. Trying not to let her concern show, she leaned back and forced a grin.

"Wait a moment, why do you even think that I would be willing to go on a rescue mission? For all you know I could be a proper lady who has never set foot outside of this village before." her statement was contradicted by the fact that she was dressed in obvious thieves attire and various cuts on her arms that looked like sword wounds. She paused a second then laughed. "Nah, I am just joking. A rescue mission sounds pretty interesting and I don't have anything better to do." she did not tell the man her real reason for wanting to go on this mission because she did not quite trust him yet.

The bartender came over and put a standard beer in front of her. She picked it up, taking a few sips before putting it back down. "My name is Grey by the way. And you are?" she asked the man.
His eyes flashes blue slightly, like the fire he coughed earlier, "Atlas Emberson!" He sang his name, which in the moment was odd but he had cast Detect Thoughts learning all about Crimscythe the red dragon, the Elven prince, the kiss that made Grey fall for him, her fears that he may not actually have a crush on her, the creation of the guild, and most of all the shadow woman.

"So, who is the shadow woman?" Atlas asked, not really any regard to giving away the trick he just pulled. He wasn't one for secrets and he didn't much believe in privacy of others so why hide the new info he learned. "Why do you work so hard to please what I'm pretty sure looks like a shadow demon... we could probably take her."

Grey was taken aback by his blunt question. It took her a moment to realize what he was asking her but as soon as she did she looked at him with a shocked expression on her face.How did he know all of this? No one else knew, how could he. Unless, could he read her mind? But he could not have done that, right?

"How do you know that" she said through gritted teeth, glaring at Atlas. She was not about to tell him the truth, but if he really could read her mind he would surely be able to tell who the shadow was. She tried to stop thinking about the shadow, but she could not push the thought out of her head. Ah well, he could probably tell what she was thinking anyways so she might as well tell him the truth.

"Its not a shadow demon and trust me you could not take her. That shadow is my mother, Nighe and she is not to be messed with" she said, "And do not read my mind again." she muttered, glaring at Atlas.
"As a fellow human I respect your request," he smiled. "But from your thoughts and memories of this maternal figure I am pretty sure she is a Shadow Demon using you and other female rogues as puppets to do her bidding on this world..." He looked down at his Ukelele and began to tune it slightly before strumming it once or twice and looking back. "It's up to you, in any account the Cloud Giant could kill us both and we have to kill that guy before your demon mom contacts you again anyway right?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » World of Dragons

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus