Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Hide and Seek (1x1)

Sterling Argentum (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

He ate quietly, watching the cheese and crackers vanish; though he made sure to leave enough for Jonah. It wasn't lost on him the kid's quietness.

"You sure you don't want to call your brother?" Sterling asked and glanced around the room. "There's a phone over there." He pointed to the hallway where a phone rested on a small end table.
Jonah Haynes (played by LexiSama)

Jonah looked at the phone and then at the floor. "If I called from here it would likely endanger the lady.." He said simply and sighed. He knew his family could trace the numbers he called from, and he didn't want them to come here looking for him.

Sterling nodded and slumped back against the couch. "I understand. Nice of you to think of the lady though."

He yawned and then looked out the window. "I would say head to the payphone, but given there's at least one vampire lurking out there, I'm rather hesitant to give it a try."

Jonah curled up on the couch, sighing a bit. "I'll call him in the morning.. I'm not in the mood to deal with those pests again right now." He muttered, growling quietly to himself. He had enough of dealing with vampires and really didn't want to tire himself out like that again.

Sterling agreed with that and quickly fell into a deep sleep. It was amazing how being behind a locked door at night could improve his sleeping habits.

By the time morning dawned, however, he was up and peering out the window. But all he saw outside was the usual traffic of people passing by.

"Well, looks like everyone survived the night."

Jonah got up and stretched. "Should we head out?" He scratched his ears and brushed his fingers through his tail, and peeked out the window. He wondered if his brother would be mad at him for not calling, but he figured it didn't really matter whether he was or wasn't.

"Probably." He had put the tray and whatever was left back in the kitchen and then headed for the door. "What is your plan, Jonah? Since I'm no longer hunting you there's no reason for me to follow you around." He made a face; he didn't particularly want to be a bodyguard. Then again, if Jonah followed him around, there would be the whole "hunting" thing to consider. "How old are you anyway?"

Jonah shrugged and sighed. "I'm not entirely sure what I'm gonna do, but I'll be okay on my own. Hanging out with you has helped me gain some valuable experience and I've learned a few things about myself, so I should be able to take care of myself for a while." He grinned a bit. "And I'm fifteen, will be sixteen in a few months." He yawned.

Sterling hurriedly shoved away the feelings of warmth at Jonah's admission of having learned something. He slung the crossbow over his shoulder, saying gruffly, "Well, just don't try hunting vampires on your own. Take someone with you who can at least watch your back. Perhaps your brother, if you can find him; you two would make a goo-interesting team. You should look me up, then. I might have work for you two."

Jonah grinned some more. "Don't worry, I have no intentions of getting involved with vampire hunting anymore, unless I get attacked or if I see someone getting attacked." He opened the door and stepped out, stretching his legs and looking around. "You should try to take it easy, every now and then, otherwise your gonna grow real old real fast." He laughed a bit.

He almost spluttered for a moment, before drawing himself up. "I'm not old. I'm experienced. And besides, vampires aren't going to stake themselves." But he understood the sentiment behind the words.

He stepped out from the doorway, closing the door behind him, and looked around. He didn't mind the sunny day, especially after last night's craziness.

"Good luck, Jonah. Try not to get into too much trouble. I'd hate to have to track you down again." He hoisted the crossbow higher on his shoulder. Not that he minded the kid. Jonah had actually kind of grown on him.

Jonah playfully shoved Sterling. "Good luck to you too, Sterling. Its been fun! See ya!" He ran a few feet away before turning to wave and then ran off. He didn't know why but he had a feeling their paths would cross again.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Hide and Seek (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus