Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Hide and Seek (1x1)

Sterling Argentum (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

"They're hungry," muttered Sterling, trying to dodge around Jonah and the young woman in order to block the incoming vamp.

The vamp gets a shade too close to Jonah, but it's eyes aren't focused on the kid but on the woman.

The woman falters briefly, not willing to run toward the vampire.
Jonah Haynes (played by LexiSama)

Jonah growled loudly, his eyes glowing. "Stay away from her!" He got in front of the woman and lashed out at the vampire with the stake. He wasn't scared, though he knew he should be, he was just angry.

The vampire hissed in mid-lunge for the woman as Jonah suddenly popped out in front of him, cutting off his path to the target. The stake, furthermore, enters his chest cavity and he explodes in a poof of ash.

"Keep going," Sterling yelled at them from behind. Two more shadows were following, but he wasn't about to let them pass.

The good news was that they had reached his crossbow now, so he picked that up and began systematically to reload it. The young woman recovers enough to point to the right. "That-that way is my house."

Jonah turned right and ran, holding onto the woman's hand. "Which way now?" He looked at her, his eyes were still glowing, but it was a faded glow. He was losing energy fast, but he forced himself on, for his sake and the woman's.

"S-second house on the left." She pointed to the house just across the street, one block down. And then fumbled for her keys which are attached to her purse that somehow hasn't been lost in the chaos.

"Just go!" Sterling yelled, bearing a stake in each hand. "Get inside when you get there and don't come out." He'd slung his crossbow over his shoulder since loading it would be inopportune at the moment.

Jonah nodded and ran towards the house. "Hurry with the key, we're almost there!" He glanced behind them at Sterling for a moment and then looked back towards the house. He was starting to breath a little heavy and his vision was getting blurry.

Another couple of strides and they were at the door. The woman finally got her key in hand and she hurriedly unlocks the door, pulling it open and flicking on a light switch as she dashed inside. She pulled Jonah in after her, and then peered out, to see if Sterling will come.

But Sterling has turned his back to the door, stakes in his hand, and two vampires bearing down on him. "Lock it!" he yells at them.

Jonah moved forward and shut the door, locking it. "He can handle it.. I think.." He was uneasy and exhausted. He sat down, rubbing his eyes and trying to stay awake. "Ugh.." He passed out after a moment, much to his dismay.

The woman panicked a little when the kid passed out, and she tried to shake him awake. "Hey, please wake up. Please?" But she kept the door locked.

Sterling ducked the first vampire, slamming a stake into its chest and turning it to ash, when the second vampire hissed and fled. Sterling grabbed for his crossbow this time, loading it and then heading for the house where Jonah and the woman had vanished.

He doused the door in holy water before knocking, and the woman let him in then pointed at Jonah's unconscious form.

Jonah twitched a bit at being shaken but didn't wake up, he had overworked himself to much, it was going to be a little while before he would be fully recovered. He started to snore a bit, curling up to get more comfortable.

Sterling juggled the stakes and the crossbow in his hands, before realizing that the young woman had gently picked up Jonah and carried him over to a couch in the small house.

"You're alright?" he asked the woman

The young woman nodded. "I-I will be. Did you...get them?"

Sterling nodded. "Yes. If you don't mind, we'll stay until Jonah wakes."

The woman shook her head. "I don't, thanks." She offered a small smile and patted Jonah's head. "He saved me." Then she wandered off to the kitchen to get some food for them. Sterling sat on another couch and kept an eye on the windows.

Jonah hugged his tail and made himself comfy on the couch, snoring some more. Due to everything that happened he was completely wiped out.

Sterling suddenly realized the time; wasn't Jonah supposed to call his brother back in an hour? Well, an hour was quickly coming up. He gently reached over to shake Jonah.

"Hey, kid, you need to call your brother, right?"

Jonah groaned and opened his eyes a bit. "I do but.. I've already figured it out.." He yawned and closed his eyes. "No point in getting him in trouble.." He started to doze off, unable to stay awake.

"Then...what was it?" Sterling asked, curious in spite of himself.

Jonah would've answered, but he was already fast asleep again. He really ought to learn some restraint for next time.

Sterling sighed and then sat back on the other couch. The young woman returned and carefully set some cheese and crackers out for the two "guests" before retiring to her room.

Sterling sprawled out on his couch and set the crossbow down on the floor. Nothing was going to come through the door; it would have happened already if something was going to try.

Jonah raised up a bit, smelling the cheese and crackers and opened his eyes. "Food.." He yawned and picked up a piece of cheese, popping it into his mouth and chewing. He was still sleepy, but if he ate he wouldn't have to sleep for a little while.

"Help yourself," Sterling murmured to Jonah. "The lady you saved is letting us spend the night. Even so, I'd hope to be gone by morning."

He tucked into the cheese and crackers too, hungry in spite of the late hour.

Jonah looked at Sterling. "Alright.." He munched on a cracker, staring at the floor. He felt a little bad about not calling his brother, but he was sure Graham would understand if he knew what happened.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Hide and Seek (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus