Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Hide and Seek (1x1)

Sterling Argentum (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

Sterling rolled his eyes. "I'm not going to let you get bit. Just don't purposely fling yourself at them if you can help it. I'd rather not accidentally skewer you in addition to a vampire."

He looked around them then. "This is probably as good a place as any. Oh, one more thing, try not to lose sight of me. And if I yell duck, flatten yourself to the ground. I think that's everything." He nodded. "It shouldn't be too long before we find some vampires."
Jonah Haynes (played by LexiSama)

Jonah nodded and looked around, his ears twitching. "I hear a lot of movement, but it sounds like scurrying rats.." He shivered, he had a deep hatred/fear of rodents of any kind. One of the rats scurried past his foot, causing him to jump up and scream like a little girl.

Sterling would have shot the rat, had it been bigger. Instead he narrowly avoided pressing the trigger,which was good because a shadow flickered on the far end of the alley behind Jonah. A vampire had come at the shriek.

"Just a rat; they'll leave you alone unless you have food." Which, speaking of, he did have that extra burger on him. "Hungry?" he asked Jonah, purposely not pointing out the vampire that lurked in the shadows--too far to get a clean shot at.

Jonah hid behind Sterling, glaring at the rat. "A bit.." He paused, his ears twitching slightly. "That can wait though, we have company." He growled quietly, his green eyes taking on a slight glow, which he was completely unaware of.

Sterling handed the spare burger over to Jonah. "Here, something to keep you busy."

He glanced at Jonah to see his eyes glinting green. And blinked before turning back to where he'd last seen the shadow. It was gone now. Moved on.

Sterling turned slowly, keeping the crossbow ready and uncapping the canteen of holy water just in case. His eyes searched the shadows for movement.

Jonah took the burger and discarded the paper wrapper. "Thanks." He took a huge bite out of it and chewed, it was probably the most delicious thing hes eaten in weeks. His eyes slowly lost the glow and he looked around a bit, pieces of the burger stuck all over his face. He has horrible eating manners, but he blames his childhood for that.

Sterling wasn't really paying attention to Jonah's eating habits; and he couldn't fault the kid after hearing what he had of his childhood--or what was left of it.

"Slow down and chew," he advised, catching another flicker of movement out of his peripheral vision. Actually, this was probably as good a time as any to be playing "vampire bait".

Jonah quickly devoured the burger and licked his lips. "Time for a bit of fun.." He smirked and stretched his legs before darting off in a leisurely sprint, his eyes glowing once more. He was acting strange, well, stranger than usual and he was oblivious to it.

"Don't go too far!" Sterling barked at him, suddenly seeing a shadow flicker at the far end of the alley. He had his crossbow ready and could only hope that Jonah didn't dash too far ahead.

Jonah stopped and darted back towards Sterling, hoping the vampire would be dumb enough to follow. "Come and get me~!" He teased recklessly, sounding like a five year old playing tag or hide-an-seek. He wasn't being his normal self, it was like he was a different person. And his eyes still had that rather eerie glow.

The vampire didn't move for a moment, gathering itself as the half-demon kid taunted. And then it was moving forward at a good clip. A hiss escaped it, as it opened its mouth and prepared to pounce on Jonah.

Sterling needed only two quick steps to the left before he had a clear angle.

Ka-chunk. The vampire turned to ash before it could lay a claw on Jonah.

Jonah slowed his running down to a playful skip, grinning wildly. "That went better than I thought it would." He laughed and poked at the ashes with a stick, the glow slowly fading from his eyes. "One down, who knows how many left to go." He yawned and stretched his arms, his shoulders popping a bit.

That was when the second vampire attacked. Leaping for Jonah from behind, as the kid grew cocky.

Sterling looked up just in time to see the shadow spring from the alley's wall. "Jonah! Run!" But he couldn't do anything just yet; he was reloading the crossbow.

He tried to get the bow up, but the vampire was going to be faster.

Jonah turned quickly, the glow returning to his eyes in a sudden burst. "Sneaky pest.." He murmured, jumping up and kicking the vampire as hard as he could, which was hard enough to knock it about three feet away. "Hurry up and kill it!" He growled, sounding rather impatient and a little annoyed.

He had a better grip on his crossbow this time and he fired just as the vampire lunged a second time.

The bolt was no sooner loosed than Sterling had the crossbow down and was loading it again. He was getting a workout today.

The vampire, once again, dissolved into ash.

Jonah sat down, breathing heavily and clutching his head in his hands. He was getting tired so quickly and he didn't even know why. "That was..too close.." He said after a moment of being completely silent and looked at the ashes with a bitter glare.

Sterling moved closer to Jonah, seeing that the kid was losing energy fast. "Hey, you okay? Maybe we should call it a day--er, night."

If they lingered out here too long, he wouldn't put it past a vampire to take another pass at them. He had plenty of bolts, but that wasn't what he was worried about.

Jonah forced himself to his feet and sighed deeply. "I'm fine, don't worry about me.. Just keep shooting the pests." He mumbled and turned away, scratching his ears. He didn't want to admit something was wrong with him, but he couldn't help but wonder what the heck was compelling him to act like that.

"No, you're not fine. You can't afford to be slow on the job. Come on. I've more than made some money anyhow with just two. Let's go." He tried to grab for Jonah's arm, intending to haul him out of the alley and back to civilization. Or at least street lights and relative safety.

Jonah pulled his arm away and walked past Sterling and out of the alley. "Fine fine.." He grumbled, wobbling a bit as he walked. He wanted to growl at himself for being so weak but didn't feel like wasting the little energy he had left.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Hide and Seek (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus