Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Hide and Seek (1x1)

Sterling Argentum (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

It's good enough for a shot. Ka-chunk. The vampire, having not expected the kid to move like that, scrabbles for purchase on the road to turn around and has to pause in one spot just long enough for the bolt to lodge in his side.

With a hiss, it tries to move forward again, the bolt caught in its shoulder, not its chest.

"Darn it," Sterling dropped the crossbow and flung himself across the distance, drawing a stake from his trench coat. "Run, Jonah!"
Jonah Haynes (played by LexiSama)

Jonah nodded and ran away as fast as he could, which was at a reduced speed due to the woman on his back. "Hang in there!" He shouted to Sterling, hoping the hunter would be able to kill the vampire quickly, without getting bit.

The vampire hissed and then turned on Sterling, who grinned. "Let's try this the easy way--"

The vampire lunged for him and only through his quick reflexes did Sterling sidestep and dump holy water on the creature. It hissed in pain, turning just enough to bare its chest--and Sterling ramrodded the stake through its heart.

"Die in a fire." The vampire bared its fangs in a dying hiss and then turned to ash. Sterling coughed as he inhaled some and then went after Jonah.

The woman was unconscious, but fine. She began to stir a little on his back, a slight groan escaping her followed by a string of incoherent words.

Jonah stopped and gently put the woman down. "Its okay, you're safe now." He smiled and looked over at Sterling, who was headed his way and was relieved to see he was okay. "That was a little too close." He sat down and scratched his head.

Sterling nodded as he caught up to Jonah. "Far too close than was good." He realized he left the crossbow behind and sighed. Oh well, he could get it later. "You and the lady okay?"

He crouched down beside the woman, double checking her neck and arms. The woman flailed a bit as though expecting another attack and Sterling stepped back to look at Jonah. "Good thinking to grab her though."

Jonah grinned. "I'm fine, and I think she's okay, just in shock." He stood back up and stretched. "Well it would have been trouble if I had just left her there. And it wouldn't be right to leave someone alone in that situation when they can't defend themselves." He wagged his tail, feeling pretty proud of himself.

Sterling smiled. "You did great, Jonah. Thank you." Heaven knew he wouldn't have been able to do the same thing had been by himself.

The woman sat up a little, hugging her knees to her chest and looking terrified. Sterling didn't look at her directly.

"Did you figure out what your ability might be yet?

Jonah wagged his tail more, apparently liking being praised. "Heh, kinda, but its not really an ability. And I doubt anything good will come from it." He offered his hand to the woman, intending to help her up and help her get home. "I think I have a split personality, one is the part of me thats human and the other is the part of me thats a wolf demon.." He sighed a bit.

"Come on, now, that's no way to think of your abilities. You'll turn into a nasty piece of work if you keep on with that. And as much fun as it is to track you down, I'd really rather not have to finish the job. Maybe you can concentrate more on which half you want to develop?"

The woman hesitated and then took the kid's offered hand to stand up. Her eyes were wide, but she seemed to calm a little at the contact. And then once she was standing, she engulfed him in a hug, burying her head into his shoulder. "Thank you."

Jonah was about to answer Sterling's question, but was stopped by the woman's sudden hug. "N-no problem! You should really be more c-careful at night." He was blushing brightly and stuttering a bit, completely unable to move at the moment.

Sterling bit back a laugh, turning it into a cough at Jonah's sudden embarrassment.

The young woman hastily pulled back. "I-I-I'm sorry! I just..." she looked ready to cry. "I want to go home."

Sterling sighed and looked at her. "Where is your home? We can probably walk you there if you'd like."

"Just two blocks that way." She pointed back the direction they had come. On the one hand, Sterling could pick up his crossbow. On the other hand, there could be more vampires.

Jonah took a moment to compose himself and then sighed a bit. "We'll probably have to run to get there, walking normally could be fatal if there are anymore vampires around." He scratched his head, still a little red in the face. He wasn't used to being hugged, much less hugged by a woman.

Sterling grimaced. "Yeah, running might not be a bad idea this time. But we're in a group so they'll be less likely to take us on. Hopefully. What I am going to do, is give you all a stake. If something comes to close, just swipe with it. It'll make 'em back off, but not kill 'em. I'll follow behind. Is that a plan?"

He handed one to Jonah and the other to the young woman who's hand shook. She obviously didn't want it, but her hand closed tightly around it. And she clung to Jonah's arm, as though he might flee from her.

"Alright, are you guys ready? I might recommend walking first; if you see shadows moving, then run."

Jonah took the stake and nodded, his face remaining red due to the woman clinging to him. "Y-yeah.." He was nervous, more so than usual. He started walking, keeping a close watch on all the shadows and listening closely for the vampires.

Sterling followed behind, his eyes searching the shadows in front of them, as well as behind them. If they were attacked, it probably wouldn't be by just one vampire.

But all was silent for the moment. Nothing moved or hissed. And the young woman clung tightly to Jonah's arm, terrified, breath coming raggedly as she looked around her.

At last they came to the spot where the ashes of the vampire Sterling had staked lay. Sterling could see his crossbow ahead of them. And then a shadow moved.

Jonah saw the shadow and glanced at Sterling and the woman. "I think now is a good time to run." He said as calmly as he could, trying not to scare the woman more than she already was.

Sterling nodded. "Not too fast, don't trip. Keep your stakes ready. Go."

He would follow behind them until they reached his crossbow, at which point he'd fall behind to pick it up.

Jonah started running, not too fast but fast enough, he watched for the shadow again. He tightened his grip on the stake, ready to use it if needed. He hoped that they wouldn't be attacked again, he knew if they were he would have to get the woman out of there again.

The woman easily kept pace with Jonah, it was clear she was just as eager to get through this trap. And then the first shadow made a pass at them.

The woman shrieked and cringed into Jonah, but Sterling was there, ready with his stake, and the passing vampire was nothing more than ash.

"Keep going!" he yelled at them. Even as he saw another vampire running towards them.

Jonah put his arm around the woman to comfort her and kept running. "These pests are relentless.." He growled lowly, getting angry, but trying to stay calm so he could think clearly.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Hide and Seek (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus