Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » The Hobbit

Darth_Angelus Moderator

After almost as many delays as Duke Nukem Forever, The Hobbit has finally started filming! :D

Link

Excited to see these two movies, my parents read the book to me when I was a kid and the Lord of the Rings movies are on my favourites list :)
I grew up with this kind of stuff. I love the Hobbit and LotR and I can't wait! .L
Ilmarinen Moderator

Do you know how excited I am for this movie. DO YOU. OH MY DIO AAHHH.

AHHH.
Keep your horns on, Heimdall!

I am quite excited, too, though! I was always more fond of The Hobbit than I was of the Lord of the Rings (one of my minor nerd-shames), and I'm terribly pleased that movies of as high a level of excellence as the LotR trilogy will be made for what I feel is one of the best tales I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

I'm not sure how I feel about splitting it into two films, but I'm sure they will both be masterpieces!
Darth_Angelus Topic Starter Moderator

Well, the way I see it, the first movie will be most of the book, then the second movie will be the Battle of the Five Armies ;)

Some photos from the set have already surfaced.

Link
Ooooooo =O

I love the LOTR films, and the books of course! I'm curious about this one.
Personally I would have sat through another three films if it meant they wouldn't have cut or changed so much of LotR... I'm a nut. I like to marathon all three extended versions every so often.
Kim Site Admin

Heimdall wrote:
Do you know how excited I am for this movie. DO YOU. OH MY DIO AAHHH.

AHHH.

I second this. I second it about a thousand times.

AHHHHHHH.
The Hobbit is one of my top favorite books (only shame is I don't own the big version with the full color pictures I always read from the library). I have high expectation for this movie. And I'd just learned to lower my expectations recently so I wouldn't be disappointed so often by movies. But it's The Hobbit and those guys are making it. It has to be good, right? Maybe Gimli will have a cameo at the end .... I wonder if they'll use the same guy for his dad as was in The Fellowship of the Ring movie? And the elves should be different this time around if they stick to the book(because they changed between The Hobbit and LoTR).
I am happy.

This past week they have been releasing images of the dwarves in costume.

Link

It's not all of them yet, but it's exciting and I can't wait for the movie.
f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
Personally I would have sat through another three films if it meant they wouldn't have cut or changed so much of LotR... I'm a nut. I like to marathon all three extended versions every so often.

This. Applied to everything.

What has it got in its pocketses?

A trailer, precious!

We wants it.
I must say that I, too, am awaiting for it's theatrical release.

Though on a side note, I rather enjoyed the Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows film. Alas it has left the brilliant movie with a ? ending. :)
Omg I came over here to post this and you beat me to it Darth. I fangirled all over that Trailer. I also prefered the Hobbit to LoTR when I was a kid, cannot WAIT to see this movie!

Sherlock, I really enjoyed the Game of Shadows too! I figure they left it that way to ensure they could make another if they wanted. Probably depends on how much money this one makes.
I am hoping it does well for another. Due to that this Professor Moriarty had to of been funded by another in order to buy out all those large factories to create such heavy artillery in mass production. And not only for that, but for 'future' wars due to the delay that Holmes had Watson and Sim carry out with Reves. He never seemed at all worried about funds, until that particular statement Holmes mentioned.

So that would lead me to believe that there is another party involved. Especially since this time era was done to be after the French Revolution.

But now back to The Hobbit. I hope they stay true to its roots and not stray too far. Either way, I will be attending its soonest release in Alaska upon my return.
This thread is relative to my interests. CONTINUE...
Ahhhhh I cannot WAIT to see this, and I can't think of a better Bilbo Baggins than Martin Freeman. :D
SO SO excited..... :D another trailer
So I came across something funny and interesting in regards to The hobbit a....boycott....seriously
Yuka

Zhi showed me the trailer. The song gives me the creeps. While I have not read the books, I am so seeing it when it comes out <3

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » The Hobbit

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus