Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dying Threat(Closed)

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

"Just a few days ago." Heinrich said. "It was before you returned." He added. "Why?" Heinrich questioned.
Melstrum (played by Dreath)

"Just trying to get a grasp on how this is working. If it is the same guy this raises many questions. Such as where could he have the bodies these reports declare. Plus these chimera creatures. What are they?" He says pondering. "Oh." He snaps back. "I'm sorry my lord. I didn't mean to doubt you."

"Meh." Heinrich responded, not particularly upset at the questions. "I assume this necromancer found a communal grave near the boarder. Or the Necromancer and his accomplice have a farther reach than we thought." Heinrich said. "As for those Chimeras. I fully intend to find out." He said. "If we can capture one alive, I'm certain the Emperor's Mages, Alchemists, and Scientists can figure the beast out." Heinrich said.

"That's the thing sir. I doubt such a creature will come quietly. They seem able to fight until you kill them. But I hope you're right." He says heading to the door. "I shall arm up. Which gate shall we be leaving from sir?" He asks ready to leave and prepare.

"We'll figure something out on the way to Taryl. I've got several spell books packed that we can review." Heinrich said. "We will be leaving through the west gate." Heinrich said. "You may go now." Heinrich added as he went to collect the rest of his things.

He salutes. "Yes sir." He marches off going to the armory. When he gets out he sighs as he goes to see Jackie in her room. As he walks there he ponders his situation. "Something is off." He says as he knocks on her door.

Jackie opened the door, seeing Wilhelm. "So what happened?" She asked. She soon noticed soem confusion on his face. "Everything ok?" Jackie asked.

"I'm going out with Councilman Heinrich. We're going to investigate reports of multiple of these chimera and potentially the Necromancer near and Elven trading post." He explains with the door closed. "You need to remain here." He explains.

"Wait, what?" Jackie asked. "You're going out to fight more of those things?!" Jackie asked. "I can't just stay here! Just one of them nearly killed you, me, and did kill several soldiers!" Jackie said. "I've gotta go with you!" Jackie said. "Heck, maybe I can even make up for screwing up before and help catch that Necromancer?" She offered.

"Yes but this is only reports. There could be one or more. Could be none. But now I know how to fight them. You know it caught us off guard last time and now I'll have Heinrich with me. These creatures won't stand a chance." He smiles. "Trust me you don't need to worry. But you're not coming. Heinrich instructed just me to join him. We don't want to risk causing an incident plus the less numbers we have the better. Easier to sneak around."

Jackie blinked. "B-But...." She began, before letting out a sigh. She glared at the ground. "Fine...." She said.

Wilhelm nods.
"Good Jackie. Now I'll be going now. Please don't do anything crazy. You seem a little distressed and I'd prefer you to not put yourself in harms way unnecessarily." He closes the door behind himself heading to the armory to get his gear then meeting with Heinrich.

A bit later, Wilhelm would just be arriving at the stables. Heinrich was already there. He'd prepared a horse drawn carriage. His belongings and supplies for the journey were packed in as well. Heinrich turned. "Greetings Wilhelm. Are you ready to go?" Heinrich asked.

Elsewhere in a dark chamber, heavy, metallic footsteps rang out, echoing on the cold stone floor. A tall figure clad head to toe in armor stomped through the chamber. "You summoned me, Master?" The figure asked, looking around the room. The figure's armor was old and worn, and had many animal pelts incorporated, indicating viking origins. The helmet was open faced and had a large pair of horns stuck from the top of the helmet. What little of the figure could be seen was wrinkled, old, and rotted. The being's eye sockets were empty, only having a pair of small glowing dots set in the being's empty eye sockets.

Wilhelm got on his horse and prepared to leave. "Yes sir. We'll get going immediately. I do hope you are wrong though. These creatures could be a threat." They soon start leaving on the almost three day trip to their outpost.

The dark chamber was barren and chilling. It was lit by several torches burning along a path leading to a pedestal like construct. Atop it was a shadowy figure seemingly merged in with the darkness yet having some form of body.
"Yes I did." It says in a deep voice echoing around the room. The figure couldn't be made out. It seemed to resemble a form of armored knight with two glowing golden eyes. "We may have a problem with one of our agents."

Once Heinrich was done preparing the two headed out.

A snarl escaped the being as his fists clenched. "Who is it?" He questioned. "Do you wish for me to kill them?" The being asked.

"Don't be so rash." He says as a small portal forms showing the Necromancer. "Kemler has been too foolish. He hasn't used enough caution and as such has been spotted and discovered again. Reports have gotten back to the capital of the Empire." He moves closer to the Revenant. "You're going down there to make sure he's working efficiently." He forms a fist. "If he is proven incompetent and unworthy of his actions. Well then. Take the needed action."

The being nodded. He looked at the image of the necromancer. A snarl escaped his mouth, before he turned to the shadowy being. "Yes, my Master. He will be dealt with one way or another." The being said. "Am I to leave now?" He asked.

"Exactly. Take a side view at first. Let it happen as you need. See how he works first. Now move onto your mission. I expect results from you." He says as the dark form dissolves and fizzles away leaving the Revenant alone with the light of the flames keeping the area lit.

The Revenant nodded. "It will be done my Master." He said as the figure disappeared. The Revenant turned and left.

Several hours passed as Wilhelm and Heinrich traveled. "So did your 'child' provide any trouble?" Heinrich asked Wilhelm as they traveled.

Wilhelm raises an eyebrow. "Strange time to bring this up after so many hours or travel." He says looking over the countryside. "Well no. Jackie was no hassle. She's a strong apprentice who knows what she's doing." He says cautious of what he says knowing Heinrich never truly liked her.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dying Threat(Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus