Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dying Threat(Closed)

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

The Chimera was able to throw Wilhelm one last time before it collapsed. It maintained its form for a few more minutes before its decayed body couldn't support its weight. The chimera's body caved in as it gave out one final pained roar before it grew silent and began to melt into the tar-like substance. The very few remaining guards encircled the giant pile of black stinking sludge. One went over to help Wilhelm up, as the rest tried to find any other survivors in the court yard. A few pulled Heinrich's unconscious body into the outpost to a healer. "Are you alright, Paladin?" Asked the guard who helped Wilhelm up.
Melstrum (played by Dreath)

Wilhelm got to his feet wiping hair from his eyes. Looking at the putrid mess of the Chimera he realized it was over. Looking about at the area it was all in ruined. The gates were shattered, corpses littered the area. So many guards had been slaughtered. Many buildings damaged and the battle didn't even finish off their foe. Wilhelm winced as he made his way to Heinrich. As he moved he responded to the guard.
"I'll live." He says hurrying over to the unconscious councilman. Seeing breath he's relieved to know he's still alive. With a sigh of relief he feels the weight of the fight catch up and he collapses to his knees. Clenching his side he can feel the swelling. Likely some broken ribs.

Some Guards came over and helped Wilhelm to his feet, before leading him inside to get medical attention. "D-Wilhelm!" Jackie blurted, she tried to sit up, only to yelp in pain before a healer gently pushed her back down on the cot she was on. "Please stop trying to move!" The healer chastised. Heinrich was brought inside and laid down on a cot as well. "That thing outside thrashed him about pretty good." Spoke one of the guards. ""Wilhelm, are you ok?" Jackie asked, trying oncem ore to sit up before being pushed back down.

Wilhelm was conscious and heard Jackie's questions and worries.
"I'm fine. Well I'm alive Jackie." He was laid onto a bed and as healers came he directed them to Heinrich. "He's out cold make sure he's fine first." He says sitting up as his armor was removed. When his chest plate and underlying layers came off his bruises and blood spots were seen. He looked like he had taken a major beating. He began removing the rest of his armor with some assistance from the guards.

Jackie tried to get up once more, before being pushed back down by the healer yet again. "Stop trying to get up!" The healer said, clearly getting frustrated. "Your leg is broken, you've more than likely got broken or bruised ribs, I can't tell because you won't sit still, and most likely you have several more internal injuries since you've been coughing up blood since you got here!" The Healer said. "If you don't stop moving I'll have to tie you down!" The healer added. The healer sighed as Jackie still squirmed. "Please stay here." The healer said before approaching Wilhelm. "Can you walk?" She asked. "Your apprentice won't seem to sit still until you're with her." The healer said.

Several healers went to Heinrich. They removed his armor, only leaving the enchanted robes he, and all councilmen wore under their armor, that served as lighter more comfortable chain mail. The healers immediately went to work, using their magic to detect Heinrich's injuries and more directly heal him.

Wilhelm pulled himself up to his feet.
"Jackie for crying out loud just sit still. Last thing I need right now is you struggling and hurting yourself some more." He says and with a grunt sits on the bed next to hers. "Just sit still and let them work on you or I'll assist them with tying you down." He says rather aggressively before he sighs and his tone changes and softens. "Please. Just let them work." He says looking to her still somewhat on edge from the battle.

Jackie finally quit squirming once Wilhelm had told her to sit still. The Healer let out a releaved sigh before getting back to work. "What happened?" Jackie asked. "I know there were Chimera out there, but they didn't roar like that before.... and why was the ground shaking?" Jackie asked.

"Something else is going on. The Necromancer is dead. Betrayed I think by someone. Or something else. He fused the remains of those Chimera we fought with the Necromancer creating some stronger one. Almost killed both me a Heinrich." He looks off in thought. "But it seemed unstable. After a few minutes it began to decay and rot. It's dead now. The one who made it escaped. Same way as that Necromancer." He explains some more. He then looks to the others in the room discreetly. "I'll tell you more later. Rest up." He says laying back to rest his sore body.

Jackie listened as Wilhelm explained everything. It sounded horrifying. "Well, atleast it's dead." Jackie said, before looking up to the ceiling. They were in the infirmary with the healers for at least two days before Heinrich could move. Jackie had been mostly healed up, but she still had a limp and a broken arm, which would go away once she finished healing on her own. Heinrich's injuries had the most success in being healed. He'd been almost completely broken when the Chimera was done with him. His armor was crushed and would no longer fit him once it was off. He still had a broken arm, several broken ribs, and dozens of bruises and scars. Wilhelm had been almost entirely healed, but he had managed to get the least injuries.

The three Paladins had prepared to leave and left the infirmary. Potillo stopped them. "Sir knights, and Apprentice, I would like to personally thank you for your help. I fear casualties would have been far higher had you not been present." Potillo said. She was clearly exhausted and upset, but was doing her best to keep herself together.

Wilhelm had healed rather well. Mainly some bruising was all that was left. Heinrich was worse though. With his left arm in a cast and needing to wear simply robes as his armor would need buffering and repairs done he was hardly well off. But he was alive and given time would recover. Wilhelm had bandages over his left shoulder and chest to keep pressure on the inner wounds helping them to heal faster. They were preparing to leave by cart when Madame Potillo came out. Heinrich greeted her and took some solace in her words.
"Paladins Madam. And sadly it's true. With those chimera you would all be dead." He looked over the outpost being repaired. Gates were still being built but thankfully they had the supplies and could at least set up make shift gates for now. More guards were brought on from a nearby Elven settlement. Not many just what could have been spared when this trouble was heard of. But the extra men would help. "I'm sorry for the loss of your guards. They were good men." The one who went scouting was never heard from and in his mind Wilhelm assumed he was killed if not by Chimera than by the one who led that attack. That deep voice sounded so familiar. But why would he think that? He shook off the feeling. "Madame Potillo I will see to it that Empire soldiers are sent out this way. I'll make sure this settlement is built up stronger than ever." He says

Potillo nodded. "I would also like to provide you with two of the best Stallions I was able to get. I doubt the horses you came with are still alive, and if they are, they probably fled, along with a good portion of our own horses, when the undead attacked." Potillo said, indicating two new horses that were hooked up to a carriage. "I would also like to give you some supplies for the trip back to your Capital. It's not much, but I was able to get what I could" Potillo said.

Wilhelm looks at the area before shaking his head to Potillo.
"Thank you Madam but I must insist you need them more than we do. We'll stop at a settlement on the way and restock there. Please keep them for yourself. Though the horses are appreciated." He says as he proceeds to mount one of them. "We should be going."

"Very well." Potillo said. She had a few guards move the supplies. Jackie helped Heinrich into the carriage before mounting the other horse. They said their goodbyes before heading off. "So what else was there you had to tell me?" Jackie asked.

Once the cart got out of the outpost Wilhelm got her to come closer.
"Something was odd about it. I still don't know why they attacked. Or even who they were. But they struck here for something. Considering their losses it seemed almost like a suicide strike." He says gazing forward his mind drifting to the new one who showed up. Why did he seem familiar. This feeling ate away at him.

"Oh." Jackie said, not quite sure what else to say. "Well hopefully they didn't get what they were wanting." Jackie said.

Elsewhere in a dark chamber, the echoing of the Revenant's footsteps were the only sounds in the chamber. "Master. I have returned." The Revenant said. "I have the book you seek." He said.

The two continued on their way Heinrich slept in the back. Out cold and resting as Wilhelm had hoped. It would take about a day to reach a settlement. But this was time to rest.

Green flames illuminate along the walls leading towards a dark and rather cold throne room. A series of taller torches lit up showing the room. The throne up the top of the room up a small set of stairs housed a figure which walked down.
"Ingar you never fail to impress me." He says his voice seemed rather young much like his appearance. He seemed like a regular human. He has jet black hair and brown eyes. He wore a dark cloak but the hood was pulled back showing his head. His gloved hand extended he waited to be given the book.

"Thank you my master." The Revenan, apparently named Ingar, said. He handed the figure the book. "Himler has been killed aswell." Ingar added. "His Chimera were pathetic, but I managed to make something of them. Though that Amalgam was sloppy. Could have done better had I been more patient." Ingar said.

"Oh Himler's dead? Oh well no big loss. He was a bit of a coward and frankly annoying. I assume you took him out?" He asks smirking to the now named Ingar. His smirk said it all. He knew before asking. Waiting for the response he looks inside the book smirking. His skin in the lime green flames looked slightly olive in color. The room where they stood had a circle or spiral pattern emerging from the center. The place seemed rather strange. Almost magical in appearance.

"Yes Master. His soul was the on I sued to create that amalgamation." Ingar said. "What is my next task?" Ingar asked, eager to get his next mission started.

"Patience my friend. At the moment I have some research to do. You are not needed at the moment." He grins as he sees something in the book. He closes it and puts it to his side. "I must be going. Francis would be wondering where I am soon." He pulls a small orb from his pocket. "You've done well so far. You'll soon have the fight you desire." He says shattering the orb on the ground and being covered in a smokey aura flies away.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dying Threat(Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus