Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dying Threat(Closed)

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

"What the hell is that thing?!" Yelped one of the scouts. "It's one of those chimera things." Jackie said. She was quiet observing the cave the Chimera had retreated into. "We should kill it and see what it's guarding." Jackie said. "No." Spoke the Sargent. "We're marking the map with the cave's location and falling back to the outpost." The Sargent said. "What, why?" Jackie asked. "It doesn't know we're here. I can climb through trees and get on top of the cave and throw a light spell into there. Then one of the archers can take out its eyes. Not only would it be out numbered but it'd also be blind. With it disabled like that we cou-" Jackie began. "Have you seen what that thing is capable of?!" The Sargent asked. "I've had men returned to the outpost from undead raids with one of those things. Some were literally torn to pieces. Others had been partially consumed. And even more had been horribly maimed, broken, and bent in ways human bodies simply should not be!" The Sargent explained. Jackie blinked, soon remembering what the first Chimera had done to the soldiers and her and Wilhelm. "We are falling back to the outpost and informing Madame Potillo and the Paladins once they return." The Sargent repeated, before marking the cave on the map. "Let's get moving." He ordered.
Melstrum (played by Dreath)

Back at the trading post the Paladins returned with the Dwarf. His cargo was sent to be processed and the Dwarf himself went off for medical attention. He was taken to an infirmary and being looked at by Elven medics. Meanwhile Wilhelm and Heinrich went to see Madame Potillo with their report. "Something is going on here but what?" Wilhelm asks as they climb the stairs to her room.

"I'm uncertain..." Heinrich said. The pair soon heard footsteps approaching. The Sargent quickly climbed the stairs, followed by Jackie. "What are you guys doing back here already?" Jackie asked. "I thought you guys would've been busy still." Jackie said.

"We could ask you the same. You had another three hours of area to explore before even returning. I assume you found something?" Wilhelm asks equally surprised about their early return. "We ended up having something come up." He says as they enter Madam Potillo's office.

"M'lady." Spoke the Sargent. "We have found a cave that was being guarded by one of those 'Chimeras' that had been sighted attacking our caravans." The Sargent explained. "We had followed a zombie that made its way to the cave before being eaten by the Chimera. We think the cave may lead to where the undead are hiding." The Sargent explained.

Wilhelm looked to the Sargent with a look of surprise.
"That confirms my fears of there being multiple. Heinrich already destroyed one. Now we know there's at least one more. This is troubling news indeed. But at least we know where they're possibly located. But the question remains." He looks over the now marked map. "Why're they here?"

"If I'm being fully honest, I don't care why they're here. I just want them gone so our Caravans can continue." Potillo said. "Sargent, have a few more scouts survey the area around the cave for more entrances. And have every available guard prepare for attack." Potillo said, before turning to face Wilhelm and Heinrich. "Once thye have moved out, I give you two full command of my troops." Potillo said.

"Madam Potillo I understand you're desperate to get rid of these attackers however we cannot move that many men to attack. I know this outpost has secured walls but one of those Chimera can tear their way through. If me and Heinrich are gone the few forces here will be slaughtered. Please." He says almost sounding to plead. "Let me and Heinrich take a team in. We can destroy the Chimera and kill this Necromancer ending this. Besides with last time how he escaped we can't risk it. A large force will cause too much commotion." He says feeling rather concerned for this plan. He doesn't want to risk failure and this Necromancer striking elsewhere.

"Even with all my men here I don't believe we would stand a chance against a full attack. Atleast not without you two here. I've been told the Hordes attacking our caravans have consistently been made up of, between, forty and fifty. Emphasis on consistently. The Necromancer in charge of these attacks has either enough undead to make up for the losses he's suffered, or has access to another source of dead to raise. At most I have a hundred men trained and ready to fight. If you two are leaving we might aswell send a full force to help. Particularly if the exit can be cut off, keeping the necromancer from escaping." Potillo said. "Perhaps resting on this would be a wise decision?" The Sargent offered. "From what I'm aware of, the Undead are sticking to their Caravan attacks." The Sargent said. "I don't believe they will decide to attack within a day. I suggest waiting until tomorrow to decide. Frankly I can see both sides of the issue. Without the Paladins here our men can't stand up to a full attack, so we might aswell not be here. But, If the undead do attack us, I alteast want to put as many of them back into the ground as possible." The Sargent said.

"That may be a wise decision. It allows us to scout out more areas. It's impossible to create a true Chimera without a Pilospher's Stone. Perhaps these Chimera more easily turn on their masters than a true Chimera." Heinrich said. "It's possible that Chimera fled its creator and is simply hiding in a cave?" Heinrich offered. "What about the zombie it ate?" Jackie asked. "Zombies aren't known for their inteligence. they run off base instinct and what ever orders are put into them by the necromancer that raised them. Perhaps the Zombie was sent to retrieve the Chimera, or simply was following a familiar scent." Heinrich offered.

"The philosopher stone is what is needed. There's no way he has one. Though how he created them I don't know." Wilhelm states gazing down. "As for the behavior of the Chimera they're basically savage beasts. The one me and Jackie fought cared not for the zombies or undead. It slammed them aside and would bite into one. They're in essence a tamed beast. But not well trained. They know their master is the Necromancer or whoever made them. But they consider the other undead little more then other creatures. No real sense of loyalty or bond." He quivered at the thought of several being here. "I suggest we lock up. Seal up the gates and put the outpost into full lock down." He states. Wilhelm seemed rather adamant. Before anyone could respond he raised his hand. "We killed one of their chimera and stopped a raid as far as we know. By now they likely won't take kindly to such an attack. I bet they'll retaliate tonight. We would be wise to prepare. Prepare and hope I'm over thinking." Wilhelm says turning to leave. This whole situation was just wrong. Something wasn't right.

Potillo thought. "Have the guards prepared for an attack." She said to the Sargent, who saluted before leaving. "Was there anything else that you needed to let me know?" Potillo asked Heinrich and Wilhelm. Heinrich shook his head. "Not that I'm aware of." He said.

"That is all from our report. I shall be planning for our attack." Wilhelm says simply this as he leaves. Heading down the stairs and towards the armory. If they had managed to track down the one they were hunting then Wilhelm wasn't going to let him escape. They would leave tonight to take him out and end this. As the order was given by Potillo soldiers would start to rally around the walls. A cold breeze washed over the outpost. An eerie sign of things to come.

"Good evening, M'lady." Heinrich said before he left. "Madame Potillo." Spoke one of the Honorguard. They'd entered the room shortly after the Paladins and Sargent had. "Perhaps we should further investigate the cave? Before we decide to send our entire guard regiment or the Paladins to it?" The Honorguard suggested. "I could easily sneak past the beast and gain entry into the cave. And as I'm sure you are aware, a member of the Honorguard would be more than capable of fending off a few undead." He added. Potillo thought for a moment. She'd seen, firsthand, how deadly the Elven Honorguard could be. She nodded. "Very well. I'll inform the Paladins." She said. "Do you need assistance?" Asked the other. The ifrst Honerguard shook his head. "No. Stay with Madame Potillo. She will need someone to keep her safe." He said. With that htey left Potillo's office.

"Paladin Wilhelm." Spoke Potillo as she entered the armory. "One of my Honorguard volunteered to further scout out the cave you found." Potillo said. "Perhaps it would be a wise decision for you and Paladin Heinrich to remain here until he returns?" Potillo questioned.

It wasn't long before the Honorguard had reached the cave. He'd taken a horse with him. He hopped to the ground from the Horse and walked to the mouth of the cave. The Chimera stepped out of the shadows, a vicious snarl escaping its mouth. "Stand aside beast!" The Honorguard ordered, a bright purple spell appearing in his hands. The Chimera let out another snarl, before backing away, allowing the Honorguard entry. "HIMLER!" The Elf called as he ran through the ruins. "HIML-" The Elf began before being silenced.

He was hoist of the ground by the neck. A snarl escaped the mouth of the Revenant, as his glowing eyes glared at the Honorguard. Behind the Revenant was a makeshift pallet with a few bags and items on it. "HIMLER! CALL YOUR ZOMBIE OFF!" The Honorguard managed to gasp. The Revenant's grip tightened. "I'm not one of Himler's Undead." The Revenant hissed as he drew his sword.

With his name called Himler wandered out to see the Revenant holding the Elf by the throat. He was lifted off the ground with ease. Not an easy feat but the undead soul had no issue doing so as he lifted him single handed. Himler growled as the Elf squirmed. He seemed to have a look of contempt for the Elf. But seeing the Revenant draw his blade he moved forward.
"Don't kill him!" He cried limping forward. "He's my agent!" He declares looking to the Revenant and hoping he would listen. The Chimera behind them snarl and look like dogs waiting to strike.

Wilhelm was given the news about the scout.
"What? He believes he can sneak past it?" He asks looking concerned. "I know the Honorguard are skilled however these Chimera are dangerous beasts. This seems risky what if they discover him?" He asks having feelings of concern for the Elf in question and their mission.

The Revenant glanced down at Himler, before back to the squirming elf. He snarled, releasing the Elf. The honor guard flopped to the ground and caught his breath. "They've discovered the ruins." He said, between pants. "They what?" The Revenant questioned. "The scouts, they discovered the ruins." The honor guard explained. "But the book you're searching for, theo ne on old myths and beliefs. Potillo got it today." The Elf hastily said.

Himler grins walking closer.
"Where? Where has she put it? Tell me exactly where it is!" He says with a mix of forcefulness and excitement. The Chimera snarl and look over them. The one at the front of the gate keeps watch. Snarling with it's sickening looking flesh as scratches itself like a bear.

"She has it in her office on the top floor of the outpost, over looking it." The Elf said. "Excellent." The Revenant said. "You're contributions will not be forgotten, Elf." The Revenant said. "Your master had better compensate me well for this! If the Royal family discovers my treach-" The Honorguard began, speaking to Himler, before the Revenant's sword shot through him. "Those Dwarves were more well stocked than you thought." The Revenant said, allowing the Elf's corpse to slump to the floor. "They didn't have all of the necessary ingredients, but they had the most important ones." The Revenant said, indicating the pallet. "And we just got the last, and most important ingredient needed." The Revenant said, looking down at the Elf. He lopped the Elf's tail off, before tossing the body to the Chimera, who quickly devoured it. "Mortal blood." He said, tossing the tail onto the pallet.

Himler gave a slightly annoyed look to the dead Elf as the Chimera tore at his body like dogs fighting over a rabbit.
"It's a slight shame. He was so useful." He says rolling his eyes and shrugging off the loss. "Now this spell won't be too strong. It'll make you resilient to their magic but avoid being hit. A direct hit would still hurt severely and likely two could break the curse. If they try with their full power you'll be lucky to survive one with these ingredients." He says looking to the Revenant. "Stand in the circle there when ready." He indicates a circle next to the larger circle holding the ingredients. Blood was dripped around from the killing of the Elf and severing of his tail.

A growl escaped the Revenant. "I know how the ritual works." He hissed, stepping into the circle. A few Undead joined him. "Get started." He ordered.

The Outpost was getting further fortified, with all the guards in the camp on stand by, ready for what may come.

Himler snickered.
"This may sting a little." He says placing his staff firmly on the ground as a light beings to emanate from the top. The ground developed and eerie glow as Himler chanted something in a raspy tone. The circles around them glowed and the ingredients began to spark. The blood of the Elf was drained from the tail as the dried out body part was pulled into the ingredients sparking with them. The ritual would take a few moments to get right.

The outpost fortifications were being set up to hold out for a siege. However they may not be made for the pure impact of Chimera. Wilhelm was looking over the map of the region wondering why this area. He walked out and while feeling frustrated went to ask about the honorguard scout.
"Any word on the scout?" He asks Madame Potillo.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dying Threat(Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus