Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dying Threat(Closed)

Jackie Layci Corazz (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T) Topic Starter

Jackie ave a meek smile and wave once she saw Wilhelm. "Did you know she snuck onto the carriage?" Heinrich asked Wilhelm.
Melstrum (played by Dreath)

"If I knew she was here I would have thrown her out before leaving." Wilhelm says glaring at Jackie.

Heinrich growled. "What made you think sneaking onto our carriage was a good idea?!" Heinrich questioned. "Well Wilhelm told me those reports mentioned those Chimera things." Jackie said. "Just one of them nearly killed me and Wilhelm!" Jackie said. "I didn't want you guys to come in and get killed." Jackie said.

Wilhelm's stare seemed like it could kill. Sharing mission details with anyone not on the mission or the council was a major offense. He looked over to Heinrich prepared for the fallout.

"Wilhelm is a fully trained and well trusted Paladin, Child." Heinrich snarled. "And I'm several times above his level. You are still a Squire. You still have much to learn. And you have even more maturing to do before you're any where near the level of skill as Wilhelm or myself." Heinrich spat. If he was at all upset with Wilhelm for sharing the mission details he wasn't showing it, focusing all of his rage on Jackie. "What makes you think you would even be of any help with a being that killed several soldiers, and nearly single handedly killed Wilhelm. I'm almost insulted that you think the two of us can't handle a creature like those Chimera." Heinrich hissed. "I-I just wanted to help..." Jackie whimpered.

"Jackie you'll report to Numa Potillo and assist her with any and all requests. We'll discuss your punishment later. But for now we have a job to do." Wilhelm looks to Heinrich and nods. Hoping he understands they should focus on their mission for the time being.

Meanwhile a Dwarven fort hidden in the hills was the staging ground for the undead hordes. The fort was abandoned years ago due to a natural gas vein under the surface being dug into. The results rendered it unlivable and it was simply left to rot. There were many corpses of cave ghouls and Dwarves in the lower levels as well as many unfortunate raiders who came looking to loot it for treasure. But now the gases have filtered down and it's mildly livable bar for the deepest levels of the mines were the gas was naturally. The Necromancer Himler who was in the old eating hall of the Dwarven fortress.

Jackie nodded. "Uh... whose Numa Potillo?" Jackie questioned. "The woman in charge of this outpost. She's a very tall Elf in a red very regal looking dress. You had best be on your best behavior, Child. I will not have her offended by your childish behavior."Heinrich hissed.

It wasn't long before metallic clanking began to be heard echoing from outside the eating hall. "Himler!" Came a booming voice. The Revenant turned the corner stomping into the eating hall. "Our Master lacks faith in your ability to lead your hordes." The Revenant snarled as he stomped up to Himler. "He sent me to over see furhter operations for the time being." The Revenant said.

Himler over looked the ghastly Revenant as he entered. He held his staff firmly looking his decrepit face towards him. In the dark corners of the large hall two large beasts walked out. These creatures were similar to the previously encountered Chimeras but these ones had shorter snouts unlike the more slender crocodile ones of the last. They also had more armor on their bodies. The two growled and slowly emerged into the light of the torches in the area. They lit it rather well showing the dusty interior. Stumbling could be heard behind the Revenant as three zombie Dwarves approached him snarling in their stumpy armor.
"Our lord is upset?" He says disgruntled. "Well I ensure you our progress here has been good. We're undetected and our ambushes have been successful at a rate of one hundred percent."

A snarl escaped the Revenant as the Chimera and Undead Dwarves made themselves known. He turned his attention back to Himler. "Are you certain?" The Revenant asked. "As I came here I saw the Outpost. Heavily fortified. A tad understaffed, but there were still more than enough guards to protect the entrances." The Revenant hissed. "Your hide out may not have been discovered, but it's only a matter of time before the Outpost calls for help." The Revenant said. "Hell, they could have summoned Paladins from Amestra, or Orc War Chiefs from Gorfyl. Or they could have summoned Elven Honrguard." The Revenant snarled.

He scowled back. "The fortifications would be going up. However the outposts forces would be unable to endure my tactic. With multiple Chimeras I shall break the lines and obtain what we require." He says slamming his staff on the ground. "You do not need to worry yourself. The mission will be completed without an issue." He says rather sternly.

"And if they summoned Paladins? Or the Orcs? Or the Honorguard?" The Revenant asked. "From what I heard it took one Paladin, and his apprentice to kill one of those." The Revenant said. He turned, glaring down at the Necromancer. "A single Paladin and his damned APPRENTICE!" The Revenant roared. "From what I understand a damn CHILD delivered the final blow on your first Chimera." The Revenant said. "Judging by the Outpost's fortifications they are well aware of your horde's presence and activities. And if they know of rampant undead attacks they will call for help." The Revenant said. "And if your pathetic excuses for Chimera are killed by a Child, imagine what multiple Paladins, Orc Warriors, Or Elven Highguradsmen could do to them." The Revenant said, glaring at the Chimeras.

Himler looks around the room. The Revenant's words were scathing. Each one was enough to make him feel concerned. The Chimeras were strong but if two properly trained Paladins, Warlords or Highguard were here then his whole plan may collapse. He knew he couldn't let this happen. After the failure of the previous horde and Chimera he needed this to work to prove his own worth. "You have nothing to worry about. Even if they have two or three then my Chimera will overpower them. Remember they almost killed the previous one when he was outnumbered." He says rather defensively.

"And then got slain by a child." The Revenant said. "In my eyes, the fact that your first Chimera was downed by a damn Child over shadows the Paladin it nearly killed. Perhaps the Paladin was old? Perhaps they were sick, or were already seriously injured." The Revenant said. "Perhaps the sudden appearrance ofo ne of these beasts may have shaken him. The element of surprise odes have that effect on occasion. But that Outpost knows of your presence, and they have prepared for a possible attack. And if there are Paladins down there they have prepared as well, and I can guarantee you the Paladin and his Apprentice have shared their encounter with the rest of their Council." He hissed. "You had better hope your Chimera could over power them." He snarled. "Do you know when the next Caravan shall arrive or leave?" The Revenant asked. "I wish to see your undead, and Chimera in action first hand." The Revenant said.

"Your timing cannot be a coincidence. Surely our lord knows I shall be making the final strike soon." He walks passed his aggressive ally. Wandering over passed the great table to the opened halls nearby. His staff glowed blue as he tapped it against the ground. A blue glow surrounded the area and hundreds of eerie glowing eyes look up. Creatures dead for years looking like skeletal humans stood and growled. Numerous other undead Dwarves and some undead spiders and similar creatures crawled up. Some were highly decayed others still had flesh indicating more recent deaths. However most had armor thanks to where they were located. "I assure you. I will not disappoint our lord." He says with a spiteful scowl.

"I'd hope so." The Revenant hissed. "For your sake." He added.

By now, Heinrich had gotten the carriage unpacked and moved his and Wilhelm's belongings to an empty storage room. Once done he went to find Wilhelm. "The carriage has been unpacked. Prepare a scouting party. I will go find Madame Potillo so that we may map out the near by grave sites and tombs." Heinrich explained before turning to leave.

He soon arrived at Potillo's office, the Elven guards from earlier were standing outside. They opened the doors to Potillo's office allowing Heinrich in. "M'lady." Heinrich said, bowing slightly to Potillo. He glanced over, seeing Jackie in the office aswell. His eyes narrowed at her, before he turned his attention to Potillo. "I was planning to scout the surrounding area to try and find the undead lair. I was hoping you might be able to map out the near by grave sites that you mentioned earlier." Heinrich explained. Potillo nodded. She was thankful she had a map set up in the room. She grabbed her pen and ink well and went over to the map. She began placing x's on the map where the gravesites were located.

"I would like if Madame Lupen went with you on your scouting mission." Potillo said. "Excuse me?" Heinrich questioned. "I wish for Madame Lupen to accompany you on your scouting mission." Potillo repeated, indicating Jackie. "From what she's told me, and what I already know about the Y'Kish, plenty of them are arboreal." Potillo explained. "Not many of the guards that are stationed here are Elves, as I'm sure you've noticed by now. Madame Lupen may be able to provide an advantage in sight line, being able to see further ahead at a higher point." Potillo said.

"I'm sorry M'lady, but Jackie is still a Squire. She hasn't even begun to learn Holy Magics yet. And she wasn't even intended to be on this mission. She stowed away in my carriage as Wilhelm and I came here. I cannot allow her to accompany us." Heinrich said. "Regardless of whether or not she was supposed to be here or not, she is. I have two honorguard protecting me. Alongside being formidable combatants they are also familiar with your holy magics. Having a Paladin squire guarding me as well serves me little purpose." Potillo said. "And if this is just a simple scouting mission and you are not planning on taking the Undead stronghold, then you might as well employ her skills." Potillo said. "And if yo ustill decline, I've been told that Madame Lupen is to do exactly as I order her, and I would merely order her to accompany you." Potillo added. Heinrich sighed. "Fine." He said, before he was handed the map. "I wish you the best of luck." Potillo said as Heinrich and Jackie left to find Wilhelm.

Wilhelm was deep inside the vast store houses. This was an area where cargo traded between towns and cities would be brought and held till transport came. The warehouses were full of metals and stones from Dwarven mines further north. Other crates contained massive amounts of silks and wools to be sent to numerous towns. Supplies were delivered in shipments and trader representatives would bring the payment where the goods would be exchanged and they would go their separate ways. This saw tons of cargo brought in and were stored. This was kept in exquisite detail in a form manuscript archive. A massive book which had every crate and it's contents written up as well as when it arrives, by who, how much was there and what the cost was with who should pick it up.

Wilhelm had spent quiet some time looking over it all. He had looked at the contents of over five hundred crates. Each containing stone, metal, wool or some other material. Nothing however that would be of interest to a Necromancer. He sat by a large desk. It was kept in the storehouse on a floor over looking it and that's were the manifest sat. Three human men stood nearby. They were employees here and they waited on the Paladin's questions.
"More iron ore." He says flicking the page. "Nothing here sticks out?" He rubs his eyes. "Do you have anything in private storage? Anything brought here discretely or secretly?" He asks the men. They shake their heads.
"Nothing is brought in illegally sir. Only thing which could happen is someone smuggling things in on their person. But that would be something small." The main man who wore a similar crimson and white uniform as the rest but he has his shoulder with a light armor plate on it.

Wilhelm resumed flicking through. By this point he had finished going over everything three times. All items brought in through cargo were nothing special. Nothing which would gain this level of attention. Looking over the crates he saw Jackie and Heinrich enter. He stands.
"Thank you. This'll conclude my investigation here for now. Please don't let me keep you anymore." He says bowing and walking away.
"Thank you sir." The men say resuming work. Wilhelm approached his apprentice and fellow Paladin.
"Councilman Heinrich. Wasn't Jackie supposed to go elsewhere?" He asks cocking an eyebrow as he looks to Jackie still seeming a bit peeved.

Heinrich snorted. "Pontillo thinks she would be best served helping us on our scouting mission." Heinrich said. "I declined her several times but she wouldn't take no for an answer." Heinrich said. "Do you have a scouting party ready?" Heinrich asked.

"Yes sir. I've had a team formed which were scouting the nearby hills and two sections of the forest to the North. They're at the armory. Please follow me and we can show you the plan." He says wandering out the door towards the armory. "Jackie can accompany them. Heinrich I was looking to us scouting the southern section of the hills and forest on that side."

Heinrich nodded as they got to the Armory. The Sargent of the Guards walked. "Paladins, we're ready to head out when you are." He said. Heinrich nodded. "You are to do exactly as the Sargent orders. Do I make my self clear?" Heinrich questioned, turning to face Jackie. Jackie nodded.

Wilhelm nods to the soldiers. "Very good. Me and Heinrich will scout out the south. You go about your assigned regions. You're to reports back here in six hours with a full report understood?" The soldiers salute.
"Yes Paladin." They say turning to head out waiting for Jackie to follow. Wilhelm goes over to the table looking a map showing where he and Heinrich will be searching.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Dying Threat(Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus