Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Swells of Rage (Open)

Xochi (played by Beetlebelle)

(( Isn't it Arianna's turn? ))
Tye (played by Iltheyn) Topic Starter

((technically it is.))
Arianna Wyss (played by Freyera)

Caves were always one of two things. They were either damp, abysmal, dark places full of jagged rocks, creepy animals, and dangerous drop offs. Or they were inhabited by lunatics, dwelling deep within the protection of the tunnels, daring anyone to enter and ensuring they never returned. She wondered if this cave was the latter. Even If it wasn’t, neither flavor was getting her anywhere near her eventual goal. Whoever this person was, and whoever his friends were that were rapidly coming into sight, were clearly not pirates, making this endeavor taste all the more bitter in her mouth. She should have just moved on.

That was no longer an option. Regardless of the capacity to use it, she wasn’t going to leave without her sword, but he wasn’t likely to surrender it any time soon. For now, she would play along. This first character seemed amiable enough, why shouldn’t the rest of his companions be equally so. At least, it was usually a safe assumption that birds of a feather flock together.

Speaking of, the first thing she saw, easily visible against the grey backdrop, was the fantastical bird snake thing. It immediately caught her attention again, dragging her gaze away from the other occupants until only her peripheral vision cared to track them, and only then because strangers could never be fully trusted. Especially not cave dwelling possibly cannibalistic Forest Druid ones. “Oh hey, it’s my two favorite living things again. Casey and the weird bird snake thing!” Had another not interjected a question, feet might have started carrying her over to see them more closely. Another thing she hated about caves. Dismal light.

“Who am I?” It took some effort to pull her eyes over to who was addressing her. Even then, he only got half of her attention. “I think the better question is, who are you? I mean, look at this place. You call this a home? The floors haven’t been mopped in… forever. There are hardly any windows. I shudder to think where you use the bathroom at. Would it kill y’all to get some better ventilation in here too? Because I can only think of two words to describe this place. Musty and damp. Also depressing. At least get a door or something. We just walked right in. Did you know bears live in caves? What would you do if a bear just walked right in?”
Xochi (played by Beetlebelle)

((So sorry for the wait, I got caught up in other things, and there's not must for my character at the moment))

Xochi looked to Tye when he asked if she would help, to which she gave a subtle nod to him in reply. The dragon stayed quiet now that Arianna had appeared, not wishing to bring any further attention to herself.

The coatl remained coiled around Sirina’s shoulders, but her feathery crest was lowered as she looked back to the chatty woman wearily.
Merthyr felt the effect of the healing remedy as his mind became drowsy and somewhat foggy and his body felt as if it had lots its strength

"How long will I remain in this debilitating state? I am a slave around these parts, I have no doubt that I will be expected to do chores sunrise to sundown if not more." asked Merthyr waiting to be told when he would be able to stand up again.

"It would be lovely to play cards with you mister Chowder... royalty is always pleased and honoured to play with decent men as you are. If time allows us to do so, that is... master-at-arms may have work lined up already" assured Merthyr with a small polite smile.

He far preferred to play cards with a fool but friendly pirate than face Tris in this unsteady state.

Taff looked at Tye and took a deep breath nodding in understanding

"Your injury was extremely serious, my friend. Many die over less and it will take a lot longer to heal as well, the more you travel and move about.

I can help you with your ill health. I can cast a switching spell and take up your current injuries upon myself into my body but... outside of this sanctuary my magic weakens.

Druid magic is strongest in these temples and shrines after all, beyond its entrance, I can still hold onto your injury but I will not be able to do anything else or assist you any further at all, I can neither command the weather or even heal any new wounds... understand? You will be fit as a fiddle before the battle starts, anything happens to you during the fight or after, you cannot count on my help any more, I will be as useless as a rock dropped in a lake" explained Taff
(( Iltheyn's turn ))
Tye (played by Iltheyn) Topic Starter

Tye gave Rin and Xochi an appreciative smirk before Arianna and Mark's entry. So far he trusted them the most, followed by the druid of course. If it werent for the thief's passive mistrust of those in power the man might have been in first place.

After hearing what the newcomer had to say the expression disappeared. He looked back at her with a scowl, his eyes narrowing in cold consideration. "...Mark." He said again. The older slave shrugged. "To my knowledge she isn't one of them." The younger didn't stop frowning.

"She's not trustworthy in th' slightest." Tye started. "Can't afford that kind of uncertainty." The boy slid his hand down from his chest; he didn't want the woman to see his own weakness. The older man shrugged. "Well, she did give me her weapon." To that, the thief's eyes lit up. "Help us out then."

Mark tilted his head at them. "With what?"

"We're goin' hunting. I need a new pair of clothes, an' Taff here needs a way in."

The older man's eyes widened and he gaped for a few seconds, furrowing his brow afterwards and leaning forward slightly to say, "You sure about this?" Though it was a question, his tone was somewhat forceful; imploring the younger man to stay.

They both turned their heads when Taff offered assistance. Tye wrinkled his nose and shook his head, opening his mouth to speak. Mark interrupted him. "Do it. Whatever plan you're cooking you can't afford him to go around like that." The thief growled at the older man's interruption, folding his arms in a belligerent pout.

"And I'm helping, too."

"Och. You don't even know what th' plan is!"

The older slave flashed a smile. "Tell me on the way?"

Tye groaned in exasperation.

_

The carib sighed. "Ah... Tris this, Tris that." He mumbled. Chowderhead, on the other hand grinned gleefully and looked around for a surface to play on. "What games d'ye know, o king?! Oh, I'm so excited!" The local man finished applying the medicine and cast about, searching for something else. His assistant re-entered the building and was waved over. They exchanged quiet words and the cowled man was off again, rummaging through a nearby cabinet.

Meanwhile the Carib placed a hand on Merthyr's shoulder-- careful not to touch his wounds-- and murmured. "You will be safe as long as you are here, but if you try to escape I have no control of what they'll do to you. So think with that wandering head of yours and stay a while." He squeezed his shoulder lightly and let go.
(( OOC - BreezyDawn's turn ))
(( skip me this turn maybe? Nothing has changed yet for my character and no one to respond to, so I'll wait until I can put more into a post :) ))
(( OOC Breezy want me to edit my post to interact more with your character? or do you prefer that Freyera posts?))
Taff Zachary druids n mages wrote:
(( OOC Breezy want me to edit my post to interact more with your character?))((or do you prefer that Freyera posts?))

((I don't mind waiting :D ))
((OOC in that case it's Freyera's turn ))
((OOC - if not, Xochi's turn ))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Swells of Rage (Open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus