Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Swells of Rage (OOC)

Iltheyn Topic Starter

I could tell you what's wrong but it may not be of help, its a rather specific problem. If you don't want to know don't click the thing below. If you do, by all means. Also don't click on it if you're squeamish.

See more
the answer issss: his rib punctured his lung and now he's suffering from something folks call Hemopneumothorax! And its awful! :D Its basically a combination of hemothorax and pneumothoeax (Blood and air in the punctured lung.)
Actually I guessed it! Well nearly anyhow. Hmm.. is there a cure? *goes to do research*

*comes back* :O http://www.livestrong.com/article/208367-what-are-the-treatments-for-punctured-lungs/

Well.. anyone up for impromptu surgery? I vote Mark. :P
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Mark doesn't have the medical expertise to perform surgery xD. He learned a few tricks from an old friend about identifying problems and first aid, but nothing about complex treatments.

I guess we'll have to wait on his surgery for now, as troubling as it is. Beetlebelle's characters have a funny habit of being able to heal things but I don't want to imply her new character can just because my character needs it. Worst case, if Tye kicking it is too terrible, I could think of something else.
Beetlebelle

*Begins writing her entry!* ;)

Edit: After re-reading over the posts: You guys are amazing writers!! ;A; I'm struggling to do even one paragraph!
anon (played anonymously)

@iltheyn ouch! that is a very nasty and painful condition, gruesome agony, poor Tye! How could you do this to the poor chap?

@Beetlebelle go on step in to save Tye... you know you can do it!
Poor Tye... he doesn't deserve to die so soon :(
Worse case at least he deserves the honor to be properly hunted, seized and executed like the robbing thief that he is

@Sirina.
Well our royal stories would be quite intertwined for sure being close neighbours. Your father's small kingdom is small in size but an important and required stop on any long voyage and king Conrad [Myrther's dead dad] would have done many stop overs with all the fuss of visiting royalty (maybe with/maybe without Merthyr)

Probably... Sirina's dad would have also returned the visit from time to time (with or without her? is up to you!) so he would likely know Merthyr for sure and he would also know Sir Henry Morgan as the royal ambassador with whom he has done many trade treaties and agreements

Now it is up to you if you want Sirina/Merthyr to...

a) notice and recognize each other because a long standing friendship - well acquainted
b) to suspect each other - they look familiar - but they havent seen each other so they're not sure - perhaps they have seen painted portrays at their respective palaces though not recent ones
c) never seen each other, they do not recognize each other at all but have heard about each other's names because their parent's often talked about it.

I have no problem with your characters mixing in with mine to make the story more solid and logical.
The choice is on you... dear

Just post your thoughts/ideas here so my characters can adjust accordingly
Beetlebelle

DONE! *huff huff*
Now off to bed for me. x)

Good starting point, enjoy your well earned sleep!
Tusitala: I would say they have at least seen pictures of each other, and so might have a light remembrance of the other's face from that, and most definitely the name (heh, which Sirina may have the upper hand with now since she is not going by her full name xD) her father (King Michail) is a protective sort, and would not have wanted her with him on travels to another kingdom, unless they were on very friendly terms.

Beetlebelle: great starting post! Your dragon is beautiful :)

That picture of the dragon is so cute I wish I had the skill. Well achieved there, it definitely was worth the wait, the introduction heralds the healing of Tye YAY

The story would not be the same without the thieving scallywag
Beetlebelle

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! I will continue to update her profile and mugshot later on. I'm a really visual person and like to have a reference for the character I RP as. :>

And when it comes to healing Tye, a few conditions will have to be met. >:)

Uhmmm I am intrigued about that already... what sort of terms will you set? Being some sort of dragon creature the movie of dragonheart comes to my mind. Asking Tye to stop stealing would be much too cruel

As you can see I am enjoying this pirate plot too much already.
Tusitala2017 wrote:
Uhmmm I am intrigued about that already... what sort of terms will you set? Being some sort of dragon creature the movie of dragonheart comes to my mind. Asking Tye to stop stealing would be much too cruel

As you can see I am enjoying this pirate plot too much already.

I'm a sucker for fun pirate adventures. :D

How do you propose that Merthyr and Sirina meet up? is she going to wander away from Tye/Mark? is she going to get chased by pirates and caught whilst the other 2 run away? or is she going to escape the island and meet elsewhere?
I don't know yet! As I am not controlling a pirate I can't really say. I'm wondering if perhaps the pirates might find them soon. After all, they are now in the jungle, a storm is upon them any time, and one of us just can't go any farther. But we just might have a dragon on our side now. Muahaha

But really, I thought it might be while they are on the island. I doubt at this point she'll wander off from the group though. She has a pretty strong sense of honor, and also how stupid it would be for her to go off alone. XD

iltheyn wrote:
I want you to know that Mark, in particular is a man in his mid forties. He's seen a lot, and has probably seen runaway 'boys' before. xD I'm not saying he can see right past her disguise, just that he's thinking. "Is this a boy?"

I wanted to ask, though. Tye's not going to head for those pirates, so unless you're cozy with drawing the narrative in your own direction there for a while, I can juggle probs one pirate. But since its your crew, its up to you Tusitala.

Well if she is hanging with Tye then won't be meeting Merthyr yet because Tye/Mark have other plans.

I can send a pirate search party to comb the beach, they hear / see something and she gives herself up to distract the pirates away from the other 2

But you will be captured and at this point they wouldnt be together
Beetlebelle

Tusitala2017 wrote:
Uhmmm I am intrigued about that already... what sort of terms will you set? Being some sort of dragon creature the movie of dragonheart comes to my mind.

We'll have to wait and see. :3 Also I am having second thoughts on having Xochi speak to them so soon, but I figured I would get it out of the way since Tye's condition is pretty bad.
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Well, we'll see how well they can avoid pirates in the long term. For now those three are just getting on the island.

Its ok Beetlebelle they need to find a middle-ground language-wise anyway.

Also sorry for the late reply.
The wonderful thing about roleplay is its twists and turns! I like the spontaneity of it - I don't always know what's coming or going to happen. Makes it lots of fun. :D

Also, Beetlebelle, for clarification- is your character speaking a language unique to her species, or is she using a language more broadly known? If so, Sirina may be familiar with it as her studies delved quite a bit into various languages.

EDIT: I am awaiting your reply before posting again as I want to make my post as useful as possible xD

Well with that unfriendly lot... I thought I might drop by to meet the damsel for a little bit.
I will be getting back to them soon enough but in the mean time... I couldn't deny you the opportunity, princess
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Just wanted to drop this here since until now I haven't really talked about what Mark looks like.

mark_by_iltheyn-dbdpbmq.jpg

If I were to put Mark into a real-life medieval story I'd say he was Igbo, if you're wondering.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Swells of Rage (OOC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus