Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Midsummer Art Trade!!

Mortem

Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yep!
Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee.
Why did you choose that category? Been drawing for a really long time, and taking commissions for maybe 7-8 years now.
Please link to three examples of recent artwork you have completed:
Examples
naz_by_gembone-dbhxxat.png star_efflf_by_gembone-dbh6gub.png henna_lion_bust_by_gembone-dbevnqg.png

Character Name: Aewyn
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/aewyn
Species: Humanoid Unicorn
Personality: Quiet, reserved, kind. Soft and gentle. :)
Brief physical description of the character: He's covered in very thin white fur. His ears are vaguely deer shaped. His hair is more of a pale blue tinted silver. His eyes have gray sclerae and pale golden irises. He has digitgrade legs that end in cloven hooves the color of pale gold, his horn is also the same color. He also has a leonine tail, tufted with hairs like that of his head. His clothing includes a simple tunic and a silver collar with matching cuffs.
Suggested environments: Can be drawn with a transparent background, but if you'd like to do a BG, I'd suggest something with flowers, or something magical and foresty.
Anything else we need to know: He has a rather youthful face and appears a little effeminate at times. As far as his background goes, he was trapped and sold into the slave market, so you're also free to draw him upset, worried, or crying. Just have fun!
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes

Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee

Why did you choose that category? I'm nervous putting myself in that category, but I have been doing art for years and I feel like my range is pretty wide.

Examples

connacht_by_noebelle-datre5n.png
zeranbaths_by_noebelle-da7pbnr.pngjin_captains_skia_within_the_fairy_crisp_by_noebelle-d9gig16.png
You can find more examples here: http://noebelle.deviantart.com

Character Name: Solao
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:
http://www.rprepository.com/c/solao (his RPR info is really ugly at the moment, sorry)

To make it easier for whomever is paired with me, you're welcome to draw him in either his komainu or human form, depending on your preferences!
Species: Komainu (can take the form of a human)
Personality: On RPR
Brief physical description of the character: Large, beefy blonde hunk with horns and toofs // big scary goldkitty with horns and toofs. Tons of refs on his RPR.
Suggested environments: Jungle, Ruins, Palace??? (nowhere modern - think ancient east china)
Anything else we need to know: N/A

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) N/A
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yup!
Why did you choose that category? I've been doing art for a few years now and am confident enough in my abilities to at least be counted as an intermidiaye level artist.
Examples

1501280059915_zpsfzp0roxr.png
2z8zxgk.jpg dfiwlu.jpg

Character Name: Ayella Holt
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: RPR link Tumblr tag
Species: Human
Personality: Logical, Hard to get along with, Comes off as a bit bitchy, but isn't.
Brief physical description of the character: 6"2, long black curly hair she keeps in a ponytail, pale, "beak" like nose, high cheek bones
Suggested environments: Probably a crime scene, her apartment, or a library
Anything else we need to know: She and Cassedy like each other, but won't admit their feelings.

Character Name: Cassedy St. Claire
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: RP repository link Tumblr tag
Personality: Quiet, sarcastic, easily impressed, mom friend
Brief physical description of the character: 5"3, blonde pixie cut, round glasses, usually found wearing sweaters, oval face
Suggested environments: Probabably a crime scene (with Ayella), or reading in her armchair
Anything else we need to know: She and Ayella like each other, but won't admit their feelings.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Yes! Absolutely!
Why did you choose that category?I've been drawing a lot so I want to start drawing for other people and see if people would like it!
Examples
hDzpw75.jpg u15Dr1x.jpg TRhSvaL.jpg

Character Name: Meltdown
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/meltdown
Species: Deity
Personality: Short tempered, repressive, seclusive, explosive
Brief physical description of the character: Tall, muscular, armored from the neck down with a long crimson red cape
Suggested environments: Outdoors/ Outdoor market
Anything else we need to know: He's mute
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? YEEE.
Why did you choose that category? Art is literally m full-time job, I am a moderator on the rpr group The Gallery (here!) and artwork and commissions are my only form of income.

Character Name: Lachlan
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/dirty-carnie/ || http://i.imgur.com/D2ECBFh.jpg ||
Species: Human(ish)
Personality: Hyper, playful, wayyyyy too energetic, loves cats, and you, probably.
Brief physical description of the character: Tall and covered in ink and with a face full of metal and hair varying shades of the rainbow. Looks like a MLP threw up on him. Fairy Kei Decora meets punk.
Suggested environments: KITTIES.
Anything else we need to know: He's literally a carnival Freakshow. He swallows swords and eats glass and alllll the good stuff.
How did I not notice this was open until just now??? I'm so mad at myself tbh lol, at least I got here in time tho!

Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes!
Why did you choose that category? I've been working on art for six, almost seven years now! It is also the category I've chosen for all previous art trades I've been in on RPR :>
Examples

Character Name: Alianha
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: RPR Profile
Species: Fire Elf
Personality: Very bubbly, adventurous, and optimistic. She hates being tied down and loves to explore!!
Brief physical description of the character: Very pear shaped. She's athletically built with smaller breasts, very wide hips, and long legs.
Suggested environments: A forest, or swimming, or hanging out by a pond or river, or on the beach! Anywhere adventurous and outside!
Anything else we need to know: Don't think so...?

Character Name: Queriah
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Species: Red Dragon
Personality: Very bubbly, playful, mischevious. She's adventurous and loves to hang out at pubs and watch brawls! She's just a free spirit.
Brief physical description of the character: Fit, lithe, slim, toned, longer legs. Small breasts but thicker hips and thighs (extreme pear shape).
Suggested environments: Forests (preferably with red/orange/yellow (general autumn) color scheme / themes)
Anything else we need to know: She always has at least one fox with her. Doesn't matter the color, she just loves foxes!!

Character Name: Grizzlyheart Feathermoon III
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Species: Night Elf
Personality: Generally untrusting. Comes off as cold and stoic. He doesn't talk much.
Brief physical description of the character: Huge beefy guy with tons of muscle. Scars everywhere. Looks like he would give good hugs if he actually felt like hugging someone lol
Suggested environments: Snowy forest/mountain places! Here is a tumblr tag with a lot of examples!
Anything else we need to know: His entire body is covered with those deep black scars like his art, however the placement doesn't matter so much as there is a LOOOOT of them. The only real scar placement that matters is his face.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) No thank you <3
Leela

Did you read and understand the rules of the trade?: Yup, this is an art trade!
Dabbler or Devotee?: Dabbler!
Why did you choose that category?: I've been drawing intensely and extensively for the last two years. (Used to draw before but only once a month.)
Examples

Character Name:: Meadow Star
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=80556
Species:: Human
Personality:: Shy, lives in the woods.
Brief physical description of the character:: Lean,
Suggested environments:: Woods, meadows.
Anything else we need to know:: He's short..

Character Name:: Derek Hayzelden
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=84230
Species:: Human
Personality:: Silent, doesn't like talking to people at all.
Brief physical description of the character:: Tall, slightly built.
Suggested environments:: Bars, library, parks with benches.
Anything else we need to know:: He's tall and has ginger hair.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no): Sure! I don't mind at all!
PANGAEA

Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Mhm!
Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee!
Why did you choose that category? I think drawing is the only thing I can say I've done for the longest time, and I've taken a couple classes for it.
Examples
lady_riju_chief_of_gerudo_by_pangaea04-dbfotsg.jpg
khali_maurice_by_pangaea04-dbgnqnd.png
nelis_orlitt_by_pangaea04-dbgy3jf.png

Character Name: Ink
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:My girl
Species: Inkling; result of faulty alchemy
Personality: Sociable, perceptive, sprightly, ominous, illegitimate, passionate
Brief physical description of the character: Ink has the build of a gymnast. She has darker olive skin, ebony hair so black you'd think she'd dyed it. Her skin can be black as well in any texture of her choosing. Eyes can be thoroughly dark (black sclera and all) or a simple dark iris.
Suggested environments: Modern - medieval: a nice hotel room or sunbathing by a stream
Anything else we need to know: Ink is an undeniably loving character, but she's known to smother. Very easy to jealously though she may not voice it. However, due to Khali, she hasn't been too hostile towards failed outside relationships. That aside, the Inkling is quite the scholar, dipping her toes in alchemy and science. She is also an artist in various ways, contortion and dance being a couple of her favourites.
If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Certainly! They're already suspected to be in a relationship.

Character Name: Khali Maurice
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:My vodun
Species: Leonin/human
Personality: Khali isn't the sort to meet you halfway on anything. Either it's his way or no way at all. He masks aggitation and anger very well though not so much his apathy towards certain individuals- he'd be far more straightforward with that depending on the circumstances. Because of his great guise, his outbursts are unforeseen and sometimes very dangerous. All in all, he's only a nice character when he's guaranteed benefits.
Brief physical description of the character: A character of obvious African decent; dark hazelnut skin, long and heavy udreaded hair (can take on many styles), square sculpted face, septum/gauges/ bridge/helix piercings, two dimples, swimmers build, green eyes-yellow sclera, Ghanaian fashion clothing, canines, scarification on face and arms
Suggested environments: Modern - Medieval: In his apartment surrounded by Ghanian pottery and other components for his work, or in a hut decorated with charms, pottery, potions, chalks, and fruits.
Anything else we need to know: He's a vodun though his voodoo methods are geared more towards show while his real work consists of summoning, alchemy, and dark magic.
If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) With Ink, of course.

* Khali is currently under construction so of questions arise feel free to drop me a PM
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Sure did!
Why did you choose that category? I've been drawing for about 10 years now. I'm not perfect, but I think I've got the hang of it!

Character Name: Violet Hawk
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=68742
Species: Black Tigress
Personality: Sarcastic and playful
Brief physical description of the character: Fairly underweight, but well muscled. She has blonde hair cut short in a messy pixie cut, black fur with white stripes and bright green eyes, with three distinctive stripes beneath her eyes. She's pretty fond of wearing corsets and leather pants, and has a habit of occasionally just wearing bandages in lieu of a shirt.
Suggested environments: Forests, where she hunts, or taverns, where she idles.
Anything else we need to know: Violet is a vampire, and also a bit of a spitfire. She's constantly getting into and starting fights, so she has a lot of scars littered all over her body.
Dabbler or Devotee? Dabbler
Why did you choose that category? im still growing and learning as a artist, only really having drawn for a year or so, so i dont think im quite devotee status yet ;v;
Examples
untitled_by_leafii_0n_dbeuhi9_by_leafii_0n-dbfciza.pnginkling_tade_by_leafii_0n-dbfzgnn.pngtsuyu_asui_wip_by_leafii_0n-dbi1sr0.jpg

Character Name: Sam Maxwell
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Here is his RPR link!
Personality:to be short, hes very shy, introverted, family oriented, and quiet, you can read his rpr bio for a more in depth personality
Brief physical description of the character: very slim and non muscular, about 5'5 with red/ginger hair, a gray hoodie, glasses and jeans, usually a set of white and black headphones with him as well.
Suggested environments: probably in some modern-esque setting. computers, phones, etc.
Anything else we need to know: if theres any questions, feel free to check his rpr profile!

Character Name: Chrysoprase
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Here is her RPR link!
Species: Steven universe oc/gem
Personality: very grumpy but caring, smart and to the point, has a affixiation with knowing everything
Brief physical description of the character: has a bit of chub, very very short. but your free to draw her taller for the sake of the drawing. you can see her rpr for a actual reference
Suggested environments: probably in some sort of space setting, or if you know the show, in the crystal gem temple.
Anything else we need to know: her weapon is a boomerang if youd like to draw that!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) its not reccomended since their from completely different universes, but if youd like go ahead!
Last minute entry for dabbler category I will upload answers to questions in a few as I am having trouble from my phone!!

Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? yes
Dabbler or Devotee? dabbler
Why did you choose that category? because I am
Still working on my style and bettering my art
Examples
Link or post your pictures between the brackets
MY5a70T.jpg

8Cz8sRw.png (this one is from the mascot contest and the best piece of digital I have at the moment on my phone sorry!!)
roPE9dF.jpg

Character Name: octavious
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=74674
Species: human mixed with fae and elf
Personality:Outwardly Tavvy will come off very non-caring but under it all, somewhere, he actually cares very deeply for those closest to him. He'd rather never admit it though and would do anything to keep his devil may care appearance up.
Brief physical description of the character: very tall and thin with long brown hair and there is a slight point to the tip of his ears as well. Full discription as well as model reference on profile
Suggested environments: forestry or general city is perfectly fine
Anything else we need to know:Tavvy does have piercings and such listed on his page

If you've listed more than one cha
Loki Topic Starter

Alright guys! :D I have sent out the PMs for the art trade. Remember not to give your trade partner their piece before the due date and to have fun drawing :) I cannot wait to see all the finished pieces!
Claine Moderator

I usually don't like being the first one to post because I'm so far ahead...

But I'm so excited XD

I drew Iira for Heedragon

AvBREgx.png
Looks like we're starting. ò v ó!

My bedtime's been pretty early as of late, so I'd rather get this posted now rather than later. :'D

For my Devotee trade, I had Rigby!
rpr_midsummer_at_2017___1_smol_by_freejayfly-dblen7a.png

And for my Dabbler trade, I had Illantis!
rpr_midsummer_at_2017___2_smol_by_freejayfly-dblen7u.png

I hope you both enjoy the pieces I did. TT v TT!! As always with work I post, click the images to get linked to the fullsize versions!!
Leela

Well. I'm posting early because I'm a chicken who sleeps early. Welp.

For freejayfly..

untitled_by_nekonekowawa-dblvdte.png
untitled_by_nekonekowawa-dblve2w.png
Hope you like them! Manaka and Victor are so cute by the way.
Okay here we go~~

Noebelle's Solao
:D
A biiiiiiiiiiig fluffy being <3 I absolutely love this design. So majectic and everything
Speed backgroundsssss
Can give you one without the background if you want it <3

Still.png
I got TheHybridGod and their character Meltdown!

I hope you like it! Had a lot of fun with this one.

i2k6NFP.png

[ larger version is here: http://imgur.com/a/kdeC4 DA link here: https://kingfisher-gryphon.deviantart.com/art/Burning-Rage-Midsummer-Art-Trade-2017-701875394 ]
Oh. Oh? Oh?! It's starting?! It's time?! Okay then, let's get it in! I have my own bedtime and I'll be way too busy (and subsequently tired) tomorrow to remember to post, so...

My art trade was....

Reima and her dear Solki! Here, here, here you go!

reima_art_trade_by_lightside_lucree-dblvg5t.png

Your Solki was a joy to sketch and lineart~ But I hope I did well with the colors. I went all out and tried a few new techniques with this art in particular, and included my first digital background! You can click to see the image in full. And if you want the figure transparent without the background, please let me know and I'll PM it to you!

Edit: Also, if you want the deviation on DA, or the full view isn't working okay for you, here's the link: Art Trade DA Page
LightSide-Lucree wrote:
Oh. Oh? Oh?! It's starting?! It's time?! Okay then, let's get it in! I have my own bedtime and I'll be way too busy (and subsequently tired) tomorrow to remember to post, so...

My art trade was....

Your Solki was a joy to sketch and lineart~ But I hope I did well with the colors. I went all out and tried a few new techniques with this art in particular, and included my first digital background! You can click to see the image in full. And if you want the figure transparent without the background, please let me know and I'll PM it to you!

Edit: Also, if you want the deviation on DA, or the full view isn't working okay for you, here's the link: Art Trade DA Page

Oh boy, that was quick xD
Loving the colors~ Very lively
And props on the background x2 Those can be a whooooole lot of trouble, but hey, you made it!
Also props on taking the challenge of making his armor! It's not simple~~ A winner is you
Thank you~~ <3
Reima wrote:
LightSide-Lucree wrote:

My art trade was....

Oh boy, that was quick xD
Loving the colors~ Very lively
And props on the background x2 Those can be a whooooole lot of trouble, but hey, you made it!
Also props on taking the challenge of making his armor! It's not simple~~ A winner is you
Thank you~~ <3

Thank you so much! ;w; As soon as I saw his armor, I fell in love with the design and the challenge~ You're so welcome! <3

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Midsummer Art Trade!!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus