Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Contest: Song Lyrics!

Kim Site Admin

The rules of this contest are very simple. Write song lyrics that have to do with the topic of roleplay. They can relate to the RP Repository, but they don't have to. You do NOT have to write or record music.

You will have until April 8th to submit your entry. Simply post it here on this forum topic.

You can enter as many times as you want, but you can only win once.

I have a few months of Epicness, some character slots, and bookmarks to give away as prizes. Yes, if you win you might get some shiny new RPR bookmarks mailed to you, with many <3s from me. There might also be some surprise prizes!

Amirrora has been deputized to help with organizing and judging the contests.
Hickory Dickory Dock
A Warlock Kicked Out A Fox
The Fox Got Up To Get Blown Up
Hickory Dickory Dock.
Does it have to be a certain length? Like, should it be really short or can it be normal song length? (verses, chorus, verses)
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

No, no length requirement. :)
I had so much fun with this. I swear the entire time I was writing this, I was giggling hysterically.
Read these lyrics as you listen to this song; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R-7ZO4I1pI (yes I know it's a Rick Roll, but JUST LISTEN TO THE SONG WHILE YOU READ THE LYRICS)(also, I only wrote the lyrics to the 2:00 point).

'We’re no strangers to RolePlay, you know the ropes, and so do I! A long-term Play is what I’m, thinking of, you wouldn’t get this from any other Player! I, just want to tell you how I RolePlay, gotta make you, know for sure!

Never gonna kill you dead, never gonna blast your head, never gonna run around and smite you! Never gonna godmode you, never gonna choke you blue, never gonna set a fire, and burn you.

We’ve been RolePlaying, for so long, you know me better than, all my characters! In our cool plot we both know, what is wrong, but we can change it, any day! And, if you want to post first for me, I just want to make sure you’re,

Never gonna kill me dead, never gonna blast my head, never gonna run around and smite me! Never gonna godmode me, never gonna choke me green, never gonna set a fire, and burn me.

Never gonna kill you dead, never gonna blast your head, never gonna run around and smite you! Never gonna godmode you, never gonna choke you blue, never gonna set a fire, and burn you!'

HAHAHA. XD

This was the best thing ever to wake up to. I have never been so happy to be rick rolled.
I've been playing around with some stuff to Eye of the Tiger... But I am lazy and it is unfinished.

f0x1nth3b0x wrote:
I've been playing around with some stuff to Eye of the Tiger... But I am lazy and it is unfinished.

You've got some time. I would looove to see that.
I will have to work on it :3
CelestinaGrey wrote:

'We’re no strangers to RolePlay, you know the ropes, and so do I! A long-term Play is what I’m, thinking of, you wouldn’t get this from any other Player! I, just want to tell you how I RolePlay, gotta make you, know for sure!

Never gonna kill you dead, never gonna blast your head, never gonna run around and smite you! Never gonna godmode you, never gonna choke you blue, never gonna set a fire, and burn you.

We’ve been RolePlaying, for so long, you know me better than, all my characters! In our cool plot we both know, what is wrong, but we can change it, any day! And, if you want to post first for me, I just want to make sure you’re,

Never gonna kill me dead, never gonna blast my head, never gonna run around and smite me! Never gonna godmode me, never gonna choke me green, never gonna set a fire, and burn me.

Never gonna kill you dead, never gonna blast your head, never gonna run around and smite you! Never gonna godmode you, never gonna choke you blue, never gonna set a fire, and burn you!'

Also, it is posts like this that make me with the RPR had "like" buttons XD!
Thanks guys! x3 I'm happy you like it. It was so much fun to write. I giggled the whole time. XD
If I can vote, I vote Celestina's. :)
Ahahaha aw thanks Sherlock X3
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Nice work Celestina, you have me wondering if I could put an RP slant on one of my favourite songs.
The Roll of the Dice (Sung to the tune of Eye of the Tiger)

Talkin' to a random NPC
Took the quest, ran an instance
Got the loot, now I'm back on the hunt
Just a nerd and his will to throw dice
So many times, you take a new path
You trade your loot for the info
Don't lose your grip on your character's past
They must fight for the right to survive

It's the will of the DM, it's
the fight for your life
Adding up your skills and modifiers
And the last known player
gets the gold and the might
And he's mocking us all with the roll of his dice

Back to back, out in the dungeon
Killing mobs, farming XP
Make a note on my character sheet
Just a few more points to level up

the fight for your life

Leveled up, not gonna stop
Another quest, 'nother dungeon
Lost the map, but we're trying our luck
Roll some saves, use my feats to survive

the fight for your life

The Roll of the Dice
(Repeat to fade out)

I may still make some tweaks... But that's what I've come up with :3
Ahahahaha!!! That is so awesome Foxy. xD And I have never played D&D before :x

But that is awesome. xD

I have fond memories with that Eye of the Tiger song :3 Day camp forever ago, on the last day we had a sleepover and to wake us up they played this song. We had a huge line of kids dancing along to this song. It was soooo fun!
darth_angelus wrote:
Nice work Celestina, you have me wondering if I could put an RP slant on one of my favourite songs.

Thanks! :) Go for it! I'm really excited to see the spoofs you all come up with. If Foxy is any indication, Kim's gonna have a lot of epic songs on her hands!
That song just so happens to be my favorite rockband song xD
Celestina, f0x..you guys win everything.

*really wants to do this now, but fails at lyrics*

Edit: Born to RP, born to RP! We know how to do it, now give us our dang XP!
/fail
Lol!! X3

thanks Min!

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Contest: Song Lyrics!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus