Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Across the Sea [closed]

"Nonesuch is the empress vessel, I am honoured you would let me sail your ship" nodded Calico coming to stand on desk, sounding a small horn once

"Someone has stolen my slave Taff, I want him back alive. The rogues hold him to ransom in those exotic islands so, thin clothing and row hard and fast" urged Calico retiring to the captain's quarters to select the route and set sail accordingly, Prodius cracking the whip to get them all moving fast right away whilst Rufus tossed the much too hot cup and held the helm

"Your majesty owes me a cup of rum..." informed Rufus not best pleased to have his well earned drink ruined
Ryiah Sendara Bet'Lu (played by BreezyDawn) Topic Starter

Sendara glanced to Calico before he moved off. "What's mine will also be yours. Ours." She offered in light tones, affection in her gaze. Then, looking after the Captain a moment as he moved off she then glanced to Rufus, a sardonic look in her eye. "Better you are not reeling from rum anyway. We have a hard task ahead. A clear head will be needed. I am sure lady rum will be waiting for you on your successful return."

Finally, she moved to her own quarters, snorting when she found she could not enter without first changing form. Doing so quickly, she slipped inside to done a practical dress, which would work fine for sailing and the dangers ahead, made of lighter cloth woven in a beautiful purple hue trimmed with gold.
Ares waited patiently for the men at the tents to give a signal to acknowledge his presence, be amiccable or hostile for the matter. He kept as some safe reasonable distance, observing the men and the tents.

"Ave... I come in peace..." saluted Ares

((Woops sorry, didn't realize I needed to respond to Ares xD))

Harrishim crossed his arms over the robes covering his chest, his gaze centered on the armor clad men whonhad assembled near his camp. His own men had scimitars ready, but stood down for the time being as their leader moved a few paces forward to greet the newcomers.

"Peace you say? What brings you to our lowly island, and its deserts?" He asked, his hues already beginning to gleam at thought of negotiations and possible riches to be gained. He was a bit more cautious now, however, as the last ship to land upon his Island had proved more than he could handle.
"We come in peace. Our leaders seeks to acquire a few of your finest horses, we have travelled far and wide to find you and your well reputed stock of horses.

My liege has heard you share a keen interest in magic and magic wielders... we bring a slave that would be of great interest to you, our wizards and wise men call him Emris..." explained Ares, pushing Taff to his knees so he would be made to kneel before Harishim

The bedouin leader eyed Taff, a flicker of recognition in his gaze. Suspicion gleamed there too, more brightly than his greed and he strocked the hair that grew from his chin as his gaze moved back to Ares. "If he is such a grand warlock... why doesn't he save himself? Why does he allow his own capture?" Indeed the boy didn't seemnto be retaliating at all. Unusual for one with great power.

"The prospect of a race does indeed intrigue me. We have horses to spare for the prize, fine stallions and mares both, perfect for breeding as well as endurance racing. But I need more assurances that this ... boy.. is who you say he is, and that he will not retaliate against us."
"We caught him talking to merfolk... only a certain warlock called Emris is known to summon Oceania's creatures. Though, he cannot fight because we have indeed shackled him with magic imbued chains... we can release him and make him do a trick or two for your benefit.. or command him into obedience for the chains will certainly torture him if he dares refuse orders." shrugged Ares

Taff looked at Harishim wide eyed lips tightly pursed and weary of the man

Harrishim considered Ares' words another moment, scrutinizing Taff. He remembered finally where he had seen the boy before. He had been with the beautiful dragoness and ship full of pirates. Would he be more touble than he was worth? What if the others came after the slave? Still....

"No demonstration will be necessary. I have seen this slave before. I will make this deal with you. The race will be held first light tomorrow. Ready your best riders as will I mine. The slave stays here under my men's watchful eyes." Harrishim decided to go for the deal anyway, his greed for collecting power and wealth demanding the decision, and not knowing the pirate ship was already on its way...

Ryiah stood at the prow of the ship, her gaze on the churning waves below. Turmoil brewed in her fiery gaze and she had her arms wrapped protectivly around her. Things had been moving so quickly of late. Was she making the right decisions? Her gaze dropped to the ring on her finger, which had been emchanted to stay with her human form despite her shifting to dragoness. It was beautiful, and a smile curved her lips upward. It was hard to believe she had captured the heart of the untameable rogue Calico Jack. But then again... she was a dragoness and an empress. He would be a good match for her, and she looked forward to him ruling alongside her, his advice always valuable.

Worry for Taff slid through her mind. Was the warlock alright? He had always seemed to be able to handle himself in danger, yet... there was always a first time. And it could be his last. She hoped they would arrive in time to save him.
"Not at all, the slave is a token of good will, he is yours to keep already. The gold to pay for your horses is at our vessel.. and the race... we will be honoured to try out the horses first hand before the purchase indeed, we have travelled far to get these fine steed.

Alas it cannot be at first lights, it will have to be noon, well fed and well rested" pointed out Ares wondering if such would be an inconvenience

Harrishim inclined his head. "As you wish my friend." He said graciously. "We can put you and your men up until the race of you wish, with all the food and women you'd like. Our harems are the best in the land."

With that he would direct his men to provide for the guests should they wish to stay and secured Taff in a well guarded tent
Taff Gelligen looked at Harrishim

"Please master... don't keep me locked in these chains they're suffocating and draining" pleaded Taff "take them away and I will obey and serve you well" asked Taff ducking the head

"I will do anything you ask off me just remove these" grovelled further

Harrishim stared down at Taff, considering the slaves words. "You are a warlock. How can I believe anything you say?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. "I am a gracious man, but, you are too powerful to leave free..."
"I may be magic itself but... I mean no harm upon you, master... I have enough burdens of my own as it is" muttered Taff

"If I am to be your slave, please, allow me to serve at your feet, unchained..." asked Taff "How may I prove myself if you will not grant me a chance?" counter questioned Taff

"I know much is said about power, but you have nothing to fear from me... master" assured Taff keeping the head ducked

"Besides, these chains are made of stone beneath the metal coating... cold stone drains druid's magic, to many if almost to all it brings about their death, in my case, it weakens me beyond awareness and consciousness" admitted Taff openly.

"You are a gracious man... I thus ask of you mercy" pleaded Taff going silent and waiting for an answer

"I will grant you a gift, few have ever beheld before, one of your greatest interest, for your kindness" bartered Taff

Harrishim finally shrugged, sighing as he motiones his men to release Taff from his bonds. "Very well then. My men say I am too honorable, and maybe so." Once Taff was free many of the men backed away warily.

Harrishim crossed his arms back over his chest. "So there you are. What was this.. gift you spoke of?"
Taff stood up, rubbing his burnt wrists into healing point, looked up at the open air and took a deep breath closing his eyes briefly before opening them again, this time a golden glow where his usual deep blue eyes contrasted against his white pale skin. A golden glow that reflected the fact that magic was in use.

He pointed the finger sideways to the sand and called forth pegasus, the mythical flying horse so many had often spoken of yet few had seen and even less ever rode, never mind possessed. A horse by far one of a kind.

His voice was decisive and imposing as a ruling warlock ought to be when addressing creatures of magic beneath his command, whilst he was their overlord, far contrasting the humble tone he sported before his human rulers.

He looked at Pegasus in great length and then pointed at Harrishim "ufuddhau i'ch meistr" ordered Taff "obey your master" repeated Taff for Harrishim's benefit, watching the strong creature nay and nod, making its way over to Harrishim, nudging him a little

"My gift... master... is a new steed like none other among the equine realms, the most loyal and the most fierce in battle. A horse like no other indeed, you may breed the horse to improve your own race though the flying ability will only pass to the first male and female ponies. His name is Pegasus, and he understand our language, for your convenience" pointed out Taff seeing this man only had eyes for races and horses.

"Now... what would you have do, master?" muttered Taff crumbling to his knees and ducking the head submissive, glancing at the chains wearily waiting to be given chores as all slaves were expected to do

Eyes widening, Harrishim moved slowly forward to approach Pegasus, hands outstretched, slowly, so that the winged horse wouldn't be alarmed. "You are a horse worthy of all honor and every comfort possible." He breathed, stroking the soft nose and down its neck, along each flank as he assessed the chorded muscles, length, and various proportions automatically, being well used to equine kind. This was a surperior horse indeed.

Finally he dipped his head first to the horse in respect, then turned to Taff, a bit of awe on his face. Greedy he was, but when it came to horses, the soft place within him took precidence. "This is a gift of unequaled measure. No slave will you be here, but an honored guest. Women shall be given you, and a banquet in your honor."

He gestured quickly to a couple men, who slipped away to begin preparations, another man was sent to prepare Taff's own tent. Once finished, Harrishim dipped his head to the warlock, awe still in his gaze, and returned his attention to the Pegasus, leading it away to offer it food, drink, and rest.
Taff came over to Harrishim, keeping a respectful distance, visibly trembling at his presence, a bewildered look that he struggled to contain whilst he knelt before his master

"Master, please, take pity yet again... no women... no women at all... please... anything but that... I rather the stone chains back... they are the far lesser torture..." muttered Taff terrified at the thought of having to have a woman in his life.

His broken heart had never really mended from Elektra despite the passing of times and centuries, and he was too frightened to even consider bedding a woman or having children of his own for the matter.

Surprised at the passionate response from Taff Harrashim laughed, throwing his head back and clapping the boy on the shoulder. "My boy if you are that frightened of women, it is probably best indeed if you stay away from them. It wasn't meant to be a punishment, rather a reward for good service. Name anything else within reason and it shall be yours." The man looked downright jovial. Things seemed to be falling in place quite nicely for him recently.
Taff let out a sigh of relief at the breath he didn't know he was holding.

"I just wish to keep my word, master, and serve you well and please you all the more so but no women... I carry the burden of one broken heart already..." muttered Taff sheepishly, smiling pleased to see Pegasus so well treated and so well looked after

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Across the Sea [closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus