Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Across the Sea [closed]

Ryiah Sendara Bet'Lu (played by BreezyDawn) Topic Starter

((Not much for me to rp at this point :/ ))
Calico stood by Ryiah feeling as though the ship was not fast enough

"Sendara, could you take to the skies and see if he is kept by the beduins, if he is at least alive?" asked Calico somewhat anxious, remembering the man with the bird of prey and poisonous snakes and as usual thinking the worse possible scenario had occurred already.

Ryiah turned to look at Calico as he joined her near the front of the boat, then reached over and slipped her hand into his. "He'll be okay. He is Taff after all.." she murmered. It seemed there was nothing the warlock couldn't do. Yet, she noted Calico's worry and finally nodded, shifting slightly to face him. "We will get him back. But I'll fly on ahead as you say to see what is going on. Wings do seem to be swifter than the Nonesuch gallant ship though she is."

Suddenly, impetuously, she offered a light grin and leaned forward to peck the Captain on the cheek. "Here’s to luck then." She said before initiating the shift to dragonness form, body growing and scales hardening until she was mighty once again.

Flexing her wings Sendara took to the sky, circling the boat several times before veering off in the direction of the Bedouin Isles. As she flew, wings beating swiftly and silently, her gaze roamed ahead, her vision keen and penatrating. Behind her the Nonesuch was already only a small dot on the horizon. Ahead, the island loomed, and it looked like... yes, another ship was docked nearby.

Circling a bit closer, Sendara banked and flew around the ship a few times, eyeing it to see what information she could glean about it and why it was here. Was this the ship that had taken Taff? Was he still aboard? How had they managed to steal the warlock?
Caesar saw the mighty beast flying looking rather surprised for dragons were not that usual where he fared from.However, the creature didn't seem hostile thus he felt no reason to fear it nor attack, letting the creature sail the seas, whilst he and his crew made way to the island for the races, tired of waiting for Ares to return with some news.

He and his men pushed forward into the island, coming over to where Harrishim was, this time bringing chests of gold to ensure the trade would be a successful one, unaware that the race was to take place the following day.

Taff went to the tent where the other servants were, preparing the tray for Harrishim, not one to indulge in luxuries and honours and simply going to serve his master as he had promised to do.

"The food is ready..." muttered Taff keeping the head ducked at the girls that inevitably adorned Harrishim's tent, his arms visibly shaking simply for seeing them briefly in rather figure hugging outfits.

"Where would you like me to leave your food, master?" quizzed Taff staring at the dishes in a blush

Harrashim, now reclining a bit on pillows scattered around the floor of the lavishly furnished tent. Looked up from a scroll he had been browsing. "You may leave it next to me." He answered Taff as the servant entered. He laughed lightly as he noticed Taff's blushing sideling glances at the women within, most of whom were also lounging, or weaving tapestries and blankets. One girl danced a bit, bells on her clothing jingling softly and rhythmically. Harrashim mostly ignored them though, and began eating as Taff deposited the food, allowing the servant to go about his business without hindrance for the time being.

He wondered vaguely why Taff's friends had not come after the boy, or, if they would soon be showing up. He had put his men on high alert for the time being anyway, as there were newcomers about.

Suddenly, outside the tent, a commotion could be heard as men shouted, the word draggonesss used multiple times in fearful tones. Harrashim was on his feat in an instant, the girls in the room giving startled gasps as he moved out quickly, upsetting the bowls of food.

On the sand many yards outside of camp, the ebony and purple dragoness stood, walking their direction, wings folded and eyes fiery with barely held rage. It was obvious she remembered her time spent here as part of his harem, even though she'd been human at the time.

Once Sendara drew near enough. Harrishim bowed low. "You are looking as beautiful as ever fair dragoness... to what do we owe this... pleasure? Have you come to rejoin my harem, to be the greatest jewel in my camp?" He was merel jesting, yet of course, such wwould be welcomed. The woman was lovely after all. He remembered her red orange hair and pale skin... yes, lovely.
Sendara snorted and vapor escaped her maw as she listened to Harrashim speak. Stupid mortal, to think he could get on her good side after holding her captive once. She eyed him, yet didn't vaporize him as she wished to do. Instead, she scanned the camp for signs of Taff, ignoring the cries of fear from thise in the camp, as well as the soldiers which began gathering near Harrashim. They were nothing to her.

Finally, she turned her head to again regard the bedouin leader. "Where is Taff?" she asked pointedly. "I know he is here."
Taff with fine hearing had heard the wrestless footing of his master, and the knocking over of food and bowls, coming back to his tent to make good on the mess, discard the unwanted food, clean up the stained carpet and realigned the food to make it as appealing to his master as he could.

He was a servant of all houses, a dutiful slave to all masters.

When he heard Sendara's voice, and now that the tent was rearranged for his master, Taff brought a similar blue outfit to what Ryiah had been given in her last visit, in case she shifted form.

"Greetings... empress." saluted Taff with a warm simple smile hushing Pegasus to not even think of charging at Sendara, the war horse not one to shun danger.

"Master, the tent is ready and the food replenished, if you wish it..." explained Taff saluting Harrishim respectfully too.

"Where is Calico, Sendara? Where is your dragon rider?" quizzed Taff curious if alarmed

"Roman warriors and their many vessels are near this island, they are cruel masters, I don't want them to hurt you as a woman and I dont want them to hunt you as a dragon. It were better you accepted my master's hospitality on this occasion at least till your men arrive..." advised Taff holding the dress out to her.

Sendara, glad to see Taff unharmed, picked up on his phrasing, calling Harrishim master. The warlock was obviously under some type of bondage, though as she looked she could see no cuffs, nor bonds of any kind. Why did he stay? Probably something to do with his honor... she mused, not faulting him for it, yet wishing he could have kept them from the trouble of a rescue nonetheless. Now... she considered Taff's words, knowing Calico would be restless if she did not return, yet he had asked her to fly ahead and keep an eye on Taff. She would stay, not for the reason's Taff thought, but to make sure the warlock stayed safe.

With a snort, and eyeing Harrashim she told those nearby to turn away. Making sure they did so, a snort of steam shooting their way, Ryiah finally shifted back into her human form, shaking off the light pain that came with the shift as she quickly donned the outfit Taff had brought. She was, for better or worse, becoming a bit used to the awkwardness of being without clothing momentarily after a shift.

Once clothed, small bells on her own outfit shifting as she moved, she offered Taff a soft thank you, grateful he'd brought the clothing. Then, she turned to Harrashim. "I demand you release Taff back into my service immediately." Her chin lifted, eyes glinting with nearly as much ferocity they carried when in dragon form.

Adressed by Ryiah once again, Harrashim turned honourably back to face her once more, bowing low as his gazed roamed her form. He grinned as he saw the blush rise to her cheeks, then shrugged after she spoke. "Your highness.. unfortunately your jurisdiction does not cast as far as these islands, we do not answer to you, as much as your beauty would make me wish I did." He paused. "This servant was a gift from a warband that is still upon the island. I would not wish to annoy them by releasing their gift so soon. Taff... as he is called, has not been harmed as you can see. But he has already been of great use." Harrashim patted Pegasus soothingly before looking to Taff. "Show her highness to a comfortable tent where she will be a guest of ours for as long as she wishes." He grinned again to Ryiah. "We are glad to have your presence among us once more "
Taff kept staring at his toes his face more red than a juicy tomato ready for picking.
Sendara may have no qualms shifting form but he certainly had issues with the ladies.

"Of course.... of course, master" agreed Taff bringing her to the tent that had been prepared earlier
He allowed her to sit down on comfortable lavish cushions and went to get food bowls, humming away casually as he prepared the food and served it.

"Are you hurt in any way? did you have a good voyage so far?" asked Taff softly as he laid down the food

As Ryiah turned to follow Taff, Harrishim's eyes lingered on her a moment, he then turned to face Ares' men who had approached him bearing coffers of gold. His eyes gleamed at the sight and he ran a few coins through his fingers. "Yes I think this will be adequate enough to provide you with the choicest of breeding Arabians." He murmered to them.

"Now, make yourselves comfortable until the morrow when we will have us a race. My men will see to your comfort, just ask anything and I will try to accomodate you."

Ryiah's gaze moved over the Roman men which had gathered near Harrashim as she walked away, moving as gracefully in the sand as she did on a boat or anywhere else. Concern shadowed her gaze as she suddenly wondered who the men were and just how powerful. She didn't worry overmuch for herself, but for Calico who followed in the boat. He would no doubt arrive by early light tomorrow.

Finally, she sank onto a cushion provided by Taff, and ate a few small pieces of fruit and a few dates. "Thank you Taff." She murmered. "Who are those ... Romans, and why are they here?"
Taff pursed his lips. "Romans hail from an empire far distant from yours it must have taken them more than two years to reach here. Their ruler, is an emperor they call Caesar, more brutish than Calico is and better skilled. They worship gods of great might that provide their ruler with unrivalled skill in return. They are fickle gods for sure but if persuaded to assist there's little anyone can do against them" explained Taff softly

"A battle between them and our pirates would fare worse for the latter, Oceania serves Poseidon, the god of the waters, whom these men worship too. The seas will play against our men, more so if I am not there to find peaceful terms with Poseidon" muttered Taff

"People expect you dragons to protect them from gods wrath and find ways to appease them... gods are vain, they love gold and treasures and more so worship from mortals. That is why you dragons keep such large hoards to convince annoyed deities to appease themselves a little" murmured Taff rubbing the back of his neck, keeping a bright blush on his red face, doing his best to keep his eyes averted at the too many women in her tent, all women besides himself and Ryiah's figure hugging dress left her as candy eye for sure making the matter worse.

"But why have they come... I wonder." Ryiah mused. "Surely this little island can't warrent a two year voyage. Are they targeting my empire?" Worry seeped into her face and she stood up to pace, thinking of the men Harrashim currently dealt with. One battle here was nothing in comparison to having to defend her empire from these Romans. But perhaps... if they only had one boats worth of men... if more were not on the way... perhaps conquest was not in their agenda.

Still, Ryiah worried for what she couldn't know. With a glance to Taff she took a deep breath. "Perhaps I shall go and speak with their leader. I have no gold, even as a dragoness. I need to find out what they want."
Taff lowered the head and listened to her questionings

"Yes, they are mighty enough to take over your empire, yes, they could be attacking as we speak, as for why they are here is probably the same reason as everyone else... the finest horses..." muttered Taff

"Do not forget they are my master Harrishim's guests, you will need your host's permission to approach or question the men, your majesty...." reminded Taff seeing her unsettled.

Ryiah paced at Taff's confirmation of her fears, seemingly unaware of her eye candy status, and ignoring the other women in the tent. She stopped at Taff's last words her gaze going cool. "I do not need his permission. I may not be his empress, but neither are these Romans his men. I will not give Harrashim the opportunity to demand some form of payment just for the opportunity.." she stopped pacing and sighed, wishing Calico were here already, yet fearful of what would happen when he arrived.

Turning back to Taff she asked softly. "Can I not just take you back to the ship with me? As a dragonness it would be easy. Then the Nonesuch needn't even come to the Isand."
"I ... I promised ... to serve him. I cannot break my word, if he wishes to release me into your service then I would more than gladly come along but I cannot just break my oath.

See the Romans caught me at the port and they shackled me in stone chains... you know... stones burn us and drain all magic out of a druid to the point of death itself, I was so close to collapsing I was barely conscious when I came here. It is a miracle and a blessing that these men handed me over to Harrishim, he released the cuff, he has fed and clothed me and has overall treated me fairly, it wouldn't do to show disrespect and ungratefulness sneaking away" pointed out Taff pointing at the discarded shackles.

"They may look like iron but they are definitely made of stone" assured Taff horrified as he stared at them

"If I run away and these Romans were to capture us... they will certainly lock me up in stone again" shruddered Taff clearly horrified at the torture he had to endure

Ryiah ran a hand over her brow. Blast this Harrashim and his greedy honor... still.. she was glad he had released Taff from the chains which caused such obvious pain. She sighed. ... "then... I shall have to barter something to Harrashim which will allow us to leave, get you to the boat, and avoid conflict with the Romans so that many will live. I know of at least one thing I can give him." Her eyes glittered a bit in frustration, then she turned to exit the tent to search for Harrashim.

Finding the man in his own tents, Pegasus well looked after at the stables, Ryiah awaited the men at the tents entrance to announce her. Rather than go in herself, she waited the man to exit and speak with her outside. Chin lifted she began in a soft voice, trying to remain civil.

"I wish to take Taff back with me to my ship. What can I offer in return this? I am willing to negotiate a fair price so that your sense of business and honor ramains intact."

Harrashim, who had indeed been settled, was only too happy to move out and speak with the empress. His eyes flicked over her before he centered his focus on her obviously frustrated face. "My dear, Taff is extremely valuable..." he began in answer, though his gaze spoke his willingness to barter. He may as well have been rubbing his hands together greedily.

"But... what did you have in mind?" His gaze flicked to her figure again, then back to her face. "I have to say, having a dragon empress for a .... longer stay would tempt nearly anyone."
Calico was sleeping in his quarters, with high fever and exhausted by the time the Roman ships came on sight. The crew was hungry and thirsty and almost mutinous for the matter, no less of a pleasant journey than when they went there in the first place to get the gem.

Upon approaching the Roman vessels, fights soon ensued. Rufus had tried to wake up the captain as their vessel was attacked for refusing to change course but by the time Calico managed to find strength to open his eyes he found himself with a sword to his throat demanding his surrender.

The Nonesuch was not too badly damaged in the assault, which ended quite quickly, fortunately.

All it needed was for Calico to crawl over on deck and surrender and the rest of the crew soon disarmed and followed suit, many concerned at the ill state of their captain and swearing that the man should have been permitted to remain laying down and resting and recovering, clearly in no condition to stand at all.

No sooner the crew were shackled, they were marched off their vessel onto the sands and made to walk over to Caesar who was resting in Harrishim's lavish tents.

Calico hardly aware of his surroundings and coughing badly, but dragged by the arms all the same, his limp legs leaving a trail across the sand

Ryiah, face pale and feeling weak for some odd reason, not knowing of Calico's sickness, had been about to respond to Harrashim, when word began to be spread through shouting and the leader's men ran up to Harrashim. "It's the pirate from before, sir, the one with her." He jerked is head toward Ryiah, "his ships been taken and he's being brought before Caesar. The man is very ill."

Ryiah gasped softly, her hand going to her mouth. Understanding dawned and worry blossomed within her. She was feeling the side effect of her heart withim the sickened Calico. Wavering a bit on her feet she felt rage begin to take her as well, despite the weakness. How dare that Roman pig? She was about to whirl and march to the man's tent when Harrashim caught her arm. "My lady, you look unwell indeed, shouldn't you retire to your tent?"

Glaring daggars at the bedouin leader she shook her arm free. "We would have been able to avoid this scenario but for your greed." She spat, then turned and moved towards Caesar's tent. Confronted by any guards outside it she demanded entrance, lips pursed and arms folded over her chest. Despite her bedouin finery, she looked about fit to kill, her eyes blazing.
Ares doubled the guards by the tent, a neat wall of four rows of men, well armed and ready to attack, that did not even permit Harrishim 's men anywhere near it, except for the girls that Caesar had shown a preference for

"Harrishim... my friend... is she one of yours too? I might have an interest on her, myself... I quite like them fiery..." quizzed Ares moving the men briefly parted aside to let Calico be dragged into the tent and tossed upon the carpet at Caesar's feet, a trophy of war and conquest, for Caesar to deal with him as he saw fit.

He noticed her menacing looks but dressed as she was, clearly, this was a spicy eye candy at best. She did look a beauty of his harem after all.

Ryiah felt her cheeks flush at Ares' words and roaming eyes, yet her own gaze continued its flashing. As Calico was dragged by she wavered slightly, a small gasp escaping as she saw his condition. She felt ill herself and struggled to remain upright. Turning her gaze to Ares she lifted her chin. She very nearly demanded the men to turn Calico over to her because she was the Empress, yet her mind remained barely clear enough think perhaps it might not be good for Ares to know yet she was an Empress. Still...

"You can have nothing against that man." She pointed past Ares at Calico, "release him at once. He is with me, my rider... for the race tomorrow." She folded her arms back over her chest, trying to ignore the stares in her direction. "He is clearly sick, and in need of aid."
"My Lord.." Harrashim had followed Ryiah, looking distraught. "Forgive her, she is unwell, and... quite new here. A jewel from across the water. Currently my guest though, or else I would offer her to you, I'm sure you understand..." the bedouin leader tried to pull a bit at Ryiah's arm but she resisted, shaking her head.

"I wish him to be released." She said again, clearly used to her own orders being followed.
"Any vessel which refuses to comply to Caesar's orders and demands and continues to advance forward menacingly are enemies of the empire, our emperor and our gods. Such foolish captains and leaders, when they fall into our hands, become trophies of war, slaves.

Some are put to torture and shame and others put to death instead. Why would I hand Caesar's prize of war over to a common wench from a harem? The slave is not mine to give, it belongs to Caesar" informed Ares raising a baffled eye brow

"Seems to me... given his illness and poor condition and, more importantly, the fact he's henceforth a Roman slave, you'll have to ride yourself at the competition tomorrow, if women are even allowed to participate, or you can bribe another rider to compete on your behalf... I'm sure with your looks and body you'll find many willing men in return for services...." smirked Ares.

"As for healing... food, clothes, drinks or even sleep... slaves get no more and no less than what their master, our mighty emperor Caesar, decides for them. Some are ill and get healing, others meet the end of a sword if they're too sick to serve" shrugged Ares not at all troubled.

"Now we shall not disrespect our gracious host Harrishim here, thus we will retire to our tents and you can retire to yours, madamme" informed Ares

"No one but our gracious host Harrishim and his appointed harem slaves shall disturb the emperor, so speaking to him, appears to me out of the question entirely" muttered Ares nodding the head respectfully at Harrishim

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Across the Sea [closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus