Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Has the Repository inspired YOU...

To make any new characters?

I know before I came here, I had my humans and my sonic-based characters.
They were spread out all over. Fantasy to Sci-fi, to casual.

But I was inspired by so many anthro characters to make a couple of my own to be solely that.
(Such as Faiska which I'm working on)

How about you guys? Have you seen other peoples characters, or peeked into some roleplays, and been inspired to make new ones
since joining the repository?
Hmm...well i can't say I was inspired for anything new...but I did however find someone to engage in a rp with based off the anime Bleach which is...hard to find on Furcadia as it seems like every Bleach based dream I'm stumble upon in Furcadia, never seems to have anybody present.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Create new characters? Not so much. But posting profiles for my Star Trek Online characters has inspired me to roleplay with them more.

And not character related but creating some custom templates has inspired me to touch up my own website a bit :)
Sanne Moderator

Considering I have nearly 80 characters.... no, not quite. :P

But RPR HAS inspired me to RP them more, like darth. :)
Amirrora Topic Starter

@ Lance: Well at least you found something new to do<3

@ Darth: I suppose that works too! ;p

@ Sanne: Ha ha! Nice. I have around that many too. But a lot were one-shots. And I have my mains I like to use.
And that's good the RPR has at least helped in that aspect<3
The Repository did encourage me to flesh my character Clock out a little bit--he was mostly just a design and a name beforehand, simply because I could never find the inspiration to work out the nuances of his personality and history.

Besides that, though, it hasn't inspired me to make anyone new, though it definitely has brought me to polish up a lot of details and think about things concerning my characters that I otherwise might not have!
Sanne wrote:
Considering I have nearly 80 characters.... no, not quite. :P

I've just about the same amount of characters xD But the RPR inspired me to actually flesh some of my newer ones out more fully.
I second Wizard (who I now dub Wizward!)-- I didn't make any new characters soley due to RPR, however they have inspired me to flesh out some of my newer-made and/or neglected charas lying around! <3
You know, I was just thinking about this the other day...
There was a point when I first signed up here where I'd look at some of the templates and me all, OH I WISH I HAD A CHARACTER THAT COULD USE THAT! Or was in that timeline, or it'd make sense for it to use that template...

For example... the city template! I really like it. :D - Sadly, I have no modern characters that would suit that template.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Dylan wrote:
For example... the city template! I really like it. :D - Sadly, I have no modern characters that would suit that template.

That city template is great isn't it? I set it for my Star Wars character as it looks a bit like Coruscant did in my imagination before the movies showed it. I'd like to use it for a vampire character I used to play but I can't for the life of me remember his name.

I guess you could say that RPR has got me thinking about old characters, wondering if there are any I should pick up again or give them profiles.
Dylan wrote:

The darker City Template could be utilized with a non-modern character given the dark feel it has. It could be a darker version of say.....London from back in the 1800s or so.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Has the Repository inspired YOU...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus