Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Dead man rising (open)

Kenneth Wildner (played by Freyya) Topic Starter

Wildner thought about what he'd just heard. at first he dispised liam, but it could've been against his will... and he didn't give the girl drugs...
He decided that the current situation was more urgent.

He turned to Fin. "how do you feel about this place now?"
Finlay O'Brian (played anonymously)

Fin was just beginning to wake up, her nightmares finally reaching the point, that they drove her awake. She shot up in the bed, almost screaming out when she recognized where she was. Then she remembered why she was there, and stopped it before it left her lips. She hadn't heard the man's question, could tell the two had been speaking though..

Wildner, having forgotten Finlay had fallen asleep, thought he had woken her up. he had seen that she only just stopped herself before she screamed.
Wildner quickly ran over to her and put an arm over her shoulder."Fin? Are you allright?" he asked with a concerned voice.

Finlay gave Wildner a small smile and nodded. She wasn't okay, probably would never be, but this was the first time anyone had cared. "Fine..Forgot where I was."

Wildner nodded grimly."Liam told me about your past."

Finlay flinched, even at a reference to it. She wrapped her arms around her legs. Liam told him? What could that mean? Why own up to something like that? She considered again that he might be a genuinely different person now. She looked at him thoughtfully for a moment, then lowered her eyes again. He would certainly have to prove it before she ever let her guard down around him.

"what's wrong?" Wildner asked.

Fin shook her head. "It's nothing." She knew there wasn't much reason in complaining about Liam's presence, most likely they would all need to work together to survive the city.

Wildner thought for a moment.
"As good as this place may seem for a hide-out, this place seems to recall bad memories for both of you." He said. "We will leave tomorrow morning to find a better hiding place."
He then looked at Fin. "You'll be fine." He smiled at her.

Fin gave the man a small smile. She could almost believe him.
Liam (played anonymously)

Liam nodded in agreement, this place had been a safe place, to get out of immediate harms way, that being said, he would be happy to leave here, and never look back.

"Liam, is there any ammunition here?" Wildner asked. "Doesn't matter what kind."
Liam (played anonymously)

Liam pointed to the hatch, there was enough firepower down there to supply a small army.

Wildner climbed down into the hatch and re-emerged with two boxes of shotgun rounds. he sat down on the bed and took a small metal device from his pocket. He started putting bullets in it - five at a time - and when they came out, they had been molded into usable bullets fir his rifle. He smiled at the others.
"Wouldn't want to run out of bullets now would we?"

Finlay watched him work for a moment, what odd things this man had. "Where did you say you were from again?" She asked, finally having accepted her present company, for the time being, and beginning to speak without prompting.

Wildner stopped for a moment. "I'm from the future." he simply said. "I'm a test subject for a time travelling device, but there has been a failure in homebase and I can't go back. I've been travelling through different periods in history to find a time fracture and return home." He continued molding bullets. "And back to my daughter." He smiled at Finlay.

"That's sad, not being able to get back to your family." At one time, she would have thought his story to be fantastical, but hell, they were in the midst of a Zombie Apocalypse, this was surely not the weirdest idea anymore. She hoped he would find what he was looking for. Such a nice man, his daughter was lucky to have him.

"You look a lot like her." Wildner said. A tear was forming in his eye. "you have the same hair. for a moment I thought you were her, but I have been wrong."

She placed a small hand on his shoulder. Trying to convey comfort, but having no real idea how too, she'd never liked a person enough to want to comfort them when they were upset. "I..Im sure you'll find a way back to her. Maybe, even on your end of things, she's trying to get you back herself.."

"She can't do anything. the only way I'll see her back is if I find a time fracture." He dried his eyes and smiled at her, then continued molding bullets. He can't show weakness now, he's supposed to be the strong one. he slipped for a moment, but he pulled himself together again.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Dead man rising (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus