Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Dead man rising (open)

Finlay O'Brian (played anonymously)

Finlay allowed herself to he pulled back up into the motel room. Her eyes fluttered quickly to Liam, somewhat distrustful, somewhat curious, then turned her attention back to the man in front of her. Odd looking weapons. He looked totally out of place, like something from a movie. She wondered if she should trust him, considering the company he was keeping.

"...Finlay" She answered. She was stuck with them for the moment.
Kenneth Wildner (played by Freyya) Topic Starter

Wildner suddenly noticed he was still holding his rifle, so he put it on the bed.
Smiling at Finley, he replied: "hey there Finley, I'm Kenneth Wildner. How are you feeling?"

She wrapped her arms around herself, feeling vulnerable. She was relieved the man had put down his gun. His smile was warm. Perhaps she could trust him.. Still she couldn't shake the nagging voice in her head, telling her to trust no one.

"I'm... I'm fine thankyou. Sorry for leading them here.."

"Don't worry about them, it's all taken care of. you might not want to look out the window, it's not a pretty sight." he rose, took a blanket from his bed and draped it around her shoulder. "here, you must be cold, running around at night."

Fin took the blanket gladly. Giving him a small great full smile in return. "Thanks." Her shoulders, tense, only a moments ago, visibly relaxed.

"you're welcome!" Wildner smiled at her before he got a more serious look on his face.
"Can you tell me what happened to the world? I only just arrived here yesterday."

Finlay raised her eyebrow. "just got here?" She pondered the other question for a moment. " I'm not exactly sure.. Heard a diseased man, escaped a quarentined government medical facility somewhere upstate.. spread like wild fire. Most of the dead bodies are from the mass suicide though.. When it appeared all hope was lost, thousands of people in this city just...decided they couldn't go on.."

Wildner thought of the dead motel owner.
"And what happened to the policemen a couple of blocks from here?"

"There were a lot of riots when the city was being evacuated. Could be that.." Shed lived in the city her entire life, but the majority of that life had been spent in a drug induced haze. She'd only escaped the drugs due to the Zombie outbreak, and even then, she'd missed much of what happened due to a particularly harsh withdrawal period.

"could be that what?" Wildner smiled encouragingly.

"The riots. People just, kind of panicked when faced with death. A lot of good people died, getting trampled or run over by people fleeing the city, a lot of muggings and thefts too." Finlay pulled the blanket a little tighter around her shoulders. " I didn't really see much of it happen though.."

"well then, it doesn't really matter anymore i guess." Wildner sighed. "do you want to get some sleep? you must be exhausted, running around all night."

Finlay shot a look over to Liam again, she wasn't sure she could sleep with him here... Mind you, neither of them had given her any reason not to trust them as of yet. Even as the man before her said the words, she began to notice just how tired she truly was. Her legs were shaky and sore from running for so long. Her eyes heavy from lack of sleep, and nearly fatal amounts of stress. She would sleep, but just in case, she would keep the small exacto knife she carried, hidden under her pillow.

Seeing as Liam was too shocked to stand guard for now, he put the girl to bed and walked over to the balcony - staying inside to keep an eye on the girl, but still watchful of the surroundings.

Wildner had instantly felt an instinct to protect the young girl, as she reminded him of his daughter, Aïsha. He missed her so much.. She had a lot in common with Finlay concerning looks and such - the same body type, the same hair color... He wondered if he'd ever see his daughter again.
Liam (played anonymously)

Liam spent an hour, immersed in his own thoughts and guilt. He knew what he had to do. This girl, finding him, of all people here... It couldn't be a coincidence, it was fate. It was his only chance of inner peace. He knew now that he had to live through this, he would find his redemption in keeping her alive.

Fin tossed and turned for a couple of hours before she fell into a fitful sleep. As they always did, the nightmares began almost immediately. She did not cry out though in the room, the only outward signs of her dreams was the incessant tossing.

Wildner saw Liam move again.
"Liam? Are you okay again?"

Liam nodded. He would be. He had just been shocked. 'Sorry' he scribbled on the wood floor.

"Don't worry about it." Wildner smiled at him. "Can you tell me what happened now?"

Liam sighed. He might as well, it's not like her could change it now, and hiding it didn't do anyone any favours. He started scribbling again on the floor again.

'Was part of a gang before all this shit happened. We made, and dealt drugs here, in this room. all kinds of stuff happened here... Fin got dealt a really bad hand..Her parents, big time junkies, lent out their daughter to the boss, so he could test his drugs on her, in exchange for free supply. I never did it myself, but I babysat a lot, so to speak..She spent a lot of time locked in the hatch'

'....I am not that person anymore.' He felt he had to add. Not sure why though, he wouldn't blame the man for being disgusted with him, he certainly was with himself.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Dead man rising (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus