Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Delete Button for Posts

Kim Site Admin

Sherlock wrote:
Yes...and unfortunately I had to delete some of my own and I do apologize heavily for that.

I saw you edited a post to appease your wife, and of course I encourage that. But if you're referring to what I think you're referring to, you didn't delete it, you left a note in its place explaining what had happened so that it was still understandable that there had been something there that people had been responding to, and why it was no longer there. So no one is spending 15 minutes scrolling up and down wondering why people were talking to someone who didn't appear to be a part of that conversation at any time.

Does that make sense? Are we even talking about the same event? XD
Sanne Moderator

Maybe a silly question, but can you check your mice folks? I've had a couple of those that used to double click if I clicked once, which can cause a lot of issues with clicking POST buttons (it sends the info twice, then results in a double post).

It may be Kim's coding that's acting up on this though. But it seems to happen to a select few people, I've never had double posts before myself and seen basically no double posts either. :O

Best we check both sides! Double posting doesn't seem like the most important issue to address right now, but I'm pretty sure Kim will code an awesome shield of dexterity +5 to ward off the terrible double-post dragons in the future! :D :D :D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

My mouse does that when the battery runs low.
Kim wrote:
Sherlock wrote:
Yes...and unfortunately I had to delete some of my own and I do apologize heavily for that.

I saw you edited a post to appease your wife, and of course I encourage that. But if you're referring to what I think you're referring to, you didn't delete it, you left a note in its place explaining what had happened so that it was still understandable that there had been something there that people had been responding to, and why it was no longer there. So no one is spending 15 minutes scrolling up and down wondering why people were talking to someone who didn't appear to be a part of that conversation at any time.

Does that make sense? Are we even talking about the same event? XD

Yes, that is the bit I was referring to.
Kim Site Admin

Can we all kindly attempt to make double posts?
Kim wrote:

Certainly. Gives me an excuse to use the dice roll. :)

rolled 1d100 and got 41

Quote:
The double post monster strikes again!
We think you accidentally double clicked the submit button, because we just received more than one copy of this message. We've only posted one.

Just in case, your message was:
Kim wrote:
Certainly. Gives me an excuse to use the dice roll. :)

Go back

And this is what I received. :) However, it only shows your quote and not mine. Though I don't think that's any form of an issue.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Will this double post? Time shall tell.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

It did not, nice work Kim :)
Sanne Moderator

Double post tiem!

Edit: I clicked the button 10x fast in a row. :D And I got this lovely message:

We think you accidentally double clicked the submit button, because we just received more than one copy of this message. We've only posted one.

Double post tiem!

Go back
Kim Site Admin

I could be really tired and so not comprehending, but which quote of yours is it not showing, Sherlock?
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Kim wrote:
I could be really tired and so not comprehending, but which quote of yours is it not showing, Sherlock?

Testing.

Edit: having just tried to recreate what I thought was the problem, it shows the message, the above quote and my reply just fine. I do see the actual BB Code for the quote tags but that's not really an issue.
Kim Site Admin

darth_angelus wrote:
Edit: having just tried to recreate what I thought was the problem, it shows the message, the above quote and my reply just fine. I do see the actual BB Code for the quote tags but that's not really an issue.

That is intentional so that you can copy/paste what is on the screen and not lose any work.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Suspected that might be the case.
Kim wrote:

Do you see where it says
Quote:

Kim wrote:
Certainly. Gives me an excuse to use the dice roll.

Go back

Where it says "Certainly. Gives me an excuse to use the dice roll." It doesn't quote to whom said it, which was I. Unless it is not supposed to. However, by the structure I think it should have. But I've been wrong/mistaken before.
Kim Site Admin

No, it is just repeating your post back to you. Because that was what you wrote in your original post, there's no reason to put it in quotes.

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Delete Button for Posts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus