Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » 2087 RP Disscussion

All right hopefully I dont embarrass myself again. I thought of some interesting tidbits Isaac and Quintus could talk about, me knowing the basics of Halo lore and how some beats are similar in this setting.

Edit: We got a potential Neko in the Looking for Rp Thread, OP.
A few questions about the crystal, when it glows is it random or does it follow some sort of pattern like Morse code or binary? Second, can it understand if someone talks to it normally or only through telepathy? can it sense if it is being damaged? and finally would it have any properties/abilities usable to a normal human?
SmewQueen Topic Starter

Deathmarch419 wrote:
A few questions about the crystal, when it glows is it random or does it follow some sort of pattern like Morse code or binary? Second, can it understand if someone talks to it normally or only through telepathy? can it sense if it is being damaged? and finally would it have any properties/abilities usable to a normal human?

Ok. When it talks it follows a pattern. It can understand everyone and can speak outloud for all to hear if it wishes. It cannot be damaged. Only RT's know how to destroy their crystals. And very few at that. And unless it's master allows it to It cannot give any properties to anyone else.
Quick, someone distract these soldiers before the not-nephilim has to obliterate them into non-existence! Or... would they go to either Hell or Heaven? Could they then come back really pissed off that they died and take revenge?

Where do Angels go when they die? Sounds like a good title to a melodramatic novel.
SmewQueen Topic Starter

coke_monster wrote:
Quick, someone distract these soldiers before the not-nephilim has to obliterate them into non-existence! Or... would they go to either Hell or Heaven? Could they then come back really pissed off that they died and take revenge?

Where do Angels go when they die? Sounds like a good title to a melodramatic novel.

I've gotta be honest. I made up my own definitions for fallen angels and stuff like that. When an angel dies it becomes a flallen angels and re-spawn in hell.
SmewQueen Topic Starter

coke_monster wrote:

And I won't kill the soldiers without permission from their roleplayer.
Good to know. Im guessing Demons are just right back, however. Like Daedra from Elder Scrolls, they sort of just go back until they can return. Must be packed in there...

Id normally bombard gm's with questions like these, but Id rather not detract from the rp.

Same same on the murder-policy.

Edit: Does Sin want to get a word in or toss that pokeball before I shoot the fleeing suspect?
SmewQueen Topic Starter

coke_monster wrote:
Good to know. Im guessing Demons are just right back, however. Like Daedra from Elder Scrolls, they sort of just go back until they can return. Must be packed in there...

Id normally bombard gm's with questions like these, but Id rather not detract from the rp.

Same same on the murder-policy.

Edit: Does Sin want to get a word in or toss that pokeball before I shoot the fleeing suspect?

I don’t care what you do. And never be scared to hurt or nearly kill my characters. I’ll allow that on ME, but ask others about their characters. I don’t want a non role play fight to break out.
That went south real quick. And really anime with the sudden explanations and backstory. I don't know if I'd chosen zomboes as our fodder, but it'll do for something to ally against. If we survive this, I'd put forth an idea of the formation of an experimental squad consisting of "tamed" monsters and capable soldiers as a way to continue the rp in that direction if we want.
I'd be cool with that, changed what I had planned so my character is now gonna end up meeting up with you guys, possibly.
SmewQueen Topic Starter

k thanks. I'm still not the most experienced rper.
I'm new at it too :) btw maybe we should figure out a time we could all be on at, so we can move the story along a bit faster?
Been here a year, so this feels familiar to some extent. If you guys want to try setting a day and time to go ham on posts, I'm for it. This pace is pretty good to me, though I get the want for things to go faster. It's that New RP Adrenaline. I'm sure someone has coined a catchier name for it, but eh. Can't think of it.
I'm okay either way but a bit faster would be nice. And I'm usually free past
3pm
Im on daily, my schedule of when that is varies hugely because of a weird job schedule. Waiting for DontBeTrippin to get a post in.
Ah I see, and yeah I can usually go on daily as well
Should we all wait another day for DontBeTrippin? I'm surprised at how polite everyone is at not cutting the posting order we got going, and I don't want to be the one to do it! Hmm, I'll shoot him a pm.
I don't mind waiting another day if everyone else is cool with it, maybe we can discuss ideas as to where this will go? or flesh out the world, landscape etc?
Aaaaaahhh those are the magic words. World-building is SO my jam. You don't know how many questions I have that I'm just waiting for the right time to annoy the DM with:

What do Demons say Hell is like?
What do Angels say Heaven is like?
Why would Angels ever leave a place called Heaven? Something must be terribly wrong up there.
Do Atheists even... exist now that Christian lore is kind of confirmed? Like, who would even dispute this?
How destroyed is the world? I'm imagining America as this smaller country just because of how much land the Monsters destroyed/pillaged.
Are humans disqualified for Angel-hood after death if they kill a Fallen Angel?
Why is a hetero-chromia monster girl listening to Pink Floyd in the year 2087?
Is Satan a chill dude?

Obviously, don't answer those if you don't want to, Smew. I don't know what point I was trying to make typing all that, but eh. Those are the questions I had when I first saw the premise. Anything you had in mind to discuss?
Personally I was curious about the city's layout, how chaotic the world is, the tech level at 2087 (for example is travel to other dimensions possible or is it limited to powerful mystical/fantasy being?) and Im also curious as to any possible threats lurking around in this world

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » 2087 RP Disscussion

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus