Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Thunder in the Heights (OOC)

Iltheyn Topic Starter

Yeah! Though in the case I'm thinking of it does actually have visible symptoms and does impact her life. She's just not going feral/crazy/etc from it. For some reason I found the name of this trope to be very amusing.

And I was thinking tvtropes probably had some category or another she'd it into. Guess I was right! xD
You guys do all your chatting while I do my sleeping I guess xD
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Well, I'm still around. Not usually awake at this hour, trying to figure out what to do with my time.
Hi! Nice sketch btw :) turned out great. Also, glad to be a subcontious inspiration! XD
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Hi! And thanks! I've been fiddling with photoshop for a little while now, trying to see if I can make something comparatively good. And I do certainly need more female characters. I'll probably try to flesh the idea out more before I do anything with her on here though.
Sounds like a fun idea you've got to start with :D I have never made any male characters, though I've played a fair amount of male NPC's. Harder to get into the mindset of the opposite gender xD
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Yeah, thats true. Oftentimes I'll try to get into a character of a gender I'm not familiar with by trying to figure out what being that gender meant for them and how they respond to it. Its never meant to be a huge part of their character, though some characters may end up more conventionally masculine/feminine than others.
Posted! Apparently I am struggling to keep them short and sweet lately XD This is fun so far!
TheTwilightWarrior

BreezyDawn wrote:
Posted! Apparently I am struggling to keep them short and sweet lately XD This is fun so far!

I could imagine Jesse coughing violently while in the Argonaut with Brink XD
Oh gads :P
Also, I think Brink's ship is something similar to this
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Dropped a bit of an exposition bomb there. Sorry if it is tedious and/or anti-climatic. Also my profile on Enth is inaccurate to the Enth in the post, as I only made a fantasy version. He's a bit different in this setting, but personality wise is mostly the same.

Edit: I have a first attempt at the design for Grunts here. I probs wont be coloring the other forms. I am very attached to the farrovii though. So even if this thread dies, I may do more with them in the future.

tumblr_oy5ybiSLca1u7iyfho1_1280.jpg
TheTwilightWarrior

iltheyn wrote:
Dropped a bit of an exposition bomb there. Sorry if it is tedious and/or anti-climatic. Also my profile on Enth is inaccurate to the Enth in the post, as I only made a fantasy version. He's a bit different in this setting, but personality wise is mostly the same.

Edit: I have a first attempt at the design for Grunts here. I probs wont be coloring the other forms. I am very attached to the farrovii though. So even if this thread dies, I may do more with them in the future.

tumblr_oy5ybiSLca1u7iyfho1_1280.jpg

It's not too tedious, I don't think :/ I've read worse.

Oooo! Very nice~<3 So what can gets past their armour? Just conventional firearms or maybe something more? :O
Iltheyn Topic Starter

They have weaknesses in the glass of their visors, neck, sides of the waist and back. Its not well defined in the image at all, but there are a pair of canisters on the upper back of their chest piece. Shooting there won't pierce it but depressurizing the canisters will cause internal damage to the armor. It leaves room for a shot to the back which potentially could hurt them very badly.

As for what exactly would be best-- I'd say, with the exception of the Cowbell guys, electrified rounds are the most useful. The big pieces of armor aren't going to be affected by it but kinks could be exploited. And then you'd have a roasted vegetable! *Coughs*
TheTwilightWarrior

iltheyn wrote:
They have weaknesses in the glass of their visors, neck, sides of the waist and back. Its not well defined in the image at all, but there are a pair of canisters on the upper back of their chest piece. Shooting there won't pierce it but depressurizing the canisters will cause internal damage to the armor. It leaves room for a shot to the back which potentially could hurt them very badly.

As for what exactly would be best-- I'd say, with the exception of the Cowbell guys, electrified rounds are the most useful. The big pieces of armor aren't going to be affected by it but kinks could be exploited. And then you'd have a roasted vegetable! *Coughs*

Oooh boy. Jesse's gonna enjoy this ;P honestly though, Cowbell is a bloody creative name for describing a specific alien type ;3
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Thanks! I've been playing with the biological aspects of aliens for a little while. I know 'sentient plants' isnt very intense sounding by anyone's standards but I do like the way my design of them as a species has gone so far. You can't really see the details with the armored grunt pic, but I thought of a lot of stuff when making them. And of course it all ties back to other aspects of the story in my head. I don't know that it'll go the exact way i imagined, but I'm prepared to improvise if it doesn't. Its not a game breaker.
Wow, sounds intriguing! :) can't wait for more story to unfold.
Suki Jahani (played anonymously)

Wow. I missed a bit while incommunicado.

I'll get a post up asap.
TheTwilightWarrior

Soz peeps. Gonna watch Tombstone tonight before it's too late ^^;
Iltheyn Topic Starter

Np guys. I'ma wait til John's post so that my antagonistic ferns don't disregard Jesse.

Here's that cat mask fella from my posts.

See more
tumblr_oy8h5vRVWU1u7iyfho1_1280.jpg

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Thunder in the Heights (OOC)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus