Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Yersinia's Rune Readings [closed]

RedLantern

Yersinia wrote:
Ghost of the Dark Forest wrote:
I've barley glanced and I'm already fascinated. One where'd you learn to do these? And I'm not being some skeptical asshole, my family actually has a long line of rune readers, I tried to get into it and apparently the Norns find I to sufficiently useless. Either that or my grand ma still hated me for eating one if her rune stones.
'LightSide-Lucree wrote:
I have to second Delta's question: where did you learn to cast runes? I know with tarot, you have to browse until a deck feels "right" in your hands. That's why I'm still contemplating on where I should look first for my tarot deck, Rider-Waite be damned. //Shot

To be completely honest, I learned from the internet! Apparently there used to be oracles in my family, but they're long dead.

A disclaimer: although the supernatural fascinates me, I'm a skeptical asshole myself and can't profess a strong belief in it. I just think this is an interesting way to provoke thought and self-reflection.

Regarding the runestones themselves, I made them by collecting pebbles of similar sizes and shapes from the forest I used to play in a lot as a kid. They're supposed to be better if you make them yourself. Although, you're also supposed to paint the runes on with mouse blood. While that was well within my capabilities given my hobbies, I thought red paint might be cleaner, lmao. You keep the runes in a wooden box and don't let them touch other people, or the table you cast on (I use a rabbit pelt as a buffer instead of a cloth).

For those of you who've been reading all of these and might be wondering why the same runes keep popping up over and over, it's because I use the Elder Futhark, and there's only twenty-four runes. There's only four I haven't drawn at all yet.

Just like you, I'm a sceptikal one, but just like good books who say things I agree with, The runes jus cast something like a good book, they said something reality and I agreed with. x)
RedLantern

[quote='Yersinia'

DAGAZ - INGWAZ - PERTHRO

PAST / DAGAZ / OPPOSITION: it's popularly believed that "day" cannot be murkstave, but it can oppose the runes around it. Similar to daytime, Dagaz embodies the sense of security and clarity that comes with being able to see the world around you and be surrounded by people. In opposition, it's similar to the night; uncertain, uneasy, the feeling that you've reached an end. Unrelenting boredom isn't a far stretch. But, as the rocks say, that's in the past.

PRESENT / INGWAZ: right beside Dagaz in the runic alphabet is the rune for "earth" and the symbol of the god Yngvi, from whom Swedish kings used to believe they were descended. This rune represents the warmth and stability of a home that you need to confidently move on to new endeavors. So maybe the Norns are suggesting you try new things to cure your boredom. Also, because Ingwaz is right next to a rune in opposition, it could also indicate feelings of work with no change. That working class vibe can suck the joy out of everything. (excuse-me I did not understood :/)

FUTURE / PERTHRO: "lot cup", like the kind you use to play dice or games of chance with. This rune is a representation of free will and the uncertainties of life. The Norns don't have a straight answer for you, but seem to think that it would be in your interest to, well, explore your interests and take a few chances. But not dangerous chances because I don't want you to, like, follow the advice of rocks to your death or something.

Two of your three runes are in Tyr's Ætt! The justice god seems really interested in you.
[/center][/quote]

Heeehe, Thank you!! x)

Og Tyr's Please follow though! x)

P.S : well, sure boredom should be over : two of our electronics gave out today. XD
One the one for cooking, and our dish washer is leaking. XD
our microwave does not seems to doing well, too. XD

Arg, hopefully, would says that soon, I'll have a work, and some hobbies x), and so boredom will just give out. xD Be positive! xD

Haaha, I love it!!^^ I love this game!!:)
It's so funny to read omens on yourself!!^^

P.S: I just cook a new veggy today, and surprisingly, it was fun to do. Well, to be h, unexpectangly interesting, because cooking is REALLY not in my dominions xD, for such skills as cooking you need looot of patience, and I could not find some most of the time. x)

I like it because I let it cook on it's own and it just came out so well. x)

Plus, the little seeds in it, well, I like them.

I will keep some. xD
I was projecting on planting them in earth. xD

Woho! :)

Love you! x) And love you runes!! :D
So, if you don't mind me coming back to this wonderful thread, I must ask one more question:

Will I ever be able to contain my nervousness/anxiety of being around large groups or is it something I'll have to endure?
RedLantern

Can we ask two times a same question, but due to recent actions or events of our own, it's like, legit to ask again?

Because I really feel like as you again, a question. :X

Cheer!!^^<3
RedLantern

SINDragon wrote:
So, if you don't mind me coming back to this wonderful thread, I must ask one more question:

Will I ever be able to contain my nervousness/anxiety of being around large groups or is it something I'll have to endure?
hey, maybe you'll never have to be in larges groups every in your life again, so it's really no big as a deal! x)

But we'll let Yersi's runes tell us! x)

Could be so funny omygad x)
Yersinia Topic Starter

Thanks for all your kind words! Yes, it's fine to come back and ask another question, or to ask the same/similar ones again and see if you get a different answer.

I have to go work on some essays now, but I'll try to respond again later tonight.
Ghost of the Dark Fo (played by jpdelta)

Ok that's really cool, I always wished I could do it, stone reading is very difficult and I'm impressed. So um anyway I do have a question.
Dear Norns of past present and future I a decedent of your loyal readers asks you a question, where would I find my my grand mothers family and how?
Asroc

A primitive and readings? If so, will I get over my distaste for humans?
RedLantern

Yersinia wrote:
Thanks for all your kind words! Yes, it's fine to come back and ask another question, or to ask the same/similar ones again and see if you get a different answer.

I have to go work on some essays now, but I'll try to respond again later tonight.

You're lovely!!:)

Will I get a work SOON, again, as for different, I tried this time to get work in another way!

(Please, people, do not, legal way. xD Swear)
I know this phrasing could be confusing, just...well, I'm embarassing myself, hopefully it's clear enough as english to be understood xD - I won't feel like expain like 3333 paragraphs how did I spoke to who...xD

Well, is this new contact/news contacts ( but not the friends contacts new ones I made) will be succefull?)

Gosh, just stick to the first sentence, please, Plus I feel not deblatering about personnal life on here xD.
Swear it's no funny, morally ambigous business. xD, Swear!
RedLantern

Asroc wrote:
A primitive and readings? If so, will I get over my distaste for humans?
Goodluck! ^^

I knew this as a younger child, but it passed, but whatever, we do not share the same life, so, wel, could not tell you. xD Just with one question! Goodluck for new! :)
RedLantern

Ok that's really cool, I always wished I could do it, stone reading is very difficult and I'm impressed. So um anyway I do have a question.
Dear Norns of past present and future I a decedent of your loyal readers asks you a question, where would I find my my grand mothers family and how?

though one.

Good luck.

Tried here, but for a different time.

You could try to find by DNA now, and hope for the best to narrow the research after the results. :/
RedLantern

Will wait for you! :) But if You can't tonight, please do not! ^^
We could always have until 31th, right? xD

O my god, I'm so gonna ask you question for the 31oct. Might be. xD

<3 xo
These have been really fun to read--even the stuff that you've done for others. I really like your interpretations and writing style!
RedLantern

HOPEFULLY omens will be good, cause I won't read it until tomorrow if you're no in the late evening where youa re xD

Gonna go to bed for me. :)

Hear you later!^^
Haaa, oh those runestones. I'm kind of impressed -- that seemed like a pretty clear 'I can't tell you what to do but you and I both know you have to do something, so give it a shot. You'll be okay. ' Aight, I'll take my metaphysical medicine.

Thank you for these. They're a blast and pretty insightful, for all that.
RedLantern

jkatkina wrote:
Haaa, oh those runestones. I'm kind of impressed -- that seemed like a pretty clear 'I can't tell you what to do but you and I both know you have to do something, so give it a shot. They're a blast and pretty insightful, for all that.

Could say the same, I share your pain.
RedLantern

Norses Godesses and Gods,

I hope your dear rune's caster will be able to do runes casting for us soon, because we are, but I certainly are, aching for asking you some questions, that I need help with answers, and getting of my chest, and think about it with somebody else.

I thereby, if you listen my plea and receive this prayer, thanks you much to listen to it, and to make it happens.

Haï! :)
Yersinia Topic Starter

Thanks again for your patience and participation, everyone. Happy Hallow's Eve!

SINDragon wrote:
XCdcvJ6.gif9.gifWoyNCDh.gif
PERTHRO - HAGALAZ - WUNJO

PAST / PERTHRO / MURKSTAVE: this rune means "lot cup"; the cup you play dice/games of chance with. It represents the uncertainties of life-- and if life is the game, so to speak, then Perthro encompasses the memory and problem-solving skills one needs to succeed at it. Murkstave, it indicates feelings of loss and loneliness, which could certainly relate to your anxiety.

PRESENT / HAGALAZ: this was the only rune I hadn't drawn yet, and someone finally got it. Hagalaz is the symbol for "hail". It represents restrictions that can be painful but are ultimately temporary-- hail stings but always melts back to water. It also embodies the wrath of nature and trial and tribulation. But since this is one of Heimdall's runes, it isn't a futile struggle, but a struggle leading to introspection.

FUTURE / WUNJO / MURKSTAVE: however, introspection doesn't always produce useful results. Wunjo means "joy". This rune is primarily about friendship, balance, and harmony. Murkstave, it can indicate sorrow and alienation from social groups. This seems grim, but again, runes don't prophesize the future. Just provoke thought about it. In this case, the Norns might be warning you that overthinking will lead to unhappiness.

Two of your three runes are in Heimdall's Ætt! He's associated with light, protection, and self-betterment. I think that's a good omen.

I don't think my rocks are very good bloodhounds, but I'll give it a shot!

23.gif20.gif14.gif
DAGAZ - MANNAZ - PERTHRO

PAST / DAGAZ: the rune for "day" symbolizes clarity, awareness, and breakthroughs. Since I drew this rune for your past, it could indicate you recently made progress in your search, experienced greater success in the past, or recently had the issue of your grandmother's missing(?) family brought to your attention. Or I'm horrendously sleep-deprived and grasping at straws. Probably that.

PRESENT / MANNAZ: the symbol for "mankind". Mannaz embodies the height of human intellect and creativity, and the collective strength of mankind when people work together. It indicates that you can ask for help from others and expect to receive it. While my magic rocks can't tell you where your grandmother's family is, they seem sure you can find them by both your own faculties and the assistance of others. Some unsolicited advice from me, who is not an all-seeing fate deity but is in the same boat: ancestry and genealogy programs are useful. If all the documents are in a language you can't read, there's someone out there who can. Just ask for help.

FUTURE / PERTHRO: "lot cup", like those used in games of chance. Perthro represents the unpredictable and mysterious nature of life. It entails memory and problem-solving skills. Interestingly, there's another interpretation of this rune that views it as highly feminine. To sound like a seedy carnival fortune teller, it could be that you can expect help from a woman, or that you should be focusing your search on a woman (which I guess is a given, since you're looking for your grandmother's family.)

Two of your three runes are from Tyr's Ætt! His domains are law, justice, and analytical thought.

Asroc wrote:
If so, will I get over my distaste for humans?
t4Ql8ex.gif10.gif16.gif
ALGIZ - NAUTHIZ - SOWILO

PAST / ALGIZ / MURKSTAVE: the rune for "elk" is normally a powerful protective sigil that represents the instinctive natures of wild animals. Murkstave, it warns about hidden dangers and urges you to turn back, or at least to proceed with caution. I don't know the specifics of your life, but this seems to pertain to previously rocky encounters with humans.

PRESENT / NAUTHIZ: "need-fire", or self-reliance. The endurance, determination, and motivation leading to survival. This rune indicates that, presently, you are an independent being-- perhaps fiercely so. This can be a lonely road, but it seems to be serving you well.

FUTURE / SOWILO: the rune for "sun" indicates that, should you continue the way you're going, you'll find clarity. This could be clarity either cementing your dislike of humans or an omen that you'll experience a change of perspective. This is one of Heimdall's runes-- his domain involves illumination and complex thought. You don't have to like mankind, say the Norns, but it's worth some contemplation. Not much to do on the lonely road except think, anyways.

All three of your runes are in Heimdall's Ætt. Like I mentioned, his domain is often associated with higher thought that ultimately leads to self-betterment.

RedLantern wrote:
Will I get a work SOON
I swear to the gods I shuffle these runes like a maniac, Nauthiz just really wants to be out today.

19.gif10.gif13.gif
EHWAZ - NAUTHIZ - EIHWAZ

PAST / EHWAZ: it's weird how you keep getting this one. Once again, Ehwaz means "horse" and represents steady progress as the result of hard work and harmonious relationships with others. This indicates that your friendships in the past have been beneficial to you and speaks of new connections, as you mentioned.

PRESENT / NAUTHIZ: "need-fire" or self-reliance. The Norns think you're as ready as you'll ever be to hunt down a job. This rune is about independent drive, but I wouldn't totally discount the helpfulness of your new contacts. It's just a reminder that people can only help you so much, and that should all else fail you can still count on yourself.

FUTURE / EIHWAZ: "yew" is a powerful protective rune. As something ends, something new begins. Eihwaz represents the pursuit of reasonable goals, success, dependability, and trustworthiness. The Norns seem to think your new contacts are promising.

This time, two of your three runes are in Heimdall's Ætt! He's a prominent protective figure in Norse mythology. Ehwaz is still from Tyr's sphere of influence, though, so the justice god's still got his eye on you.
Yersinia wrote:
Thanks again for your patience and participation, everyone. Happy Hallow's Eve!

SINDragon wrote:
Rocks have spoken:

XCdcvJ6.gif9.gifWoyNCDh.gif
PERTHRO - HAGALAZ - WUNJO

PAST / PERTHRO / MURKSTAVE: this rune means "lot cup"; the cup you play dice/games of chance with. It represents the uncertainties of life-- and if life is the game, so to speak, then Perthro encompasses the memory and problem-solving skills one needs to succeed at it. Murkstave, it indicates feelings of loss and loneliness, which could certainly relate to your anxiety.

PRESENT / HAGALAZ: this was the only rune I hadn't drawn yet, and someone finally got it. Hagalaz is the symbol for "hail". It represents restrictions that can be painful but are ultimately temporary-- hail stings but always melts back to water. It also embodies the wrath of nature and trial and tribulation. But since this is one of Heimdall's runes, it isn't a futile struggle, but a struggle leading to introspection.

FUTURE / WUNJO / MURKSTAVE: however, introspection doesn't always produce useful results. Wunjo means "joy". This rune is primarily about friendship, balance, and harmony. Murkstave, it can indicate sorrow and alienation from social groups. This seems grim, but again, runes don't prophesize the future. Just provoke thought about it. In this case, the Norns might be warning you that overthinking will lead to unhappiness.

Two of your three runes are in Heimdall's Ætt! He's associated with light, protection, and self-betterment. I think that's a good omen.

..Alright, so I've gotten a Murkstave Wunjo both times and due to a certain 'tradition' (but not really) of my family, I need a pendent or tattoo of that haha.
Putting that aside, this reading seemed to really reinforce my social problems. Oh lord. If I'm completely honest? I think this reading just made me give complete faith into these rocks whoops. I've been told for most of my life that I overthink things, which then most likely resulted in social ineptitude.
I guess what I'm saying is that this was pretty accurate and that throwing rocks at a table is definitely doing something (other than throwing rocks at a table, of course).
Ghost of the Dark Fo (played by jpdelta)

Thanks that makes sense, and really cool. My grandma was adopted, we have one photo of her mom but that's it and we've been trying to find them as a last wish from her.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Yersinia's Rune Readings [closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus