Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Yersinia's Rune Readings [closed]

Yersinia wrote:
Once again, two of these three runes are from Heimdall's Ætt, and given that I mix up the runes after every reading I have no explanation for this except that Heimdall is apparently RPR'S bodyguard. Good news for you in any case.
SINDragon wrote:
As a sucky teen,

will I be able to communicate feelings to the specific person who makes my brain switch off or will I be a coward like always?
I interpreted "makes my brain switch off" as someone you like and not someone who causes you inexplicable grief and horror, which is probably what you meant? I hope.

WoyNCDh.gif19.gif13.gif
WUNJO - EHWAZ - EIHWAZ

PAST / WUNJO / MURKSTAVE: normally, Wunjo means "joy" and embodies social harmony and balance. Murkstave, it indicates feelings of sadness or alienation, which you mentioned in your question. One point for the Norns.

PRESENT / EHWAZ: this is the "horse" rune. In the context of relationships, it means teamwork, progress, and ideal relationships. Compatibility between people. That sort of thing. Ehwaz represents moving forward and change for the better. A bunch of Norse gods think you're capable of this.

FUTURE / EIHWAZ: the symbol for "yew" is a powerful protective rune. It represents the end of one thing and beginning of another and the pursuit of goals that are reasonable for you. Since you got this rune rightside up, it's a good omen! Cowardice doesn't have to be in your future.
[/center]

Well, I mean, Heimdall is a member here ;)

Aha, thank you for doing a reading. :D I'm glad to know that the Norse Gods think I'm somewhat capable of doing something haha. <3
RedLantern

Yersinia wrote:
RedLantern wrote:
Would I Get a WORK, SOON?
24.gif21.gif17.gif
OTHALA - LAGUZ - TIWAZ

PAST / OTHALA: "ancestral home" Othala represents the uncompromisable parts of ourselves and what we identify as truly important. Since I drew this for your past, it could mean that previously you've had friends and family support you while you're between jobs. Or, if not, you still have your integrity and all those other strengths of character. They don't put money in your bank account, but they still matter in the long run.

PRESENT / LAGUZ: the symbol for "lake". It embodies the flexibility, energy, and power of water, which are all decent traits to have while job-hunting. If you read this rune literally, it could also mean you'll find work at a lake, but I think you're more likely to find fish. One sandal. Maybe some broken glass.

FUTURE / TIWAZ: "creation". This is Tyr's rune and embodies justice, honour, logic, and success. More importantly, success without sacrifice. All-in-all a good omen. Next the Norns will be clipping job ads out of the newspaper.

All three of your runes are in Tyr's Ætt! His sphere of influence often has to do with justice. Given what I know about your circumstances, I'd say having a justice god looking out for you is a good thing. Cheers!

Wohooo! So accurate for ancestral home! I laughed for finding job at a lake, I which XD! Well, it was good to read some good omens, even as a light-hearted game thank you! x)
And, we'll all hope that Tyr' is really looking out over my shoulder, cause' God, I need you Justice! XD
Haha, thanks!^^
RedLantern

I will though about another question for you tonight, or tomorrow! ^^

Your game is cool! ^^

Xo
Yersinia Topic Starter

Thanks to everyone who's participated so far! You've been lovely.

budgieboi wrote:
How do I get back into roleplaying? Like, how would I be able to enjoy and feel competent at it once again?
16.gif2.gif3.gif
SOWILO - URUZ - THURISAZ

PAST / SOWILO: this rune has been popping up a lot, which is probably a good sign, because it means "sun". It symbolizes clarity, success, and positive change. Since I drew it for your 'past' rune, it would indicate you've run into trouble with roleplaying recently, which from your question it seems you have. My rocks can't tell you what changed, though. Not in their job description.

PRESENT / URUZ: "auroch". Like a wild ox, Uruz represents untamed power, drive, and potential. A liberal interpretation would be that you need to rush headlong back into roleplaying; the Norns seem sure that you have all the faculties necessary to be competent at it if you recognize your innate strengths.

FUTURE / THURISAZ: this is Thor's rune, meaning "thorn" or "giant". While it symbolizes vitality and protection, most importantly it represents the ability to passively resist conflict. In the context of roleplaying, it could be warning you of a future conflict-- be it creative or social --but also reminding you that you can shrug it off and keep writing. Thor's got your back. What a guy.

Also of interest: two of your three runes are in Freyja's Ætt! She's a central figure in Norse mythology and a catch-all goddess in the domains of fertility, wealth, war, and death. The Swiss army knife of deities. Not a bad lady to have looking out for you.
Lupus-Raziel-Shadows

Oh norse goddesses of fate, will anyone buy my art???????
Ooh, I have another!

Generally, should I be relying more on my gut (intuition, emotions, 'gut feelings', etc.) or on my head (careful though, double-checking, research) these days?
Oh mighty runes, will I make new friends?
RedLantern

Oh Norses Gods and Godess, I humbly comes before you to get an answer to question I ask myself.

How can I be motivated, but more, how can I make happend and gather the strenght of execution, morally speaking, to do things I plan to do. XD I somewhat laking this, and it's a big slower in my life.

Thank you XD

Huh, I wanted to play funny ones, but this one came to my mind first. :) I want some runes! XD

edit Sorry Yersinia. x)"
RedLantern

And I had another question that came to mind, But I'll wait until you get back to others and the present one.

Your idea, your runes reading was a great proposition for game!:)

Halloween makes me so joyful!^^
RedLantern

Hopefully you will answer tonight x), we're pending at your wait!
Yersinia Topic Starter

Lupus-Raziel-Shadows wrote:
Oh norse goddesses of fate, will anyone buy my art???????
0sof2gN.gifu0AZAY6.gif12.gif
LAGUZ - URUZ - JERA

PAST / LAGUZ / MURKSTAVE: "lake" or "water". Laguz is normally a rune associated with imagination and psychic energy. Murkstave, it can indicate feelings of confusion or creative blocks, which in this context I'll hesitantly interpret as meaning maybe you were nervous/anxious about trying to sell your art. In any case, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Laguz represents the adaptability and power of water. Be like the water, say the Norns.

PRESENT / URUZ / MURKSTAVE: normally Uruz encompasses the strengths of an auroch, or wild ox; uncontrollable power and untamed potential. Murkstave, it indicates rashness or misdirected energy. The same wild ox headbutting a rock in the forest for six hours. To be honest, I don't know what to do with this one. Maybe the Norns are suggesting you try a new approach to selling your art? Or they might just be scatterbrained (they've got their hands full with the fate of the world and whatnot.)

FUTURE / JERA: ending things off on a positive note, we have the rune for "harvest". It symbolizes the constant flux of life and the fruition of hard work. It's a good omen for you; whatever you decide to do next, the Norns think it'll pay off for you and lead to stability and contentment.

dray wrote:
Generally, should I be relying more on my gut (intuition, emotions, 'gut feelings', etc.) or on my head (careful though, double-checking, research) these days?
5.gif7.gif4.gif
RAIDHO - GEBO - ANSUZ

PAST / RAIDHO: a rune meaning "wagon". Raidho represents journey, focus, and change during a period of decision-making (choosing a fork in the road, so to speak). Because I drew this rune for your past, it doesn't answer your question, but it does indicate something happened to propel you to that state of mind (which is kind of a given, magic rocks, or else nobody would be here. Jeez.)

PRESENT / GEBO: "gift". Gift-giving was, for the Norse, a balance of sacrifice and generosity. It forged powerful bonds between individuals. As a rune, Gebo is the antithesis of loneliness. Because I'm a total hack I can't say how this relates to your question, but for the present it leans more towards emotion than logic. Although, going back to the Norse, gift-giving was logic. They relied on their social networks for support; to foster good relations with one another meant survival. So maybe in this case the Norns are advising to rely on your gut.

FUTURE / ANSUZ: this is Odin's rune; it means "mouth". It represents insight, wisdom, and stability, as well as creation and intellectualism. To interpret this in conjunction with Gebo, the Norns could be saying that following your instincts will lead to personal success. Or I'm just reaching. Probably that.

All three of your runes are in Freyja's Ætt! She presides over fertility, wealth, war, and death, and apparently she's got her eye on you.

Katia wrote:
Oh mighty runes, will I make new friends?
5hbI8BC.gif5.gif20.gif
OTHALA - RAIDHO - MANNAZ

PAST / OTHALA / MURKSTAVE: like the rune Fehu, Othala symbolizes wealth; but it means "ancestral home". It refers to the type of wealth that can't be bought or sold-- family, friends, culture, your values. Murkstave, it indicates troubling things like homelessness, poverty, chaos, and prejudice. Since I drew this for your past, it could mean that something fundamentally altering happened to you, like a death or a betrayal or an extreme injustice. Or the magic rocks could be jumping to conclusions again.

PRESENT / RAIDHO: thankfully, you got Raidho as your present rune. Raidho means "wagon" or "wheel". Right-side-up, it indicates the undertaking of a new goal with focus and drive. Because it symbolizes a journey, it also entails more changes and decisions to come.

FUTURE / MANNAZ: "mankind". This rune represents the peak creativity and intellectualism of the human race; it reminds individuals that they can reach their fullest potential. Interestingly, this is one of the only runes that outright involves friendship and empathy. The Norns seem optimistic about your future.

Two of your three runes are from Tyr's Ætt! He's often associated with justice and creativity. But he also stuck his hand in the wolf Fenrir's mouth and got it bitten off, so. Maybe don't do that.

RedLantern wrote:
How can I be motivated, but more, how can I make happend and gather the strenght of execution, morally speaking, to do things I plan to do
3.gif19.gif10.gif
THURISAZ - EHWAZ - NAUTHIZ

PAST / THURISAZ: the "thorn" or "giant". Thor's rune. Thurisaz offers protection from unexpected conflict. It embodies vitality and strength, but most importantly the ability to resist conflict. Since I drew this for your past rune, it indicates that you've been experiencing altercations and retaliating, but not necessarily wasting your time on lost causes.

PRESENT / EHWAZ: a rune meaning "horse". This rune more or less embodies motivation! Just as a horse is a sturdy and dependable animal, Ehwaz represents gradual development from hard work. It indicates change for the better and harmony between people. The Norns seem to be saying that if you keep working hard you'll reach your goal eventually, and that you'll be able to rely on and cooperate with others to help you get there.

FUTURE / NAUTHIZ: the symbol for "need" and self-reliance. Nauthiz is a reminder that your desires can both restrict and motivate you, and that it's best to let them do the latter. It represents endurance, survival, determination, and-- again --motivation. A good omen overall.

I feel like I was off my game today (if one can be off their "throwing rocks at tables" game), but I hope you all found the readings entertaining nonetheless! Thanks for playing.
RedLantern

I love reading all your readins! :)
Thanks for playing with us^^
I don't know how to phrase this.
Feel free to work with the one that works better with your way of doing this!

"Is there a chance that I for myself can make my unsteady relationship turn for the better on my own account? Or did I already do anything that was possible for me on my part to do?"

or to put the same thing simply

"Should I fight for my relationship or should I see how things turn out without fighting?"
Oh gosh! We can come back for secondsies? These are so fantastic I don't think I can resist.

Oh Norny Stones, how do I shake off inertia and dread and get my butt in gear for real?
Ghost of the Dark Fo (played by jpdelta)

I've barley glanced and I'm already fascinated. One where'd you learn to do these? And I'm not being some skeptical asshole, my family actually has a long line of rune readers, I tried to get into it and apparently the Norns find I to sufficiently useless. Either that or my grand ma still hated me for eating one if her rune stones.
I have to second Delta's question: where did you learn to cast runes? I know with tarot, you have to browse until a deck feels "right" in your hands. That's why I'm still contemplating on where I should look first for my tarot deck, Rider-Waite be damned. //Shot

But I do have one more question (I think) for the runes...

Will I ever get my muse and mojo for roleplaying back, or will I have to give up roleplaying for longer than I thought, maybe even for good?
RedLantern

Your topic have so much success!! :)
I'll think of something, again! ^^ ;)
RedLantern

Huuuh....

I got one.

Dear Norses, from past,present, and future time.
I'm coming to you, with a question, something I can't seem to really think about any valuable, possible, or realistic solution. (Maybe.)

I'm utterly bored. I play games I do not really like that much, to pass time.
And when everything crashes (likes, I need money to gain better attire) or when the game crash, I'm bored, and can't think of anything funny, or heart-lightnening to do.

I'm still utterly * about my real life, note that if I could fix that, most of my boredom would be washed away, right.

But now, back to the subject, since, I did everything that could be, what could I possibly do now, for my utter boredom?

Thank you!! :)
RedLantern

I got another one when you're done with this right here!! XD

And you coudn't not been more "accurate" with the last one, just happend yesterdays without me thinking of it XD, and looking back when reading your reading this morning I was like "looool, woot xD Hey, it did happend like this! And I wasn't even expecting/looking forward to make it happend this way" xD

I could explain better, but I'm too short on patience to develop right now. xD Pm me if interested! xD
Yersinia Topic Starter

Ghost of the Dark Forest wrote:
I've barley glanced and I'm already fascinated. One where'd you learn to do these? And I'm not being some skeptical asshole, my family actually has a long line of rune readers, I tried to get into it and apparently the Norns find I to sufficiently useless. Either that or my grand ma still hated me for eating one if her rune stones.
'LightSide-Lucree wrote:
I have to second Delta's question: where did you learn to cast runes? I know with tarot, you have to browse until a deck feels "right" in your hands. That's why I'm still contemplating on where I should look first for my tarot deck, Rider-Waite be damned. //Shot

To be completely honest, I learned from the internet! Apparently there used to be oracles in my family, but they're long dead.

A disclaimer: although the supernatural fascinates me, I'm a skeptical asshole myself and can't profess a strong belief in it. I just think this is an interesting way to provoke thought and self-reflection.

Regarding the runestones themselves, I made them by collecting pebbles of similar sizes and shapes from the forest I used to play in a lot as a kid. They're supposed to be better if you make them yourself. Although, you're also supposed to paint the runes on with mouse blood. While that was well within my capabilities given my hobbies, I thought red paint might be cleaner, lmao. You keep the runes in a wooden box and don't let them touch other people, or the table you cast on (I use a rabbit pelt as a buffer instead of a cloth).

For those of you who've been reading all of these and might be wondering why the same runes keep popping up over and over, it's because I use the Elder Futhark, and there's only twenty-four runes. There's only four I haven't drawn at all yet.

Leighton wrote:
Should I fight for my relationship or should I see how things turn out without fighting?
17.gifvYdBji3.gif2.gif
TIWAZ - RAIDHO - URUZ

PAST / TIWAZ: this rune means "creation" and is the rune of Tyr, the god of law and justice. It embodies success, honour, leadership, and logic. To get this rune for your past indicates that, whatever you fought about before, perhaps you were in the right. It's an omen that just causes will prevail.

PRESENT / RAIDHO / MURKSTAVE: the symbol for "wagon" or "wheel". Normally, Raidho indicates the undertaking of journey with focus and personal rhythm. Murkstave, it indicates a period of crisis and stasis; you're unsure of how to proceed. Since a lot of runes concern movement and change, I'd advise that sometimes it's better to pick any path at all than to linger at an unhappy crossroads. That's where bandits and riffraff hang out. Not good for your metaphorical wagon.

FUTURE / URUZ: "the auroch", or wild ox. Like an ox, Uruz represents immense power and untamed potential; this power can't be owned or controlled by anyone except the individual. So, while the magic rocks dodged your question as to what you should do, they seem to believe that whatever you pick you'll do decisively and with great success.

Two of your three runes are in Freyja's Ætt! Her domains are fertility, wealth, war, and death (this is contested, but some also consider her the queen of the valkyries). People often consult her for relationship advice.

jkatkina wrote:
Oh Norny Stones, how do I shake off inertia and dread and get my butt in gear for real?
11.gif14.gif15.gif
ISA - PERTHRO - ALGIZ

PAST / ISA: the symbol for "ice". Isa indicates feelings of-- you guessed it --inertia. Some interpret this as the sort of stagnation you have to wait out, like winter itself, while others think it's an opportunity to stop, examine your life, and begin making changes accordingly.

PRESENT / PERTHRO: the rune for "lot cup", which is the cup you play dice with. Like a game of chance, Perthro represents the uncertainties and mysteries of life. It's also indicative of free will, memory, and problem-solving. Life is strange and unknowable, say the Norns; sometimes you'll win and sometimes you'll lose. But you have to play the game to do either. My magic rocks have turned into everyone's highschool gym teacher. Solid advice, though.

FUTURE / ALGIZ: directly beside Perthro in the runic alphabet is the rune for "elk". Algiz is a powerful protective symbol. It represents determination and instinct and urges you to trust your gut. If you're prone to ovethinking things, Algiz encourages you to seize the moment and run with it.

All three of your runes are in Heimdall's Ætt! His domain is generally associated with self-betterment and complex thought. He's also a protective figure in Norse mythology, and he's got his eye on you.

LightSide-Lucree wrote:
Will I ever get my muse and mojo for roleplaying back, or will I have to give up roleplaying for longer than I thought, maybe even for good?
YeIEXJg.gif21.gif19.gif
BERKANO - LAGUZ - EHWAZ

PAST / BERKANO / MURKSTAVE: meaning "birch", this is the rune of the goddess Berchta. It's a powerful fertility rune, but fertility in a broader sense; personal growth, love, and prosperity. It represents renewal and growth from humble beginnings (reminds me of sic parvis magna- thus great things from small things come). Murkstave, Berkano indicates social troubles, anxiety, feelings of abandonment, or a loss of control. It could be your mojo for roleplaying was dampened by exhausting interactions with others, feeling like you'd wasted your time when roleplays died suddenly, stuff like that.

PRESENT / LAGUZ: thankfully, Laguz is here to save the reading. The rune for "lake" embodies the power and adaptability of water-- to go with the flow, so to speak. In more wishy-washy oracle terms, it also represents energy, dreams, and imagination. The Norns think your inspiration is there to tap into.

FUTURE / EHWAZ: the symbol for "horse". Like our dependable friend the horse, Ehwaz represents gradual development and progress through hard work. Slow progress is still progress. It also encourages people to work together harmoniously to achieve great things; in this context, it could mean your roleplay partners or your muses. A good omen overall.

Incidentally, all three of you runes are in Tyr's Ætt! He's the god of law and justice, and many of his runes are associated with creativity and insight.

RedLantern wrote:
what could I possibly do now, for my utter boredom?
AIVrn3b.gif22.gif14.gif
DAGAZ - INGWAZ - PERTHRO

PAST / DAGAZ / OPPOSITION: it's popularly believed that "day" cannot be murkstave, but it can oppose the runes around it. Similar to daytime, Dagaz embodies the sense of security and clarity that comes with being able to see the world around you and be surrounded by people. In opposition, it's similar to the night; uncertain, uneasy, the feeling that you've reached an end. Unrelenting boredom isn't a far stretch. But, as the rocks say, that's in the past.

PRESENT / INGWAZ: right beside Dagaz in the runic alphabet is the rune for "earth" and the symbol of the god Yngvi, from whom Swedish kings used to believe they were descended. This rune represents the warmth and stability of a home that you need to confidently move on to new endeavors. So maybe the Norns are suggesting you try new things to cure your boredom. Also, because Ingwaz is right next to a rune in opposition, it could also indicate feelings of work with no change. That working class vibe can suck the joy out of everything.

FUTURE / PERTHRO: "lot cup", like the kind you use to play dice or games of chance with. This rune is a representation of free will and the uncertainties of life. The Norns don't have a straight answer for you, but seem to think that it would be in your interest to, well, explore your interests and take a few chances. But not dangerous chances because I don't want you to, like, follow the advice of rocks to your death or something.

Two of your three runes are in Tyr's Ætt! The justice god seems really interested in you.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Yersinia's Rune Readings [closed]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus