Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Johann & William

Aethaerraent (played by Kim)

As Johann and William vacate the doorway, they leave a space for Aethaerraent to cross the threshold. It moves like a ghost, its straight black robes motionless. It does not seem to be walking at all, just gliding. It's impossible to see the creature's feet to check this theory, as the hem whispers against the wood floor.

No candy goes into Aethaerraent's orange bag (which floats along at the illithid's side), but where it passes spilled candy goes shooting from the floor and into Ocular's bag at rather high velocity. It moves through the apartment to go and "stand" only a foot away from the beholder's eye stalks, radiating a palpable aura of impatience. Clearly, trick or treating was not the mind flayer's idea.
Zilethipereskis (played by Nero)

Ocular grins a wicked grin, pleased with something, though what exactly could be anyone's guess, apart from those who can read his mind.

“It is indeed a pleasure to meet one such as eye. There are plenty enough who get the opportunity to see me, but very rarely do I find one that suits my tastes. The sniveling one does sour the experience a little, but it's nothing I can't stomach. Tell me, Drow, as I do not believe I have been around these parts before, where are we, and why are you not in the underdark? The pallor of your skin seems suited well enough to living inside large buildings, but does not the sun shine during the day?” Two eyestalks add their focus to the central eye's, poignantly suggesting that it is now time for a response.

Candy continue to siphon slowly into the bag attached to Ocular's underside. Two pieces at a time, slowly and steadily, without fanfare or any Disney-esk bobbing and weaving.
Johann Malagrav (played by Copper_Dragon) Topic Starter

Johann folds his arms across his broad chest and grins curiously at the Beholder and its mind flaying companion.

"Curious, aren't you...? We're in Gotham City, within the state of... Delaware? No, wait, I think that's Metropolis--"

"I am not sniveling, and we're in New Jersey," William quietly states, losing more and more of his dignity with every word that leaves his lips. The elf raises his brows and widens his eyes in realization.

"Oh, yes, New Jersey. At any rate, we're in a rather unpleasant lil' wretched hive with a heavy criminal element--doesn't sound quite like your Underdark. Or does it? And so what, if the sun shines during the day?" Johann looks down at himself curiously. "Am I supposed to burn up or something?" He grins to himself with a mouth full of sharp fangs, as if his own question has struck him as amusing.
Zilethipereskis (played by Nero)

Even though Ocular only has one eyelid and no eyebrows, his face(not the bugbear face) is remarkably expressive. With the muscular ridge over his eye emphasized off to one side and a variety of other minor cues, Ocular appears to be conveying a distinct lack of interest, a noticeable change from his previous expression.

“Most underdark natives are blinded by bright light, that's all I was wondering about. This New Jersey sounds boring, it is fortunate that my business here is brief. “

Very possibly fortunately for William, Ocular either didn't hear his contradiction, wasn't paying attention, or doesn't care.
Johann Malagrav (played by Copper_Dragon) Topic Starter

Johann's grin only widens all the more.

"Well, I'm not a native of this 'Underdark', but nevertheless my eyes still like to protest bright lights." The dark elf shrugs to himself, as if none of this is a big deal to him. "At any rate, we would appreciate it if you could vacate pretty soon and leave our borin' ol' selves to our business." He tilts his head at the growing sound of sirens. "We have a party to attend, and it's not with the local authorities."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Johann & William

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus