Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Topic: Guilty Pleasures when Role-playing

Ahh, there's so many "cliche" ideas that I still really enjoy playing out. ;~; I think cliches are still a lot of fun when done well. c:

As far as characters, I'm a real sucker for conflicted or messed up morality in one way or another. I have a lot of chaotic-neutral characters and enjoy situations that push them more toward one side or the other. I also have a fair few characters that aren't all that unique as far as ideas go, but I love them anyway. Angels, demons, dragons, vampires, werewolves, aliens...Idk, I love them all. <3

As far as topics, man...anything romance, probably. I've really been needing a good romance with tension, plot, IC drama, etc, lately. x_x I'm such a fan of villains that fall for someone who isn't a villain (perhaps not necessarily someone good, could be chaotic neutral or whatever, but enough not-evil to make them kind of question their actions but not enough to actually change lmao). I like worldbuilding and yanking other characters into my own headcannon type world and plots as well, so major kudos to anyone interested in building a story and world around characters in a RP. c: I love good chemistry between characters, a plot with enough violence and (almost impossible??) odds to overcome, and love me some good, ol' forbidden love tropes.
The kinkiest thing of all. Friendship.
Asroc

I like private RPs and one x one ones. I don't feel comfortable in huge group RPs.
Kitten

I've always liked group Rps, but it's annoying when everyone has to take turns when in conversation.
Kitten

But my favorite parts in RP are the battle of the wits and when my characters become others enemies/friends.
I do also like the playful banter, but nothing serious.
...it pleases me if my RP partner tells me I made them cry. Or personally react pretty much at all, honestly.
Kitten

Finally someone who understands the joy of being a jerk character!
Asroc

Kitten wrote:
Finally someone who understands the joy of being a jerk character!

I have a few jerk characters myself.

I also like beastly type characters and ones that I can make suffer their own pain.
Guys bring me in on that, I would love to play
Kitten

And the best part is, there are so many different flavors of jerks to try...
I also like playing ones who are socially awkward (Like Gwen), it's just so fun to make them say something wrong and embarrass themselves.
Or maybe putting them in horrendous situations and torturing them....Yessss....
Kitten

But the sassy jerks. Are. Amazing.
Once you get the right level of sass it's just so perfect, I love them so much.
We should make a jerk roleplay with us all guys
Guys please we need to do this
Viper - The Burning Wrath (played by Asroc)

Kitten wrote:
But the sassy jerks. Are. Amazing.
Once you get the right level of sass it's just so perfect, I love them so much.
We should make a jerk roleplay with us all guys
Guys please we need to do this

My biggest jerk here. The character.
Hector Bossuet (played by Skipbab)

Hector is all around a monster, using gas, creepy images and illusions to **** with peoples minds.
Kitten

My biggest jerks are either Chelsea or Jasmine, love em so much.
Hmmmmmm is he a sass jerk or a sarcastic jerk?
Kitten

I don't have many fantasy jerks yet, I should fix that soon. At the moment I only have Alexis, who's a bit snide now and then, and Aviva, who's arrogant, but nobody's that sassy.
Viper - The Burning Wrath (played by Asroc)

Kitten wrote:
My biggest jerks are either Chelsea or Jasmine, love em so much.
Hmmmmmm is he a sass jerk or a sarcastic jerk?

Sass, with a dash of vulgar words.
I have jerks, but I tend more toward being emotionally manipulative.

Oh, you've bonded with my little sweetheart? *terrible things and awful decisions to make*
Kitten

Ah, I have a few manipulative ones. Not many, though, I'm not too good at being manipulative as I am as playing as a jerky sass girls, much fun.
I read the characters profiles, finding the weak spots, then sends the character into a personalized he'll.
Kitten

Awww, that's so sweet!
But...How do you find it on character profiles that don't really tell you?? Or ones that don't seem to have obvious weaknesses????

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Topic: Guilty Pleasures when Role-playing

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus