Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Topic: Guilty Pleasures when Role-playing

My guys are all big brutes but I really like when they get soft and tender around a female. Doesn't happen with anyone. And even years later he still misses her.

I want more sci-fi in my life.

Having good players is the most important part. It's great having positive people to bounce ideas off.
Basalt

Ashley wrote:
I recently got to play this! Not that I'll have my fill any time soon. It's still a classic for me.

Big bad dad type who finds a kid or a friend and has to figure out how to function without yelling or growling. Makes lots of mistakes.

Be still my heart! Also big bad dad types in general are my Achilles heel.
I have a terrible sweet tooth for soft-romantic plot lines.
Combat. You want me to be into it? Give me a scenario to roleplay a kick-ass character that can kick some ass.
Sooo some of you know me really well... I create characters with pretty tragic pasts... and I am 100% down for natural romance plots..

But My biggest, biggest guilty pleasure is development and growth of a character outside of the romance plot.

It's all well and good to be like "OMG I changed for love" but to find a plot that changes a character or better or for worse because of circumstance, or friendship, or ..life altering decisions impacted on them.

SO much better than heavy romance plots.
BobbinK

Forbidden fruit, most of my characters are on the darker/sadistic side, whether it be them manipulating another to their will or being lured into unusual scenarios themself.

Always expect the unexpected, surprises are loved.
Mouslykat wrote:
Sooo some of you know me really well... I create characters with pretty tragic pasts... and I am 100% down for natural romance plots..

But My biggest, biggest guilty pleasure is development and growth of a character outside of the romance plot.

It's all well and good to be like "OMG I changed for love" but to find a plot that changes a character or better or for worse because of circumstance, or friendship, or ..life altering decisions impacted on them.

Yes I know you are a sucker for these :)
Mouslykat wrote:

*Insert Nat/Nymphe*

~*~

IN any case the biggest guilty pleasure I have has everything to do with intrigue. I am a world builder I like breaking the rules of that preestablished world. Turn it on it's head, while still within the guidelines of that world. I'm also a big proponent of CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT and Darker story themes. I like having my characters broken in some aspect or another and have their journey go to rebuild them back together.

I also like having silly rps. Character learning how to swim? The power of peaches? Experiencing snow for the first time. Gimme alll that.
Guilty pleasure when roleplaying?

Wrestling and fighting... If they're done in a fantastic setting even better. :P
I absolutely love IC drama. I love having things shook up and having characters that shake things up. Causing all sorts of conflict, perhaps without even having resolution, forcing a character or characters to give up on prospects to pursue other ones.

Not to mention, I love grim, dark, spooky magic things. Body horror and gore, not to characters persay, but in general. Say you have a character who creates stitched up undead horrors? That is my jam! I love ruining fictional lives, I dunno. I might have issues.
I truly love finding another writer with characters who have chemistry with mine.

The romance is lovely and needs to be a base so that we can toss in drama and creating that 'making each other jealous' trope. Somewhat ashamed, but I cannot get enough. This also ties into my like for writing affairs, not that I condone that behaviour in real life, but writing it- too juicy to resist.
I love the idea of yanderes or clingy girlfriends in a rp, Yet in a situation, regardless, if 2 female characters like mine i typically dont choose a side, it may just be cause i like girls fighting over me, or i just wanna be the harem king XD
Hades_

I am a sucker for playing the damsel in distress that falls in love with the captor. Stockholm Syndrome stories are my jam and they have been since I watched Beauty and the Beast.

However, I've come to like the story to be much darker and far more brutal than the fairy tale princess story. Of course, as always I don't condone these things at all, but I can't resist the tragic love stories like these for writing purposes.
I have a thing for stories of redemption and grit. There’s just something about those hard-earned triumphs that I absolutely love. You get to watch the characters grow and succeed and it’s a great feeling~

Also, any romance where those involved have a crazy amount of chemistry. Love love love it. I’m looking at you, damnationfromafar. I ship Denzel and Gilda way too hard. <3 XD
MasterWinter

Demilicious wrote:
I truly love finding another writer with characters who have chemistry with mine.

I agree with this 1000%!

Something else I like is when you put two dominate character's together in a relationship, and they can actually make it work. Especially when it comes to ero, and there is the power struggle. A power struggle is something I LOVE when it comes to ero or outside of the ero scene.

I also love it when there is a strong female character, who can hold her own but wouldn't have too much issue if they got help from another person. I'm not saying the female has to be like a bamf mind you.

An example would be the canon character named Risa from the Seven Realms series. She takes the throne at only the age of seventeen after her mother was murdered. Risa is fairly quick to learn the ways of being a Queen, but she does her hardest and best to not be the way her mother was when her mother ruled. She even is bold and brave enough to tell her guards, servants, close friends etc. off when need be. She also won't let certain rules dictate her life. Such on what type of individual she can marry. She chooses to marry for love over politics.
Winters_Fury wrote:
Something else I like is when you put two dominate character's together in a relationship, and they can actually make it work. Especially when it comes to ero, and there is the power struggle. A power struggle is something I LOVE when it comes to ero or outside of the ero scene.

Ah, right back at you, Winter!
8KinTora wrote:
Also, any romance where those involved have a crazy amount of chemistry. Love love love it. I’m looking at you, damnationfromafar. I ship Denzel and Gilda way too hard. <3 XD

Awe! I ship them sooo hard too, and definitely one of my guilty pleasures as well.

My other guilty pleasure is the having character's realize how much they care when the other gets more than just minorly hurt trope. Like in the hospital, worried as heck.

I also really dig character conversations with parents of their partner where the parent is knowing and can see they love the other person even if they don't see it. And I really enjoy having characters talk to parents about things they're worried about, bonding with their future or current inlaws. Having their anxieties settled by them.

The last thing would be, best friend of my character ending up with best friend of my characters romantic partner. Double dates and happy endings. <3
Siolia

-coughs- I feel like I'm like, interrupting something.

Em...I really, really, like making rp's where I can categorize. Elemental rp, who would play this character from this series, zodiac, etc. It kind of turns into a puzzle for me, or sometimes even a personality quiz. Oftentimes they die off really quick, but a lot of times, just starting it is good enough for me because that involves my favorite part, brainstorming.

Hmm...and as for stereotypes -cough- I write a lot of stereotypical bishounen tragic boys...I like making pretty things cry...
Torturing characters mentally. To see them break down, warms my heart. *Begins to laugh maniacally* I might have a problem.
Honestly? anything not forced and on strict rails with a choke hold on your character, I dont mind a little guidance if its a story oriented rp just to make sure we arent monkey wrenching the whole thing.

As for theme? Romance I've recently decided I prefer being a little side thing while the main ones being pretty much anything depending on my mood (lately been a sucker for Zombie apocalypse rp or especially slice of life with possible a darksih twist or two in it, also been looking for Warcraft and Halo :P)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Topic: Guilty Pleasures when Role-playing

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus