Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Topic: Guilty Pleasures when Role-playing

People usually goes for the tragic backstory. I take the tragic event, then make them relive it, maybe even amplifying it. And if they don't have a tragic backstory, I go the the dislikes part of the profile, then amplify the hell out of it.
Kitten

Hmm....Sounds fun.
So for instance, if we took Gwen, you'd throw her on a roller coaster, force feed her rich cheese cake, and uh...Hold her down and have super loud boom boxes around her ears? And get grease in her hair?
(Well not all of that is in her bio, but still)
Yes, but her bio also says "Dislikes: Being touched, a lot of attention". So there you could put somebody, constantly touching her, while she is going to speak to a massive crowd.
Kitten

Ah, yes...She'd probably just blow up with a pool and disappear forever. ;(
Blow up with a pool?
Kitten

Darn autocorrect....I meant "poof".
Ok, were just confused.
Kitten

Aye.
I like to pre-decide on things my characters absolutely hate, and what would break them...It's fun.
Although I haven't decided for some of them yet, it's hard to figure it all out. I also decide their super hero AU identities, their opposite personalities, what they would do in weird situations etc etc. They all also have animal forms in an AU.
Could you be a bit more clear?
Kitten

Sorry, I was just droning on about how my characters have different forms in alternate universes, such as if they were animals, had the opposite personality of their original selves, if they had powers, and stuff like that.
And that my characters would hate certain things and stuff.
Ok, I got an older version of my main character Hector, he's 40 years older, gone mad, and is almaost drained of his powers.
Kitten

What had happened to him?
I like to imagine my characters when they'd be older, what they'd be doing, how they'd look and stuff.
He's a veteran for a fantasy of the nazi's, he have lost his his pregnant wife when the world split into floating isles. He lived in solitude away from all humans and elves.
I will be gone for sometime
Kitten

Same here.
JustaBitEvil wrote:
I also have some guilty pleasures I would like to roleplay, but have probably largely been playing out in communities like these because they are old novel series, are stuff like Dragons of Pern or Sword of Truth, or other fantasy/sci fi epics.

Dragonriders of Pern? Yes! I've been wanted to start a group RP for this series. I have an OC already that would fit in the universe sort of (she's a harper/journey woman with a spunky firelizard) but I haven't found many people that seem interested. I'd be willing to start a group if I found at least five or six other people interested in it.
LunaVox wrote:
JustaBitEvil wrote:
I also have some guilty pleasures I would like to roleplay, but have probably largely been playing out in communities like these because they are old novel series, are stuff like Dragons of Pern or Sword of Truth, or other fantasy/sci fi epics.

Dragonriders of Pern? Yes! I've been wanted to start a group RP for this series. I have an OC already that would fit in the universe sort of (she's a harper/journey woman with a spunky firelizard) but I haven't found many people that seem interested. I'd be willing to start a group if I found at least five or six other people interested in it.

If you ever find some other Dragonrider fans, count me in! I could adapt one of my characters to it!
Sword of Truth

Raises the hand!
I honestly have so many and they are all pretty cheesy.

Popular and nerdy crushes.

Delinquent crush.

Elemental

Super mega fluff

High school

College

Café meeting

Internet friends meet

Other cheesy lovey things I’m a huge sucker for cheesy love stories being as I’m a huge hopeless romantic. XD
Tusitala2017 wrote:
Sword of Truth

Raises the hand!

Yes! We need to get a role play going for that setting!

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Topic: Guilty Pleasures when Role-playing

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus