Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Furcadia Kickstarter!

Ilmarinen Moderator

FAbanner.gif

Hey everyone! Now, I know a lot of you guys already play Furcadia, but plenty of you don't. It's the perfect game for anyone who likes gaming, roleplaying, worldbuilding, making cool art, or coding. So it's perfect for a brilliant community like you guys! :) The game is based around user-created content. You can create a huge map with literally anything in it, and bring it to life with an easy-to-learn scripting language. I've made castles, forests, snowy mountain keeps... even a place made out of the night sky!

Furcadia is 16 years old and has just started a Kickstarter to get a big wad of funding to do a huge development cycle. They'll be making a client for the web that features full color display, updated art and interface, etc! It's going to be so awesome! They even have a sweet $25 deal for new players that gives you a portrait space (that you can put your own spiffy art in), a pair of any wings for a year, and access to a bunch of exclusive portrait art, uploadable premade maps so you can learn the ropes, and stuff like that. And muffins! :O

And folks who DO play Furcadia... well, you guys have even more at stake! Check out those stretch goals. Attachments! Graphical editors! Yee!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1810822448/furcadia-the-second-dreaming

If you want to see the sorts of things you can create, check out screenshots of my dreams here: http://vorpalmuse.webs.com/furcadia/dreams.html
And I haven't even updated that in a while... I should get on that! I'll definitely also be contributing portrait art and dreams to the content for our groundbreaking settlers! :)

(Sorry to those who saw this on my DA or FA already. :P)
TheLily

I have been drooling. I am seriously considering selling anything and everything I can to support this. I don't really want any of the reward levels (unless someone wants to lend me $3000... <_<>_>). It's totally worth it.

If I didn't literally have 32 cents to my name, I would be throwing all my money at the kickstarter. It looks amazing! I hope it gets to $80000!
Ilmarinen Topic Starter Moderator

The Legendary Avatar has already been snatched up, unfortunately! :O I wish I had more to pledge. I'm doing a combined pledge to get SS for life and the amazing size-changing power. And a custom shiny desctag! I'm so excited. If you can scrape together anything, please do consider dropping in a dollar or two! Man, if we can just get to 70k, we'll get WINGS ON NOBLES!!! I'm so excited! :D
It's all so exciting! :D. I've already pledged to the Heartbonding ceremony, and this is shared with the person I'll be heartbonding with :P. I get the kitterdust whilst she gets the angelcat ;).

If you're not able to pledge, please feel free to spread the word! Any help with advertisement will be very much appreciated by everyone at DEP, I'm sure.

You can find some banners here!

FurcBanner2.gif

So exciting! We can be HYOOJ together!

The new banners are awesome, too!
I also pledged for the Heartbond! I plan on going back for either the package for them to visit my dream or perhaps two custom desctags. :3

I am really impressed on how much work has been done on this Kickstarter, people such as Heimdall worked really, really hard on helping getting this event up and running. Of course, not to forget the creators as well!

It's really exciting to see this and as someone who has played Furcadia 10+ years, I really hope they go above and beyond what their goal is.
Sanne Moderator

This is quite impressive! I've chosen not to spend money on Furcadia anymore for personal reasons, but I can only give thumbs up to everyone who does! :)
I am scared by the new update somehow, no clue why ...
Yeah can't wait to see this happen, I pledged the archangle cat package myself as its worth it. Would give more but work cut hours and now I have to be more careful and selective lol

It'll be so awesome, though! :)
I think this change will be good. And adding on a web client is an easy way to get new people!

Not the mention the 32 bit client. :3 I'll need to hunt down a tutorial to update TGT's patches when the time comes. ;)
Props to DEP for doing such an expansive update and utilizing a resource like kickstarter. Have they specified the threshold they need to hit dollar wise to complete work on the ipad/iphone app or the native mac client?

Looks like 125k will result in a speedy revamping of the i-Client. No word on the Mac one yet... but the "take another bite of the apple" stretch goal looks promising. :P
Dog

Awesome that you posted this, Heim!
Hachirou

I'm so excited for this kickstarter! :D
Pledged :)
Sadly, though I just got back on lovely ol Furc, I has no pledge funds for kickstarted. Sounds like it'll be fun though.
I have actually gotten back into Furcadia. And I pledged xD

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Furcadia Kickstarter!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus