Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Warrior's Redemption (Closed)

Sakui (played by 8TigerBunnyTora)

Sakui tried to ignore the fact that his last suggestion been pretty much ignored, and he decided not to comment on the fact. People we're stressed, he understood that, but one would think that suggestions would be welcome for a mission that was rather vague in terms of a plan. He did not mind working with a group, so long as they did not bother him too much. He had heard enough about the Imperials to have an idea of what they were going up against, although admittedly he hadn't ever fought one himself.

He went to follow Mark and Callahan under the assumption that the other two would follow suit. Ugh, he wished Tempest was back. The young knight wondered what had made the Raiu so jittery and hoped that he was alright. The spirit-horse could take care of himself, but he couldn't help but wonder.

He really debated remaining silent for a long duration of the journey, but figured that it would be best if he made sure that his assumptions about the Imperials were well-founded. "We have been speaking of fighting back the Imperials," he mused. "As a foreigner, I would like to know what we're supposed to expect. What do they look like, and what are they capable of?" he asked Callahan.
The Treasure Lamp (played by 8TigerBunnyTora)

The Toymaker, feeling a presence behind him rather than hearing the footsteps, glanced back past the flapping of his mate-sunset cape and at Taff. He offered the sorcerer a crinkle of his flame-colored eyes, which could be interpreted as a smile. At least, it was a kind gesture. It was somewhat difficult to tell with the black mask that they all wore. Despite his short stature and stocky, stalwart figure, he knew how to carry himself and was surprisingly dextrous as they continued to rush past trees.

There was a harsh wind that suddenly blew past, so swift that it almost blew both of them off their feet, forcing them to slow to keep their footing. The Toymaker suddenly turned to his left, a curl of golden energy emanating from his right hand before he decided against it and dove out of the way at the impending entitic wind that seemed to rush at him.

There was a annoyed, snuffling blow as an equine silhouette seemed to materialize from the harsh wind, electricity crackling through its body, seeming to be formed of darkening clouds. A storm of the air. Tempest.

Tempest's lips curled back towards the Toymaker in evident hostility, baring teeth before turning to look over at Taff. It would seem that the Treasure Lamp were not the only ones who had heeded the druid's call.
Callahan Kearney (played by koobler) Topic Starter

Upon hearing the inquiry from one of the people in front of him, Callahan paused for a moment, then nodded. “Ah… That is a good question. Allow me to inform you on what we have on our enemies,” he reached behind him, pulling out a small, leatherbound journal. He flipped through the slightly faded pages filled with drawings and various notes until he abruptly stopped. He turned the little book, and showed it to the rest of the group. The page that he was showcasing was a rather detailed sketch of the enemies in question. An ominous individual wearing decaying armor that obscured much of their face and body, really leaving only their eyes exposed. They also possessed a certain stature that one could find in a live person. Several writings were scribbled around the sketch, detailing critical points of information about the said subject.

“Now, one could simply classify an Imperial as undead. Though they had no sorcerer to revive them at all. We call them draugr; an undead revived by their own means powered by extreme emotions, say for example, greed, unsatisfaction in their mortal life, or a taste for vengeance in this particular situation.” He informed. “The Imperials have an affinity for some sort of ice magic. They create blizzards and encase people and towns in ice wherever they go. They also have the combat knowledge of soldiers, and excel in swordsmanship, and even some in sorcery.” There was a short pause as the paladin stowed away the little journal back onto his person.

“Now, in terms of weaknesses… They are susceptible to silver. Though destroying them is a different case. Imperials in particular are immensely powerful. We’ve tried a good number of things; fire magic, holy magic, beheading, and other methods of that nature, though it seems to be effective and slows them down some… It never truly kills them. I’ve had suspicions that getting rid of their leaders will get rid of them all, or weaken them in some way. We have done it before. It has some effect, to an extent. It is a bit difficult to do battle with myths and legends.” There was another pause.

“...I believe I have covered all that we know of right now.”
Duran (played by Forta-ver)

"Droh-gurr," Duran repeated, attempting the foreign word without much luck. He'd attempt it quietly a few more times throughout Callahan's explanation, scanning the sketch as intently as a sighthound on the trail.

Swordsmen and sorcerers, who'd returned themselves to living (if it could be called that) by sheer force of will. Intelligent undead with the force of blizzards at their backs. The book was closed and Duran turned his attention back to the knightly man's face, scanning it for any sign of his earlier fear. Though it still lingered slightly in his eyes, the matter-of-fact way he presented this information put Duran at ease. Sure the paladin was afraid, but Duran now realized it wasn't from inexperience - the opposite in fact - and he'd probably fight all the more valiantly because of it.

"So," Duran stood up straighter, "if we're forced to engage a couple, behead them if I can, cripple them and run if I can't.... Not much else I can do, from the sounds of it."

Then he laughed. "Unless this weapon of mine is secretly holy. In which case, did I get lucky or what?"
Taff wrapped his cloak closer to him and paused briefly, able to feel the gush of wind.

He paused and looked at Temptest as it took form, causing Taff Emrys to smile warmly.

"Well, well, well, hello there, my good friend... you heard my calling too eh?" asked Taff gently patting the horse's head

"Well, as you can see, I am much better now. Now tell me, spirit of the wind who sees and hears much... do you have any news about our missing warrior? Does Evelina Winther live?" asked Taff Emrys hoping for a nay or a nod before asking further questions pertaining to his direction and course taken
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

The Hanged Man's gaze switched over to Mark when the paladin said the ranger was going to be accompanying them to find the wizard. A ranger was useful to have around, especially when the task involved finding someone in the wild. Hopefully this one would prove competent enough.

Sakui's question about the imperials made his head go up. He very much wanted to know the answer, too. In his brief time traveling through this northern land he had heard a hundred different stories on a hundred different tongues, all spinning the monsters in a slightly different light.

The way Callahan described them, the Hanged Man understood the fear. Without thinking, he made an instinctive spiral mark over his sternum. He committed the important details to memory, and hoped that someone else would be able to read the paladin's notes if need be. "Could try to chop them into little bits," he said. "Even if it stays animated, 'tis still just a pile of flesh, aye?"
Sakui (played by 8TigerBunnyTora)

Sakui allowed himself a bare trace of a smile, just the smallest upturning of the corners of his lips as Crow made the suggestion. "Seems like it, if such can be managed," he agreed with a small nod. Interesting. These creatures were nothing like any the young knight had ever faced before. Even the terrifying Oni, with their
incredible strength and borderline ridiculous healing factor; these Imperials were another matter altogether. The undead often succumbed to fire, but the ice affinity would certainly nullify it... His mind wandered from the topic at hand as he quietly pondered how he would approach such a battle when the time inevitably came.

"At any rate," he mused, glancing back and forth between Mark and Callahan as Dana was still keeping her lookout. "I imagine we'll be counting on you to guide us, as you must know these wilds better than we." He was used to taking orders, but he wanted to mostly assure himself that he could trust the strangers around him to lead them true. For a cause like this, there was little convincing needed to rally. But to trust and work as a team was another manner.
The equine storm spirit snuffled warmly at Taff's greeting and gravitated to the sorcerer's hand as he was petted. The druid would feel not a solid form, but perhaps the thickness of condensed water vapor, charged slightly with static.

The Toymaker scrambled lightly to his feet, kicking up a bit of snow as he did so, still recovering from his surprise of nearly getting attacked by the Raiu. "Did you call that thing too?" he asked, voice a little high with some note of apprehension.

Tempest again showed his distaste, this time by snorting, tossing his mane derisively, and releasing a rumbling within his chest, which was accentuated by the visible electricity arcing within its torso. But after that small show he turned back to Taff, nuzzling his hand and gazing at the druid with dark yet intelligent eyes. He flicked an ear as the question was asked, and he blinked twice before turning his head away in a northeasterly direction, as if gazing at something in the distance. Then he turned back to the druid and nickered quietly.
(( OOC whose turn is it?))

((Either koobler's or yours. I only see Callahan and the rangers missing from this round of responses.))
Callahan Kearney (played by koobler) Topic Starter

Ha, chop them up into bits… If only it were that simple.

A slither of awkward amusement crossed Callahan’s expression at the suggestion. “One very well could just do that, but even if you do manage to accomplish such a feat… Well, I never actually witnessed someone reduce an Imperial to a pile of flesh, now that I am taking a moment to think about it. But I can only assume they could put themselves back together, as I have witnessed an Imperial reattach their arm after I severed it from their body, as if it were some sort of puzzle piece.” He paused. “That theory, however, has yet to be proven.”

Now the paladin looked much less nervous than in the time prior. Though he still had some nerves that went unchecked, he was confident that he, and this little team he had gathered, were not going to die. That was in a perfect world, where everything went well.

“Onto more pressing matters, Mark and I shall be guiding you all to the town that had been recently ambushed by the Imperials. We will go there, find out what exactly happened, and if there are any remaining Imperials there, which, I truly hope there aren’t any, fighting them is an option, but I would suggest a simple attempt at crippling them.”

The paladin paused. “Any other questions or suggestions before we get moving?”

"Bits, crippled, and maimed -- now that's somethin' more my speed!" The lanky man positively beamed, settling his weapon across his shoulders.

"So we know the rules, we know our enemy, and we'll learn the terrain from a pack 'a experts. What's left t' ask? Let's get a move-on, 'fore our magician... friend.... finds themself dead somehow, anyway."

He shouldn't have adopted such an open posture... now he was really feeling that cold air. He deflated after a massive shiver, and gripped his cloak more tightly.

"If we, uh, somehow manage t' kill these Imperials. All of 'em, I mean... D'ya think it'll finally get warmer around here?"
((OOC - are we continuing with this RP or should we consider it dormant/discontinued??))
The Hanged Man (played anonymously)

((I'm not sure, but it also looks like my post, so ...))

The Hanged Man looked a little deflated when Callahan said that the Emperors could put themselves back together. Even if it took them some time to solve that fleshy puzzle, it wasn't worth it. Well, if it turned out that decapitation was their only recourse, the Hanged Man felt well prepared. He laid one hand on the garnet pommel of his falchion. The blade was dark and heavy, its curve designed for hacking rather than piercing. "I am ready," he said, looking up from his weapon.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Warrior's Redemption (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus