Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Winter's Writing Tips

Rogue-Scribe

I'm going to barge into Winter's writing Tips thread to toss out there a PSA Public Service Announcement.
Just a friendly reminder folks... Be mindful of how your RP post will look to your RP partner on a computer or phone screen when they get it...

a block of uncapitalised text without line breaks between paragraphs or sentence punctuation with a space between them really makes posts hard to read when your partner is trying to write a response it actually can hurt the eyes to read especially on small screens please give it some thought

vs

A block of uncapitalised text without line breaks between paragraphs or sentence punctuation with a space between them really makes posts hard to read. When your partner is trying to write a response it actually can hurt the eyes to read, especially on small screens. Please give it some thought.

I only post this because I had to give up on what could have been a good RP because I got headaches trying to read their posts and deciphering them. Just a little thought and care when writing posts can go a long way. I return you to your regularly-scheduled character and scene-building tips by the awesome Winter's Fury' :)
MasterWinter Topic Starter

Shadow-Ranger wrote:
Shadow's WWT News
I'm going to barge into Winter's writing Tips thread to toss out there a PSA Public Service Announcement.
Just a friendly reminder folks... Be mindful of how your RP post will look to your RP partner on a computer or phone screen when they get it...

a block of uncapitalised text without line breaks between paragraphs or sentence punctuation with a space between them really makes posts hard to read when your partner is trying to write a response it actually can hurt the eyes to read especially on small screens please give it some thought

vs

A block of uncapitalised text without line breaks between paragraphs or sentence punctuation with a space between them really makes posts hard to read. When your partner is trying to write a response it actually can hurt the eyes to read, especially on small screens. Please give it some thought.

I only post this because I had to give up on what could have been a good RP because I got headaches trying to read their posts and deciphering them. Just a little thought and care when writing posts can go a long way. I return you to your regularly-scheduled character and scene-building tips by the awesome Winter's Fury' :)

-Screen shifts back over to Winter-

Thank you, Shadow Ranger!

Folks Shadow makes a good point. While it is harder to respond when your posting via a smaller screen, please do your best to attempt making it easier for your partner. Your health, and their health, is important!

And now I will continue this WWT News with some more tips for writing down below. This is Winter's Fury saying: Be mindful of your rp partners, and be mindful of yourselves. Rp is supposed to be fun, not a chore! Ciao!

Uh, hello. You may have already mentioned this, but do you have any advice for playing an intelligent character? Or at least a character smarter than I am?

I've only had a quick skim of these posts, so I may have missed it.
Thank you for sharing all of this advice though. Your forum is an absolute gold mine.

Mathunga wrote:
Uh, hello. You may have already mentioned this, but do you have any advice for playing an intelligent character? Or at least a character smarter than I am?

Thank you for sharing all of this advice though.

...Smarter than you are? That's tricky.

Firstly: I do not know what your level of IQ is, not trying to be mean or anything just simply stating.

Secondly: How smart are you wanting a character to be? Are you asking for in general, or what exactly? Because judging by the fact you say "smarter than me", sounds to me like you wish for genius. Now I could be wrong, which is why I'm asking.

I can see what I can find by re-viewing/going over my old posts, if all else fails I can do a search and see what I can come up with.

Winters_Fury wrote:
Mathunga wrote:

Thank you for sharing all of this advice though.

...Smarter than you are? That's tricky.

Firstly: I do not know what your level of IQ is, not trying to be mean or anything just simply stating.

Secondly: How smart are you wanting a character to be? Are you asking for in general, or what exactly? Because judging by the fact you say "smarter than me", sounds to me like you wish for genius. Now I could be wrong, which is why I'm asking.

I can see what I can find by re-viewing/going over my old posts, if all else fails I can do a search and see what I can come up with.
Rogue-Scribe

Just revisiting this and thought it worthy of a bump.. .
I gave this inspiration link a read and like some of the suggestions made. InspirTion can be found in many places as one goes through their day.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Winter's Writing Tips

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus