Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Winter's Writing Tips

MasterWinter Topic Starter

8_Stars_8 wrote:
This is a very good site to look at to figure out a general idea or getting your wheels turning:

Backstory Description Generator

That could always come in handy.

Ooooh. My personal favorite writing site has to be this entire site:

Springhole

The site has random generators of all sorts, amazing and useful tips that have greatly helped me and various other resources that can be used!

This one keeps redirecting me to either what looks like an expired website or one of those “you won a free iPhone!” virus pages
Is it just kind of a broken link or have I just really screwed something here??
Mejasoulfruit wrote:

This one keeps redirecting me to either what looks like an expired website or one of those “you won a free iPhone!” virus pages
Not just you, I seem to be getting the expired website too
That really sucks, I was really hyped about something that’d show me how to write massive casts better
Because I keep seeing people make scents and such for their characters (which I love), here's a phenomenal resource I came across whilst making my perfumer character Roman:

FRAGRANTICA

It has colognes & perfumes, but also breaks the scents down to their ingredients for each note of said fragrance so that you can also use them instead if your character does not partake in purchasing one as part of who they are. :)
Demilicious wrote:
Because I keep seeing people make scents and such for their characters (which I love), here's a phenomenal resource I came across whilst making my perfumer character Roman:

FRAGRANTICA

It has colognes & perfumes, but also breaks the scents down to their ingredients for each note of said fragrance so that you can also use them instead if your character does not partake in purchasing one as part of who they are. :)

This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I'm saving this in my bookmarks for later! The aromatherapy nerd in me thanks you!
LightSide-Lucree wrote:
Demilicious wrote:

FRAGRANTICA

This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I'm saving this in my bookmarks for later! The aromatherapy nerd in me thanks you!

Woo!! I'm tickled to hear it! 💖 It's so easy to get lost in it too which makes it that much better. :)

Subtleknifewielder wrote:
Mejasoulfruit wrote:

Umm. Can you guys help pin point which post of mine had that link, so that I may remove it?

New update!

This is an update for all to see, in case you don't visit the front page to see where the update is.

Please be aware that at the time I post/share links, they work for me. If for some reason the links do not work, please: Let me know which post of mine has the link, by providing the date that the link was posted in, as well as telling me which link it is that does not work anymore. I have posted so many links, that just simply copying the link I shared that is not working anymore, does not help me to figure out where it is so I may remove it. Thank you.
Winters_Fury wrote:
Subtleknifewielder wrote:
Mejasoulfruit wrote:

Umm. Can you guys help pin point which post of mine had that link, so that I may remove it?

October 19 2018

Thank you Stars!

I have removed the link, after viewing it myself.

I am aware I should go over the links myself, to see which ones are still good and which are not. However. Due to my rl, and the strain/stress I am under right now, I am not certain when I am going to be able to do so.

If I could ask that you folks who follow my Tips forum post, to help me keep an eye out for broken links so I can fix them. Thank you.
Will do, definitely will keep an eye out!
LakotaSiouxWarrior

Thank you for this forum you certainly have helped my writing.

To any and all who read this: You are most welcome for this thread. If you find it to be helpful to you, it makes me happy.

Forgive me for not adding to it. My rl gets in my way, but I will do my best to update soon.

Please feel free to share any and all tips you find. There is no such thing as a bad tip.
Hey, no worries, add to it when you can, do not feel obligated, you did this because you wanted to ^_^

Hello all! Let's start with some wise words from author Stephen King.

The key to good description

4cb5ad0877422a6c068e627ae1fd6799.jpg

Wherever you write

04771eec5e654d6aed141b0fa958143b.jpg

On back story

74cfd5a31ed624355bd19218b22ea8e2.jpg

There is a muse

491a2cb9f49412dc139a9f024b85138c.jpg

Kill your darlings

a0214f601104812ccb9844cd5fb08054.jpg

Bad writing is more than

1f1903368fe0342b5428e2aee21786af.jpg

Stopping a piece of work

7429fa9b142ab2da8046b22973d66d3a.jpg

LakotaSiouxWarrior

Thanks for this forum it has helped improve my writing immensely.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Winter's Writing Tips

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus