Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » Dictionary Love 💖

Rouleaux

[ro̅o̅lō′] sing. rouleau

Etymology: Fr, cylinder

red cells in a microscopic roll or "stack-of-coins" formation that may be caused by abnormal proteins

The patient's blood sample showed prominent rouleaux formations
Hades_

Enthusiastic
adjective

Having or showing intense and eager enjoyment, interest, or approval.

The hummingbird was enthusiastic when it came to protecting his sacred stash of sugar water that the humans graciously provided in his feeder.
vilify

verb

speak or write about in an abusively disparaging manner.

The State Senator was vilified by the press for his lack of taking a stand on the issue at hand.
Obstreperous
Adjective

Noisy and difficult to control

Example: The crowd was extremely Obstreperous
((Don't know why the words have to be from the english language though the word is in a dictionary and it did have a definition so if that's such a problem then I apologize.))
Demilicious Topic Starter

((I set it up to be English words because English is the main language used on the forum. The purpose of this thread is to help others, native & non-native speakers alike, to widen their vocabulary and possibly use in their roleplays to come. :) ))
Hades_

Anguilliform
Adjective
Shaped like or resembling an eel

The man had an anguilliform entrance. It was enough to make you feel suspicious of his intentions at the party.
Antiestablishmentarianism

The belief that a society's political or social structure is corrupt or unjust.

Example: John was interested in Antiestablishmentarianism until he realized what a cliche it was.
Mercurial
adjective
Someone of a temperamental disposition.

"The mercurial gods would lay curses as readily as they gave blessings."
Quotidian
(kwoʊtɪdiən )

adjective [ADJECTIVE noun]
Quotidian activities or experiences are basic, everyday activities or experiences.

``The mundane, quotidian routine was beginning to bore me, so I started looking for a new job. A lucky job I did find.. as a killer.``
absquatulate
verb

leave abruptly.

"some overthrown dictator who had absquatulated to the USA"
Indefatigable
Adjective

Tireless or unable to be fatigued.

Example: "When it comes to creative destruction, why my boy, I am positively Indefatigable!" Insert evil laugh
RedLantern

deletion ;

A type of genetic change that involves the absence of a segment of DNA. It may be as small as a single base but can vary significantly in size.

Example: "After the results came out, there was no more doubt possible that the whole...silhouette he had seen wasn't human at all. Its DNA pattern was like some buttchered trunk, missing parts here and there, and the mixed human DNA put in there was being replicate, but with some mistakes.
Deletions occured and patterns where sometimes reproducted two-times or not at all. Whatever it was, it could change his form to fit into human society, but only so much to really looks like one. For now. "
Hades_

Elysian
(adjective)
A beautiful word, elysian is anything that connotes beauty, perfection, celestial divinity, bliss and overall paradise.The Elysian Islands or Elysium is a conception of the afterlife reserved for the gods, the righteous and the heroic. It is a heavenly realm assigned for their indulgence and enjoyment of life to the highest degree of euphoria.

Her eyes were elysian and invoked a fear in him that he may never see her again.
RedLantern

((
PrettySir wrote:
Elysian
(adjective)
A beautiful word, elysian is anything that connotes beauty, perfection, celestial divinity, bliss and overall paradise.The Elysian Islands or Elysium is a conception of the afterlife reserved for the gods, the righteous and the heroic. It is a heavenly realm assigned for their indulgence and enjoyment of life to the highest degree of euphoria.

Her eyes held a great depth of elysian and invoked a fear in him that he may never see her again.
Not sure Elysian is used in this kind of sentence...context, though.))

((I'm pretty sure you can call a place elysian, and it have to be put insightfully into the sentence or it will look like wacky... know I mmake wacky snetence from tiles to time, but t's mostly because I don't know how to not make them wacky, not that I don't know they are though. XD ))
((Given that Elysian means anything beautiful or perfect, I think PrettySir's sentence was perfect. But more to the point, my understanding is that this thread is for all of us to share our love of words, not to critique others.))
Hades_

Dulcet
Adj.

Sweet and sugary.

Her voice sang out in a dulcet tune whilst she wandered down the old stone road.
Hades_

Susurrous
Adj.

A whispering or hissing.

The susurrous obscenities the old man spewed were made in ignorance and intolerance.
Hades_

Plethora(One of my favourite words.)
Noun

A large and excessive amount of something.

There was a plethora of hairs left behind once the cat left my lap.
Hades_

((I've added so many new words because I don't want this beautiful post taken up by negativity. Continue on with the love of words and writing, please don't continue on with any negative feedback. Thank you.))

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » Dictionary Love 💖

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus