Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » War of the elements

He pays the boy no attention, still drawing the symbols in the air. Wrapping up, he again faces the waves.

"Cowardly? I don't think so."

// Alright, see you tomorrow! //
Era Beliensh (played by YumeAiri)

Era placed the bunny back onto the charred grass for a moment. She gave an uncertain chuckle at it, as Era spoke through the utter silence of a once thriving vicinity of the world, turned into complete chaos.

"I suppose I could finally venture past these endless plains this time," Era told herself. "Not that I don't want to depart, but.." The girl sighed for a moment, before rubbing her forehead. "Ah, I'm just blabbering to myself!" Era exclaimed. "There's no one else alive here! It's too... lonely.." Era gazed into the empty distance, as she felt the wind brush against her back. The girl looked back toward the bunny on the charred grass, before a stern expression was fixed in her face.

"Okay, little bunny," Era said, as she failed to scoop it up the first time, and began to attempt another maintained grip on the bunny. "Looks likes we'll.. be heading out..!"
Vincent holds his hands out in front of him as the waves reach him. The moment that the water touches his hands the sigils floating around him flare up. The water passes over and around him in a dome of sorts.

As the worst of it passes, the barrier that he had constructed for himself melts away. The water collapses on the magician and he can only flail as it catches him and washes him away along with the surrounding landscape.

Then black. He doesn't even realize when he falls unconscious.

After failing to even hold on to a bunny that just stood there for a few more times, Era just plopped down onto the charred grass. "Okay, I can't hold you.. for some reason," said Era, as she stared at the cloudy skies. The wind brushed against the girl's face, as Era's left hand grabbed a handful of charred grass, and gazed at it. "Maybe you're just some hallucination that I fail to make contact with. Maybe not, either," the girl told the bunny, as she let the charred grass blow into the calming wind. "Or, maybe I'm just stupid," Era finally finished, as she sat up.

She let the silence settle, before Era thought she had heard something strange. The girl, rather confused, turned in the supposed direction of the sound. It sort of sounded like moving... water?

Era, without even paying any attention whatsoever, lifted the bunny up, and held it singlehandedly in some sort of cradle-like motion. "What was that..?" the girl asked, before shaking her head. "No, you can't even talk, why am I asking a bunny?" Era huffed, as the sound hurried forward at her left. She only stood still as Era could see it now: a large drift of water rushing closer, and constantly changing direction. "U-Uhm.." Era stammered, as the water fixated itself toward her. "W-Water? W-Why is t-there water?!"

The girl only froze in place, as the water proceeded onward, closer and closer. Era's lip quivered, as it was now just a few inches away. Suddenly, everything around her felt as if it slowed down, while the breeze wrapped itself around her.

"Don't merely stand there! Rise!"

Era closed her eyes in slight fear, as she braced herself, and the bunny for impact. She waited a few moments, but... nothing. Only that water brushed against the tips of her toes. Puzzled, Era opened her eyes to see that she was still on the ground, which was now soaked from water. The girl heaved a sigh of relief, as she placed the bunny onto the wet grass. Something new had caught her eye.

The water now gone, Era could see them. It was a man, who laid unconscious, and soaked on the charred, wet grass.
The darkness feels like the water surrounding him. Wet and murky and heavy as he sinks deeper and deeper. He gasps for air, but only the blackness enters his mouth.

"...No!"

Vincent comes to, coughing. The water in his nose and mouth leaves from his body, and he sits up panting. His eyes dart around, but all he sees is the scenery of grass. Oh. That's where he was. It had all been a strange daymare of sorts.

His eyes come to rest on someone nearby, a girl...

Era had stared in curiosity at the unconscious man before her. She was rather surprised as to why and how this man had been caught in the water, and was tempted to ask several questions when he awoke.

Now that the man had awoken, Era suddenly felt scared. The girl was ready to get in a defensive stance, as the man had looked at Era. This could be an opponent! Era began to think. He could be one of the enemies..!

What was supposed to be confident and menacing words escaping from her mouth, came to be a slur of stutters as the man had continued to look at Era. "S-Stay back!" Era stammered. "Or I-I'll.. u-uhm.. I-I'll attack y-you!" The girl was now in a defensive stance, as she was sort of ready to send a gust of wind at this anonymous man's face. "A-And I c-can assure y-you! I-I will!"
He watches the stuttering girl with a mix of confusion and curiosity.

"Element?" he asks, his voice husky. The words escape from his mouth before he had even thought about them. Vincent shakes his head, repeating his question with better clarity. "Your element?"

"Uhm.. W-Why should I-I tell t-the likes of y-you..?" Era questioned, while pointing her finger at the man. "I-I have n-no reason t-to trust-"

The girl was cut off as an accidental, and rather powerful gust of wind shot from her finger, and straight at the man's direction. Her eyes widened slightly, as the girl was knocked back onto the charred, moist grass.

Get up, get up!

She flailed back up after a few moments, her hands rather shaky now. Era looked back in fear of the man, as the girl took a few steps away.
"Your own powers betray your alliance." Kneeling, he bends his head down as the wind slams into his body.

Vincent presses his hands to the ground as the gust subsides and pulls himself up. There is no sign of that boy from earlier anywhere, so this girl will have to do. He balls his hands into fists and makes a punching motion in her direction, sending a ball of fire her way-

Except that doesn't happen. His hands only manage a few embers that die off in the air. He looks down at his fist, puzzled.

Era braced herself, as the girl expected the man's attack to just come at her. She expected a sizzling ball of flames to scorch her, only to realize that it.. didn't happen.

What..?

She stared at the man, who seemed to be confused at the sight, as well. She managed to get a glimpse at the last ember, which died off in the breeze that happened by. Era felt relieved for a moment, before she began to remember the situation she was in.

"You may be no match for this man. Flee!"

"Flee.." Era repeated the last word, in a whisper, as she slightly nodded. The girl didn't feel as if she have another choice, and obeyed. Turning around, Era attempted to run away from the hostility of this man, and tried in her effort to reach the only location she believed to be safe: her old, two story cabin.
"Damn...!"

Seeing the girl turn around and run, Vincent takes off as well. The punishing waves, however, had tired him out considerably, and he has to slow his pace after a while.

Era's heart pounded furiously, as she could hear the man pursuing her. The girl, in more of a panic now, began to run faster and faster, without daring to look back. It felt as thought she was almost hovering a few inches off the ground at some moments.

Keep fleeing..!

Despite hearing no more sounds of the man, the girl refused to slow her pace. Exhausted and petrified, she soon reached the door to her cabin. As the girl opened the door to the inside, Era passed out from her exhaustion, while the breeze grazed against her arm.
Out of breath, the magician is eventually forced to stop and let the girl go. He gasps for air for a moment before looking back up. She's gone. There's nothing around him aside from the grass and some trees.

Catching his breath, he looks around. "Where the hell am I..."

"H-Huh..? W-Where am I..?"

Darkness surrounded Era, as nothing echoed back to her question. It was unsettling empty, as the girl could feel the wind brushing against her toes.

"The wind..?" Era questioned aloud. "That must mean..!"

The girl looked eagerly through the darkness, but nothing had shown through the pit of darkness. Her excitement boiled down, as Era fell to her knees. "Where am I..?" the girl cried into the dark.

"Look into the skies, child. You'll see."

~

Era still remained unconscious, as the wind fell silent. It seemed as thought the wind had stopped around the cabin, while Era remained in her unconscious state. Like, as if it had completely disappeared.

Soon, it begun again, before vanishing once more in an abnormal pattern of stop and go.
Resuming his path forward, he starts to walk. This area is a quiet one, and the only sounds now are that of the grass shifting as he plants his feet. Not even the crickets chirp, despite that it is getting dark. As he walks, the grass goes from their normal green color to a scorched brown.

Vincent looks up. He finds himself in another village now. It seems that this one was also involved in a skirmish much like the one he was at before.

"Interesting..." he muses as he approaches the place.

Era glanced up at the darkness, puzzled. "Skies..?" the girl questioned. "What skies? There aren't any skies-" Era was proven wrong, as the darkness began to unveil a different nature.

The darkness began to turn into a gorgeous landscape of wide plains, blanketed by fields of elegant flowers. Trees dotted the near distance, and the darkness above turned into teal blue skies, dotted with frosty clouds, and a shining sun. "Wow.." Era whispered, admiring the scenery before her.

"I can presume that you may be enjoying it?"

The girl turned around to see a young maiden, who wore the brightest smile, had the lushest locks of ginger, and the sweetest honey colored eyes. Wings emerged from the back of this maiden, white and feathery as an angel's wings. Era looked at the maiden in awe, before asking, "Who.. Who are you?"

The woman merely walked forward, and ruffled Era's hair, as the maiden spoke.

"I shall not say now, but I may say it soon. For now, come, and walk alongside me, child."
Walking through the village, Vincent stops by the houses that he comes by. One of the houses, almost completely unrecognizable from the fire damage, hosts a corpse sitting at its front door (or rather, what is left of it). Upon closer inspection he sees that it is a woman, her face still twisted in a mix of emotions. Was she scared? Sad? Perhaps angry? He doesn't know and will never know.

A feeling, something he can't describe, moves him to act. The magician brushes his hands together before pinching at the air in front of him. A blanket materializes before him and he grabs it, draping it over the dead body.

Did she have children? A husband? Where are they now?

He stands there for some time, his eyes on the blanket over the corpse.

"But, wait!" Era called out. "I-I have questions about y-you!"

The woman looked back, and only replied back with, "I understand, dear child, but you must understand.. I have a task that I have chosen to place upon you."

Era looked confused at the maiden's lone response. "A.. task?" the girl questioned. "...What task?"

The woman only remained in utter silence, as she began to walk forward, while the wind seemed to follow in pursuit. "W-Wait!" Era cried out, as she ran toward the maiden.
There's little else to do in this village. Aside from the corpses lying around, these ruins are just as empty as those of the previous village.

"Are there any settlements even left..." He mutters, shaking his head. Probably. At this rate, however, there would be none left.

Vincent looks around now, for a house that wasn't completely destroyed. Perhaps he can stay somewhere for the night, at least away from the cold air.

The woman paused once more, and delivered a rather quiet "Hm.." at Era. The girl would skid to a halt beside the woman, as the maiden looked down upon Era, and proceeded onward.

"It is to my knowledge that you know of the war you may be facing. Is this correct?" the woman mused. Era nodded politely. "Y-Yes. It stared b-between the beasts of water and fire," the girl explained to the maiden. "Because of them, the o-other elements have been involving themselves to their p-problems."

The maiden only smiled, as she knelt down, and lifted Era's chin up. "Speak with confidence, Era," the maiden encouraged. "It would be a pleasure for you to speak without fear."

(I gtg now, so I guess I'll see ya tomorrow :P)

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » War of the elements

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus