Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Holiday Goodies from Jinx!

Ben Moderator

o: Can you do Benjamin? This is pretty awesome.
Ooh. I was going to ask for Dylan but looks like you already did it. ;D That's awesome!

Could you do Siena?
Could ya do Brandon?
Glory, this is a neat idea. Could you do "Hooke"? Pronounced like "hook", natch. Not the most interesting name in the world, but I prefer to keep my first name to myself.
Hello, and this is an awesome idea :)
If you still have some time, I would like my name translated. It is: Christiane
Highjinx Topic Starter

I promise I haven't forgotten you guys! Tomorrow I'm heading to Asakusa with my roommate then I have to pack for my flight back to MN on Monday. So hopefully I will get to these tomorrow night.
I'm curious as to what 'Katie' or 'Kathryn' would be. Whichever is easiest!
Oh my gosh, I would LOVE this! Is there any way you can do one for me, maybe one for "Captain" (would that even work?) and one for my given name, Cassandra?
I'm jumping in on this train. Full first name is Samuel, but I just go by Sam. Use whatever's easiest for you.

rolled 1d20 and got 8

Can I haz mine done too :? It's Sufyan. PLEASE AND THANKYA
Awesomeness, many thanks! I like it so much that I've put it on my profile.

Now I know the meaning of my name in TWO languages, since Nathan is originally a Hebrew name (One of the prophets was called Nathan I believe) and it means "God has given" which I've always rather liked. So translating it into kanji makes it mean... peace praise. That's awesome too.
Highjinx Topic Starter

Terel wrote:
Awesomeness, many thanks! I like it so much that I've put it on my profile.

Now I know the meaning of my name in TWO languages, since Nathan is originally a Hebrew name (One of the prophets was called Nathan I believe) and it means "God has given" which I've always rather liked. So translating it into kanji makes it mean... peace praise. That's awesome too.

I am so glad that you like it :)
Highjinx Topic Starter

Nikina
Ni-ki-na
Kana: ニッキー
Kanji: 仁妃
仁- Ni (benevolent)
妃- ki (queen)

Fox, This one is easy!
Ki-tsu-ne
Kana: きつね
Kanji: 狐 (kitsune, means fox lol)

Benjamin
be-n-ja-mi-n
Kana: ベンジャミン
Kanji: 弁惹民
弁- ben (articulate)
惹- ja (attractive)
民- min (people)

Siena
shi-e-na
Kana: シエナ
Kanji: 詩恵成
詩- shi (poem)
恵- e (blessing)
成- na (successful)

Brandon
bu-ra-n-do-n
Kana: ブランドン
Kanji: 武嵐努御
武- bu (samurai/military)
嵐- ran (storm)
努- do (effort)
御- n (honorable)

Hooke
Ho(o)-ku
Kana: ホック
Kanji: 保功
保- ho (preserve)
功- ku (achievement)

Christiane
ku-ri-su-ti-a-a-ne
Kana: クリスティアーネ
Kanji: 久李寿禎安音
久- ku (eternal)
李- ri (plum)
寿- su (longevity)
禎- tei (happiness)
安- a (peaceful)
音- ne (sound)

Katie
ke-i-ti-i
Kana: ケイティー
Kanji: 慶逞
慶- kei (extreme happiness)
逞- tei (bold)

Captain / Cassandra
The word for Captain, like… of a warship, which I’m assuming, since your character is a pirate is the right one, is ka-n-cho-u かんちょう, kanji being 艦長. Since this is a status/honorific, people would address you/her as kasandora-kanchyou. It’s just like regular honorifics. When you speak to a friend you’d call them Cassandra-san or Cassandra-kun (if you are really close). Unless you are really familiar with someone in Japan you never drop the honorific and it almost always comes after the name.

ka-sa-n-do-ra
Kana: カサンドラ
Kanji: 佳燦度楽
佳- ka (excellent)
燦- san (radiant)
度- do (time)
楽- ra (pleasure)

Samuel
sa-mi-e-ru
Kana: サミエル
Kanji: 冴実慧流
冴- sa (skillful)
実- mi (truth)
慧- e (wise)
流- ru (stream)

Sufyan, holy curve ball lol. That looks like an awesome name (Arabic?) I’ll try to translate this one the best I can but I don’t know if it’ll be 100% accurate. It may help if you let me know how it is pronounced. I’m thinking it sounds like Suf-yan?
Su-fu-ya-n
Kana: スフヤン
Kanji: 寿富夜穏
綜- su (rule)
富- fu (rich)
夜- ya (night)
穏- n (calm)
Highjinx Topic Starter

Ok guys! It's 3:18 Monday morning in Japan and I'm getting on a plane in 15 hours to fly back to Minnesota. I don't think I'll be getting anymore of these done until I get back home. I'll also probably be a little out of it for a couple days due to jet-laggy-zombie-syndrome. AFTER THAT though... I'll get around to any new ones that pop up.

XOXO - Jinx
Thanks Jinx!!!! I love it, I hope you have a safe flight.
Oh my gosh, thank you so much! That is so awesome!!! <3 <3 <3 I might be feeling a tattoo idea here...
Highjinx Topic Starter

You are welcome Nikina! Lol Oh jeeze, tattoos
Thanks! I owe you one big time! Its pronounced Suf-yan so you were right, lol ;3
Ben Moderator

Awesome, thanks Highjinx! Very cool O:
Keke Moderator

Hope you have a safe and pleasant flight! I would love one when you get around to it. :) Name: Kelsey

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Holiday Goodies from Jinx!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus